ImageImageImageImageImage

Week 4: Jets @ Titans (Sept. 29th, 4:05PM, CBS)

Moderator: Rich Rane

Rich Rane
Senior Mod - Nets
Senior Mod - Nets
And1: 13,822

Re: Week 4: Jets @ Titans (Sept. 29th, 4:05PM, CBS) 

Post#21 » by Rich Rane » Sun Sep 29, 2013 11:13 pm

Well...that was pathetic.
TKF
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 116

Post#22 » by TKF » Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:04 am

Thugger HBC wrote:If your gonna be bad, do it all in one game, get it all out Geno.

28 points off turnovers...wowsers

YEA Kid has all the talent in the world is seems, but the jets don't do him any favors.. the penalties, the lack of protection at times, receivers who can't get open except for kellen winslow JR when his knees are not barking... and the penalties again.. jeezus, that is just horrendous!!

as you said, get it all out.. next week they will be here in Atlanta, we gotta win that one or I am buying rounds at the bar.... :cry:
Thugger HBC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,760
Location: Defense+efficient offense=titles...what do you have?

Post#23 » by Thugger HBC » Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:10 am

TKF wrote:
Thugger HBC wrote:If your gonna be bad, do it all in one game, get it all out Geno.

YEA Kid has all the talent in the world is seems, but the jets don't do him any favors.. the penalties, the lack of protection at times, receivers who can't get open except for kellen winslow JR when his knees are not barking... and the penalties again.. jeezus, that is just horrendous!!

as you said, get it all out.. next week they will be here in Atlanta, we gotta win that one or I am buying rounds at the bar.... :cry:

The defense imo seem to be over trying, they need to loosen up a notch, but today I kinda felt bad for him, they were out there most of the game and gave a good effort as usual....even with the penalties it hasnt cost the team wins.

Both losses are directly tied to the offense.

Geno is lucky the Jets dont have anyone capable to take over, but I definitely hope he does get better taking care of the ball, really just knowing when to get rid of it.

You might not have to shell out that cheese, the falcons havent been exactly solid themselves. :lol:
R. I. P. Mamba 8/23/78 - 1/26/20

Gone, but will never be forgotten
TKF
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#24 » by TKF » Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:25 am

Thugger HBC wrote:
TKF wrote:

The defense imo seem to be over trying, they need to loosen up a notch, but today I kinda felt bad for him, they were out there most of the game and gave a good effort as usual....even with the penalties it hasnt cost the team wins.

Both losses are directly tied to the offense.

Geno is lucky the Jets dont have anyone capable to take over, but I definitely hope he does get better taking care of the ball, really just knowing when to get rid of it.

You might not have to shell out that cheese, the falcons havent been exactly solid themselves. :lol:

yea, the turnover with geno has to stop.. the defensive front seven are beast and they will keep you in every game if you don't turn it over..

Geno is lucky the Jets dont have anyone capable to take over,

and thank god, because some veteran backup may win you a couple of games, but that is not a long term solution...I like the fact that geno can take his lumps now.. hopefully he learns quick...

I was saying that myself, but after todays game, I didn't want to even mention anything having to do with the jets and beating another team... lol
j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 18,501

Post#25 » by j4remi » Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:56 pm

Coming into the season it was pretty accepted that these guys were gonna need another year to fill in the skill player roles. Hopefully Goodson comes back and helps. Geno doesn't seem to be figuring out this TO thing at all, at some point you have to stop chalking it up to "rookie mistake" and that's especially when he's turning the ball over so often. I'm glad he's thrown to the wolves though bc this coming draft should have some nice options if Geno flops.
Haliburton/Lewis Jr/Sasser
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Washington/Barnes/Crowder
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

Ex: Samar, K. Diop, Spagnolo
TKF
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#26 » by TKF » Mon Sep 30, 2013 4:08 pm

j4remi wrote:Coming into the season it was pretty accepted that these guys were gonna need another year to fill in the skill player roles. Hopefully Goodson comes back and helps. Geno doesn't seem to be figuring out this TO thing at all, at some point you have to stop chalking it up to "rookie mistake" and that's especially when he's turning the ball over so often. I'm glad he's thrown to the wolves though bc this coming draft should have some nice options if Geno flops.

WHILE I do agree that the mistakes have to stop and some of them are stupid rookie mistakes, lets be honest, he isn't getting much help from some of his o-line, the penalties and the receivers..

Notice how he now leans a lot on kellen winslow JR.. well that is because kellen has talent, his body is just breaking down.. he can get open and will catch the ball..

Yesterday santonio holmes made a poor attempt and got out muscled for a ball that should have been an incompletion at worst, instead of an interception...

look around the league.. Joe flacco threw 5 interceptions yesterday, I think cutler threw 3, these are seasoned vets.. This kid is being thrown to the wolves and asked to drop back a lot.. I mean a lot.. 136 attempts so far... quite a few QB's in this league are struggling, eli manning for one..

I look at it this way.. geno won two games for us, one with his legs the other with his strong arm vs buffalo... that we could have easily lost.. the only consistent strength for us has been the defense.. this offense could of had us 0-4, so I look at the other end of the spectrum too.. we are lucky to be 2-2 and geno has a lot to do with that as well.
j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#27 » by j4remi » Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:00 pm

TKF wrote:
j4remi wrote:Coming into the season it was pretty accepted that these guys were gonna need another year to fill in the skill player roles. Hopefully Goodson comes back and helps. Geno doesn't seem to be figuring out this TO thing at all, at some point you have to stop chalking it up to "rookie mistake" and that's especially when he's turning the ball over so often. I'm glad he's thrown to the wolves though bc this coming draft should have some nice options if Geno flops.

WHILE I do agree that the mistakes have to stop and some of them are stupid rookie mistakes, lets be honest, he isn't getting much help from some of his o-line, the penalties and the receivers..

Notice how he now leans a lot on kellen winslow JR.. well that is because kellen has talent, his body is just breaking down.. he can get open and will catch the ball..

Yesterday santonio holmes made a poor attempt and got out muscled for a ball that should have been an incompletion at worst, instead of an interception...

look around the league.. Joe flacco threw 5 interceptions yesterday, I think cutler threw 3, these are seasoned vets.. This kid is being thrown to the wolves and asked to drop back a lot.. I mean a lot.. 136 attempts so far... quite a few QB's in this league are struggling, eli manning for one..

I look at it this way.. geno won two games for us, one with his legs the other with his strong arm vs buffalo... that we could have easily lost.. the only consistent strength for us has been the defense.. this offense could of had us 0-4, so I look at the other end of the spectrum too.. we are lucky to be 2-2 and geno has a lot to do with that as well.

I can't disagree with much there. The O-line has been pretty bad, I'm not sure what the hell is up with Brick Ferguson and Ducasse is a bust. I like Colon and Mangold but that's it. He's shown a lot of trust to Hill and Winslow, and one of those guys was gone...but I think part of his issues have been inaccuracy because he either doesn't step up in the pocket or rushes his throws. The league is definitely looking TO prone (side note, we have a great D but no one is forcing TO's for us and we could really use some).

Geno's won two games for us and looked poised and strong in those games. He's looked bad in the other two games and he's got a running theme of TO's. It's just a tough situation for all parties but the fumbles are absolutely frustrating to me because he's not protecting the ball at all. The INT on that throw to Hill was just a really bad play for him. I want to see him grow and I'm losing patience with some of his flaws (albeit hella early I admit). When he was holding the ball too long, he corrected it quickly. We need him to correct this TO stuff immediately to have a shot...our schedule isn't very easy. I'm gonna be mad when we're caught in the in between spot with 7 wins and a QB who leads the league in TO's but also has more long passes than majority of Jets QB's the past two decades. It's that stuck in the middle I'm scared of more than anything for both our QB and the team...I want a clear direction for this team to go in.
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

TKF
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#28 » by TKF » Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:09 pm

j4remi wrote:
TKF wrote:

I can't disagree with much there. The O-line has been pretty bad, I'm not sure what the hell is up with Brick Ferguson and Ducasse is a bust. I like Colon and Mangold but that's it. He's shown a lot of trust to Hill and Winslow, and one of those guys was gone...but I think part of his issues have been inaccuracy because he either doesn't step up in the pocket or rushes his throws. The league is definitely looking TO prone (side note, we have a great D but no one is forcing TO's for us and we could really use some).

Geno's won two games for us and looked poised and strong in those games. He's looked bad in the other two games and he's got a running theme of TO's. It's just a tough situation for all parties but the fumbles are absolutely frustrating to me because he's not protecting the ball at all. The INT on that throw to Hill was just a really bad play for him. I want to see him grow and I'm losing patience with some of his flaws (albeit hella early I admit). When he was holding the ball too long, he corrected it quickly. We need him to correct this TO stuff immediately to have a shot...our schedule isn't very easy. I'm gonna be mad when we're caught in the in between spot with 7 wins and a QB who leads the league in TO's but also has more long passes than majority of Jets QB's the past two decades. It's that stuck in the middle I'm scared of more than anything for both our QB and the team...I want a clear direction for this team to go in.

i do agree the fumbles have to go, they are avoidable... and they have to stop.. Geno has to be better there..

As far as the direction of this team.. with rex it seems as if our defense is set for years and our offense lags far behind.. that won't cut it in this league..

As far as our offensive line, to have two solid pro bowlers on it and for it to be this bad at times is alarming..
j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#29 » by j4remi » Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:10 pm

TKF wrote:
i do agree the fumbles have to go, they are avoidable... and they have to stop.. Geno has to be better there..

As far as the direction of this team.. with rex it seems as if our defense is set for years and our offense lags far behind.. that won't cut it in this league..

As far as our offensive line, to have two solid pro bowlers on it and for it to be this bad at times is alarming..

Agree completely...The penalties are especially disheartening, the O-Line is setting these guys back and then not protecting the QB when they do make it past the damned snap count.
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

TKF
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#30 » by TKF » Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:20 pm

j4remi wrote:
TKF wrote:

Agree completely...The penalties are especially disheartening, the O-Line is setting these guys back and then not protecting the QB when they do make it past the damned snap count.

classic example... on that fumble by geno where he ran and gained that huge first down... well although he fumbled which led to a TD I think later on, the play would not have counted as the jets were holding anyway.. so the run and first down would have been negated... again this is a serious problem, time and time again we are getting whistled for penalties, and what the hell is going on with all these illegal shift penalties.. I mean WTH? LOL... this is a mess, we are lucky to be 2-2 and I think once we tighten that up we can be a decent team..

Return to New York Jets