ImageImageImageImageImage

Week 11: Jets @ Bills (Nov. 17th, 1PM, CBS)

Moderator: Rich Rane

TKF
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 116

Re: Week 11: Jets @ Bills (Nov. 17th, 1PM, CBS) 

Post#21 » by TKF » Wed Nov 20, 2013 5:59 pm

Flaming Mo wrote:
TKF wrote:the turnovers and pick sixes worry me the most..

what turned the game was the offside on that punt on 4th and 6.. I mean this is what bill belichick teams don't do.. silly mistakes... why are you offsides on a punt, especially not being one of the edge rushers... just a bonehead move..

Well, it gave us the game against NE because they had a Special Teams Penalty...

Anyways, while that was a monumental blunder by Douzable I think we would have still lost the game. The defense could not bottle up a CFL receiving Corps and still got beat over their head twice for touchdowns. We still could not figure out a way to get consistent pressure - our front four were stuffed, blitzes got nowhere and we have no edge rushers (undrafted Troy Davis actually looked best in that role).

I won't even comment on the offense as basically everything went wrong. We could not protect Geno, panicked when we got behind by 10, Geno was abysmal (again) and we couldnt get any run game going. In the last 5 games Geno has 1 TD and 8 INTs. Huge concern.

In the end this effort was inexcusable after the bye - the Team was outcoached, outphysicaled and outplayed by an inferior Opponent on all sides of the ball.

PS: I hated the fact that Ed Reed started and played 61 snaps while Antonio Allen got 4 snaps. Think about, we prepare two weeks with one safety, take him out and insert someone who has been with the Team for 3 days. Communication and the variety of calls took a big hit and Reed added nothing in a full time role.

I love Rex and I think he should be the Coach beyond next year but this was one of his bad showings...

good points mo.. well we have the odd week coming, which may mean a win.. LOL
Flaming Mo
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 225

Post#22 » by Flaming Mo » Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:27 pm

TKF wrote:good points mo.. well we have the odd week coming, which may mean a win.. LOL

Haha yeah apparently we are supposed to get good Geno this week... we'll see...

In the end it is all good in the Jets world, Rex is revitalized, Idzik has taken over, we got a very Young Team with some promising guys, we got 12 draft picks in next year's draft and a ton of cap space to lock up the likes of Mo Wilkerson...
Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies...
TKF
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 116

Post#23 » by TKF » Mon Nov 25, 2013 6:21 pm

Flaming Mo wrote:
TKF wrote:good points mo.. well we have the odd week coming, which may mean a win.. LOL

Haha yeah apparently we are supposed to get good Geno this week... we'll see...

In the end it is all good in the Jets world, Rex is revitalized, Idzik has taken over, we got a very Young Team with some promising guys, we got 12 draft picks in next year's draft and a ton of cap space to lock up the likes of Mo Wilkerson...

yea, Our stud line is set for years, but we will need to use those 12 draft picks on skill positions, get some playmakers and the way geno has looked lately another QB

Return to New York Jets