ImageImageImageImageImage

Jets Trade For Percy Harvin

Moderator: Rich Rane

JBreezeNY
RealGM
And1: 10,734

Re: OT: Percy Harvin is now a Jet. What the f**k? 

Post#21 » by JBreezeNY » Fri Oct 17, 2014 11:49 pm

Fat Kat wrote:[tweet]https://twitter.com/lancezierlein/status/523241558305275904[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/lancezierlein/status/523242026540605441[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/lancezierlein/status/523242562576855040[/tweet]

He fits right in.

Welcome to the Circus Percy.

This shouldn't be news though he had problems in Minnesota as well.
MaseInYourFace
RealGM
And1: 11,272

Post#22 » by MaseInYourFace » Fri Oct 17, 2014 11:56 pm

moocow007 wrote:Bleh...not a real fan of this move. Harvin is injury prone (hip problems being his biggest health concern) and he's nothing but a no.2 receiver. His contract is huge and he has a reputation for not being the sharpest tool in the shed. Yes, if he's healthy he's probably better than any of the Jets other receivers not named Decker but chances are he'll be injured before the season ends. Not exactly a smart way to spend especially with the season all but over with.

I'm with you 100% on this. Idzik is terrible and should go with Rex. So effing pissed with the Jets right now.
MIAMI HEAT BAF
G- James Harden
G- Malcolm Brogdon
F- Robert Covington
F- Paul Millsap
C- Dwight Howard
Bench: S. Milton, F. Korkmaz, K. Bazemore, D. Oturu, J. McDaniels, A. Caruso, T. Mann
IR: X. Tillman Sr., J. Nwora, E. Hughes,
rammagen
Head Coach
And1: 778

Post#23 » by rammagen » Sat Oct 18, 2014 1:05 am

JBreezeNY wrote:Y'all not looking at the bigger picture.

This season is over, yes.

But next season is when the fun begins.

Our potential WR lineup will have Percy Harvin, Eric Decker & Amari Cooper. Even with Geno as a whatever QB those are some pretty decent options. After that we go after our secondary, O-line & our running game. We might even go after a QB next year. I'm still not a fan of Izdik but after Rex is gone finally we can focus on the offense.

Oline then db then lb
need oline help more the dbs they have McDougal and Milner both injuried so even if one can play all season they can sign a journeyman that will show up and be better
Quote from ESPN’s Bill Simmons posted on Twitter “28 FT’s to 5. I don’t watch rigged NBA games, I’m switching to hockey”
Greenie
RealGM
And1: 30,697

Re: Jets Trade For Percy Harvin 

Post#24 » by Greenie » Sat Oct 18, 2014 1:49 am

CHAMPIONSHIP!!!!
Greenie
RealGM

Post#25 » by Greenie » Sat Oct 18, 2014 1:50 am

zilby wrote:Conditional pick is 2015, ranging between 2nd-4th round.

Which begs the question, WHY? Harvin has not stayed healthy or consistent enough to be a game-changer or even worth a 2nd-4th pick. If Idzik isnt wasting picks he's crapping them away on players like Harvin.

Time to clean house this offseason. Everyone. Absolutely everyone.

I see you ain't ready.
Greenie
RealGM

Post#26 » by Greenie » Sat Oct 18, 2014 1:54 am

Our potential WR lineup will have Percy Harvin, Eric Decker & Amari Cooper. Even with Geno as a whatever QB those are some pretty decent options. After that we go after our secondary, O-line & our running game. We might even go after a QB next year. I'm still not a fan of Izdik but after Rex is gone finally we can focus on the offense.

...and then our defense will suck.

Rex is covering our defense and U.O.E.N.O.
Bill Pidto
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,530

Post#27 » by Bill Pidto » Sat Oct 18, 2014 2:11 am

What does this do for Russell Wilson's fantasy value? That's all I care about.
LifeLongKNICK
Veteran
And1: 651

Post#28 » by LifeLongKNICK » Sat Oct 18, 2014 2:17 am

CoolKids wrote:Great move.

Geno is going to be much better now. I can promise you that.

seriously? no wr can help if the ball cant get there while they're running their route.

percy is 2 fragile to run back punts/kickoffs.

this trade makes no sense unless it was a character/personality issue harvin had with seattle management/teammates.
ibraheim718
Knicks Forum Point God
And1: 14,464

Post#29 » by ibraheim718 » Sat Oct 18, 2014 2:23 am

No the bigger picture is Marty Morningwheg sucks. Trust me I'm an Eagles fan.. he sucks.
SaveUsKP6
Sixth Man
And1: 550

Post#30 » by SaveUsKP6 » Sat Oct 18, 2014 2:26 am

Juggynaut wrote:Y didn't the Jets get Desean Jackson instead? Wouldn't have cost a pick, cheaper contract, and better player.

Wrong. Desean Jackson got a huge deal. We can cut Harvin after one year and owe him no money. Contract wise, Percy is the WAY more cap-friendly player.

What's throwing me for a loop is people calling this a desperation move. How in god's name is this a desperation move? You're a rebuilding team that had a chance to acquire a unique talent that's 26 years old and is under contract for the next three years if you want him. He just so happens to play in a position of need. How does bringing that guy on board wreak of desperation?

Better yet, how in the hell is it even considered a bad move... let alone a move that makes people say they want the GM fired? People wonder why the Jets fan base has the reputation they have. This is why.
nykballa2k4
RealGM
And1: 5,901

Post#31 » by nykballa2k4 » Sat Oct 18, 2014 2:44 am

poeman wrote:About 6 games too late...

By the way, love this tweet

If that tweet was made by an older white guy it would have been that much funnier. (please don't ban me, green font implied)

Jets are redic. It's like the GM saw that he was about to be blamed over Rex and had to make an addition that would not ruin his chances of firing his coach. Jets need line men on both sides, some help in the back field defensively and a WR would be nice. They got the WR, but Geno won't have time to get him the ball. Cart before the Horse.
Numbers don't lie, people who use them do
Stand up to all hate
Stand up to Jewish hate
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,129

Post#32 » by moocow007 » Sat Oct 18, 2014 3:49 am

Anger issues that can single handedly bring down a whole team? Maybe this trade is part of Idziks Marcus Marriota plan?

:eyebrows:
Knicksfan1992
RealGM
And1: 13,707

Post#33 » by Knicksfan1992 » Sat Oct 18, 2014 4:06 am

LifeLongKNICK wrote:

seriously? no wr can help if the ball cant get there while they're running their route.

this trade makes no sense unless it was a character/personality issue harvin had with seattle management/teammates.

Classic Geno hater. I don't think people fully understand who Geno has actually had to throw the ball to the past two years.... David Nelson was almost out of the league and he was the Jets #2. Kerley is a mediocre slot guy at best. And when he's had Decker he has played well. Geno has to be up there in the dropped passes category over the past 2 years. It's frightening how many drops the Jet receivers house.

And Greenie you're totally right. Rex is coaching his azz off this year. The fact that the Jets are even close to winning these games is an accomplishment in itself. The way he is hiding those corners and disguising blitzes this year is ridiculous. It's a shame he's going to lose his job it's not his fault, they just didn't have the talent they thought they had. Investing in CJ2K and thinking that was enough was a horrible mistake. One thing I will hold Rex accountable for was the drafting of Pryor in the first round. Could have had Kelvin Benjamin, Brandin Cooks or the corner the Chargers got... That was terrible mismanagement of the draft and that falls on both the HC and GM.
CU_NY09
Bench Warmer
And1: 84

Post#34 » by CU_NY09 » Sat Oct 18, 2014 5:18 am

Look at Seattle leaking negative info to the media about Percy…
N8isScofield
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,498

Post#35 » by N8isScofield » Sat Oct 18, 2014 5:22 am

Knicksfan1992 wrote:
LifeLongKNICK wrote:

Classic Geno hater. I don't think people fully understand who Geno has actually had to throw the ball to the past two years.... David Nelson was almost out of the league and he was the Jets #2. Kerley is a mediocre slot guy at best. And when he's had Decker he has played well. Geno has to be up there in the dropped passes category over the past 2 years. It's frightening how many drops the Jet receivers house.

And Greenie you're totally right. Rex is coaching his azz off this year. The fact that the Jets are even close to winning these games is an accomplishment in itself. The way he is hiding those corners and disguising blitzes this year is ridiculous. It's a shame he's going to lose his job it's not his fault, they just didn't have the talent they thought they had. Investing in CJ2K and thinking that was enough was a horrible mistake. One thing I will hold Rex accountable for was the drafting of Pryor in the first round. Could have had Kelvin Benjamin, Brandin Cooks or the corner the Chargers got... That was terrible mismanagement of the draft and that falls on both the HC and GM.

Exactly. Half of the jackasses who criticize him don't even actually watch him play. They just regurgitate whatever they read or hear in the media. The kid was supposed to be holding a clipboard for most, if not all of last season. Instead he was forced into the starting role despite not being ready due to organizational incompetence. As if that weren't bad enough, he had the WORST receiving core in football last year. Now yes, he's had some turnover issues this season but at least 2 of our losses are on the defense and Marty's god awful play calling. We should have won in Green Bay and we should have beaten the Patriots last night. Neither of those losses is on Geno. If we'd had Harvin all season or even a couple of weeks earlier we're probably .500 at worst. Instead our idiot GM waited until the ship was beyond saving to try and patch the holes. None of those things are Geno's fault. I'm not saying he's an Elite QB or that he'll ever be one but when a franchise hasn't developed anything remotely looking like a legitimate Super Bowl caliber QB over the course of 40 years I have to give the players the benefit of the doubt until they've proven to be awful.
N8isScofield
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,498

Post#36 » by N8isScofield » Sat Oct 18, 2014 5:27 am

greenhughes wrote:

...and then our defense will suck.

Rex is covering our defense and U.O.E.N.O.

If Rex is fired, he'll be unemployed for all of 5 minutes and I almost guarantee he'll win someone a Superbowl as a DC. The guy may not be the best head coach but he's never actually had a defense that didn't have some glaring hole (here, obviously they were usually stacked in Baltimore) and in spite of that he's consistently produced top 10 units. The man is a genius defensively and if he had an actual GM instead of the morons he's had to work with to help him in the areas he's not as good in (like all successful coaches have) he'd be doing a lot better. Things will only get worse without Rex. It's not like Cowher or Gruden are walking through that door. Nobody wants to work a couple of clowns like Woody and Izdik.
Dr. Detfink
RealGM
And1: 4,552

Post#37 » by Dr. Detfink » Sat Oct 18, 2014 7:52 am

The history of injuries is disconcerting but the Jets front office want to make sure if they fire Rex then they are protected from blame.
GYK
General Manager
And1: 2,627

Post#38 » by GYK » Sat Oct 18, 2014 11:22 am

I don't think this is a game changer for the Jets. Harvin is averaging 26 yards per game. His big play ability is amazing but as a cog for a team that keeps games close and scoring low.
I still hope they get Winston. Rex and a franchise passer is what the team needs.
GYK
General Manager
And1: 2,627

Post#39 » by GYK » Sat Oct 18, 2014 11:24 am

I don't think this is a game changer for the Jets. Harvin is averaging 26 yards per game. His big play ability is amazing but as a cog for a team that keeps games close and scoring low.
I still hope they get Winston. Rex and a franchise passer is what the team needs.
rammagen
Head Coach
And1: 778

Post#40 » by rammagen » Sat Oct 18, 2014 1:52 pm

Knicksfan1992 wrote:
LifeLongKNICK wrote:

You want to be scared those receivers were better then the receivers Mark had his last yr......
Quote from ESPN’s Bill Simmons posted on Twitter “28 FT’s to 5. I don’t watch rigged NBA games, I’m switching to hockey”

Return to New York Jets