TP just maybe our QB of the future

Moderator: HMFFL

Neddy
RealGM
And1: 3,908

TP just maybe our QB of the future 

Post#1 » by Neddy » Sun Sep 8, 2013 7:12 pm

i am so impressed with his composure and talent so far in this game. i expected a complete blow out and even hesitated to renew my NFL sunday ticket on directv. right now, pryor just threw a TD to end the 3rd quarter. even though it looks like that TD might just get erased upon review, i am glad i decided to pay to watch this season. he is one exciting player to watch and love, LOVE his enthusiasm. i would be perfectly content if we win only 4 games this year as long as we play competitively every time and knowing that now we have a clean bill of salary cap health and a QB we can build around.
ehhhhh f it.
BayAreaMadSkill
Junior
And1: 31

Re: TP just maybe our QB of the future 

Post#2 » by BayAreaMadSkill » Wed Sep 11, 2013 6:07 pm

Terrelle Pryor was basically the only reason we were in this game. Sure, the defense played pretty damn good in the 2nd and 3rd quarters, but Pryor was just carrying us offensively.

He made some big mistakes, including taking that late sack, but I'll cut him some slack since its only his 2nd or 3rd start. That early pick was frustrating too, and he also missed Reece on a simple past.

Still; He gives us hope. That's something we haven't had in a while. Hell, he's 2nd in the league in rushing yards! :D
Quake Griffin
RealGM
And1: 4,640

Post#3 » by Quake Griffin » Tue Sep 17, 2013 1:44 am

this is what i expected from the kid to begin with.

glad to have him aboard. Hopefully this staff is the right staff for this team and he can have some continuity moving forward (or we can hire David Shaw if we fire Allen).

RIP Ty Branch's fibula.
smfh.
we're not the team that can afford injuries like these....truly sucks.
“I’ve always felt that drafting is the life blood of any organization.” - Jerome Alan West.
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#4 » by Quake Griffin » Wed Sep 18, 2013 5:25 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55wr3d7 ... dded#at=70

couldn't embed.
so i'll just leave the link here and hope a mod can edit and embed for me.
“I’ve always felt that drafting is the life blood of any organization.” - Jerome Alan West.
Neddy
RealGM

Post#5 » by Neddy » Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:09 pm

wow i knew we would eventually hit a home run with our running game but never thought it would be prior who would open a game with a 90 yard run for a TD!!!
ehhhhh f it.
GoRapstheoriginal
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,760

Post#6 » by GoRapstheoriginal » Sun Oct 27, 2013 9:51 pm

Raiders looking awesome today in all facets of the game!!!!

GGGGOOO RRRAAAIIIDDDEERRRSSS GGGOOO!!! WWWOOOOHHOOO!!!!1 :P! :)! :D!
Neddy
RealGM

Post#7 » by Neddy » Sun Nov 17, 2013 8:11 pm

i think Matt McGloin has just made a case for a QB controversy in Oakland. i am impressed with his accuracy and anticipation, he doesn't look like a rookie at all.
ehhhhh f it.
GoRapstheoriginal
Lead Assistant

Post#8 » by GoRapstheoriginal » Sun Nov 17, 2013 9:40 pm

Neddy wrote:i think Matt McGloin has just made a case for a QB controversy in Oakland. i am impressed with his accuracy and anticipation, he doesn't look like a rookie at all.

Ditto/I concur. Just glad we won today! Hope we can win next week as well! GO RAIDERS GO!!!11 :P! :)! :D!

Cheers!
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#9 » by Quake Griffin » Mon Nov 18, 2013 12:44 am

was not able to watch today.

each win means our draft choice will be cheaper.
feels alright.
just gotta bulk up the talent and the depth....we don't need to be at the top of the draft unless there's an Andrew Luck coming out
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 50,209

Post#10 » by bondom34 » Mon Nov 18, 2013 1:04 am

Neddy wrote:i think Matt McGloin has just made a case for a QB controversy in Oakland. i am impressed with his accuracy and anticipation, he doesn't look like a rookie at all.

As a Penn State fan, he never really got a fair shake there til O'Brien came in and then he lit it up. I actally think he's got some untapped potential and though I'm a lifelong Giants fan, have become a Raiders fan for McG this year. I really hope he succeeds with you guys!
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
GoRapstheoriginal
Lead Assistant

Post#11 » by GoRapstheoriginal » Sun Nov 24, 2013 7:31 am

Well another chance for Matt McGloin, hopefully the Raiders can beat the Titans!
I hope the D# plays well again & the O-line gives Matt time 2 throw the ball! Keep up the run game as well!
GO RAIDERS GO!!!!!111 :P! :)! :D! Cheers!
ILOVEIT
RealGM
And1: 3,408

Post#12 » by ILOVEIT » Mon Nov 25, 2013 6:59 pm

MG > TP as a QB :)

I fell in love with TP too folks. But anyone else notice how suddenly....with MG at QB....recievers were open? Wtih TP it seemed like every one was always covered....he ran around (with some good results of course) but often looked like he had NOONE to throw too.

So to me the differnce is one QB can read and throw quickly....read through progressions and made VERY accurate throws. TP does see the field clearly....does't throw to open spots because of this.

It's like NBA point guards who see the play BEFORE it's there....

I think Cap from the Niners is having the same issue. Super talented...but is not seeing the opporutnities in time so every one looks covered....
2021/22 - The return of the Ring.
Neddy
RealGM

Post#13 » by Neddy » Thu Nov 28, 2013 6:38 am

it's good to have a QB controversy because we have two good players, it has been a really long time since we had a positive QB controversy.

i think everyone is making good points, that Matt is surely the better traditional QB with still untapped potential.
TP has unbelievable abilities and IF he ever gets his QB fundamentals down, he could be a HOFer. but will he ever get there?

it seems to me that our FO needs to make a choice to make this off season and the other could be a very good trade bait.
ehhhhh f it.
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#14 » by Quake Griffin » Mon Dec 16, 2013 6:16 am

are we tanking?
is dennis gonna lose his job?

we haven't played a lick of defense in a while
GoRapstheoriginal
Lead Assistant

Post#15 » by GoRapstheoriginal » Mon Dec 16, 2013 7:53 pm

Quake Griffin wrote:are we tanking?
is dennis gonna lose his job?

we haven't played a lick of defense in a while

Ya I know bro, it is SO frustrating being a Raiders fan, year in & year out. Ugh.

I just keep hoping for a better future I guess...Sigh.

We still need to improve on all 3 sides of the ball(Offence, D# & Special Teams). It is quite sad.

I got nothing else to say.....Cheers! :P! :)! :D! :\ :(
Neddy
RealGM

Post#16 » by Neddy » Wed Dec 18, 2013 6:13 am

you know what's funny? in terms of total stats and yards given up or gained, we are 15th in the league in terms of offense and 15th overall in terms of total stats in defense. we are average in both ends, but when it comes to scoring, we are 26th overall in offense and 28th overall in defense. we are playing better than before overall, yet we give up scoring and can't score when it comes to what matters most. i think we are in the middle of transition, and we will get better, but the problem isn't necessarily offense, but defense that can't stop anyone from scoring.

we need a new HC, Dennis Allen will be fired, and we will gain some other new coaches, but at the end of the day, the players have to perform and we are still poor overall in terms of talent. the next season's cap space will cure most of our problems more then what any coach can do.
ehhhhh f it.
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#17 » by Quake Griffin » Wed Dec 18, 2013 7:20 am

the Clippers haven't kept me this long waiting for the playoffs.

Reggie....i love u but I'm starving brah.
we need 2 more drafts like last season and a couple good signees.
Allen seems like h's gone but he did get some good coaches to for with him. Where will we find that with our next coach?

and...

is this QB situation what we need or do we need to be looking for the next Andrew Luck?
a trade for Kirk Cousins?
let pryor and mgloin compete?
Neddy
RealGM

Post#18 » by Neddy » Tue Dec 24, 2013 8:49 pm

now DA will start TP at QB for the last game of this season. so... is this move because TP still hasn't shown his untapped potential and we want to evaluate? has Matt McGloin revealed everything Dennis Allen has to know in a short rookie season? or TP gives us the best chance to win and all those games until now MM started over TP was an experiment? or we are tanking for a draft position?

i am so confused by all this. Jon Gruden now.
ehhhhh f it.
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#19 » by Quake Griffin » Tue Dec 24, 2013 9:32 pm

Neddy wrote:now DA will start TP at QB for the last game of this season. so... is this move because TP still hasn't shown his untapped potential and we want to evaluate? has Matt McGloin revealed everything Dennis Allen has to know in a short rookie season? or TP gives us the best chance to win and all those games until now MM started over TP was an experiment? or we are tanking for a draft position?

i am so confused by all this. Jon Gruden now.

u want Gruden back?
Neddy
RealGM

Post#20 » by Neddy » Wed Dec 25, 2013 9:17 pm

nostalgia. i have lost all faith in DA and RM. I had such a huge hope for Reggie, but so far he has bombed in just about everything except un-drafted players he brought in and creating cap room for next season.
ehhhhh f it.

Return to Las Vegas Raiders