ImageImageImageImageImage

Randal Gay visiting the Jets

Moderator: Rich Rane

Prue
Senior
And1: 10

Randal Gay visiting the Jets 

Post#1 » by Prue » Wed Apr 11, 2007 12:47 pm

He scheduled a visit but you guys would have to give up your second round pick (59th I think) to sign him being a mid tendered restricted free agent. He's 2 years removed from being a starter on a super bowl caliber club, but has had hamstring problems over the last 2 years. He would be familiar with Mangini's system. What do you think... would you give up that pick for him?
OneCent
Freshman
And1: 0

Post#2 » by OneCent » Wed Apr 11, 2007 1:40 pm

In a draft full of decent corner prospects, I'd rather take my chance on one of them than give up a second round pick for someone that doesn't even start for NE on a regular basis. He's not bad, but I don't think he'd be any better than our other options.

I'm hoping Mangini has seen improvement in Justin Miller and we don't even need to address the CB position at all in the draft. Our safeties are great, so if Miller would be a good boy and develop into a #1 like he's supposed to, we'd have a complete secondary.
treiz
RealGM
And1: 564

Post#3 » by treiz » Wed Apr 11, 2007 3:14 pm

I agree with what you said except for the draft bit, I think that we should draft a CB in the draft because I'm not fully sold on Dyson just yet, and we'll need at least 2 CBs, imagine if Miller, and whoever we draft (preferably Revis or Hall, but would love to get Houston or Ross) become the next big CB tandem, we'll have such a great defensive future to build with Rhodes and Vilma, and we all know the D-Line can make the secondary better, but that also goes the other way around.
SirSpeez
Freshman
And1: 3

Post#4 » by SirSpeez » Wed Apr 11, 2007 4:56 pm

Gay and the OT from the Bengals both left town without getting an offer sheet...there may be a chance they are doing homework for next year when they are both unrestricted FA's

I like the idea f getting the tackle he is young and big, the Pats can keep Gay as far as i am concerned although i am sure Mangini has n affinity for him since he was his coach
“I want to throw down your kid and stomp on his testicles, and then you will know
what it is like to experience waking up everyday as me. Only then will you
feel my pain.”

Return to New York Jets