Moderator: HMFFL

GoRapstheoriginal
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,760

Re: Raiders fired Dennis Allen 

Post#1 » by GoRapstheoriginal » Tue Sep 30, 2014 3:48 am

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11615 ... nd-raiders

Discuss.

Personally, I am just trying to get through this season....It is gonna be a long one.

I am approaching apathy though, to be quite honest, I will root & cheer my Raiders on but it is just totally
frustrating to watch!
GoRapstheoriginal
Lead Assistant

Post#2 » by GoRapstheoriginal » Tue Sep 30, 2014 5:37 am

Quake Griffin
RealGM
And1: 4,640

Post#3 » by Quake Griffin » Tue Sep 30, 2014 1:18 pm

everybody wants Reggie to go as well.

I do not. Oddly enough, I think he's going to build us a solid team from the ground up.
he does need to pick a good coach this time around.

Harbaugh?
“I’ve always felt that drafting is the life blood of any organization.” - Jerome Alan West.
GoRapstheoriginal
Lead Assistant

Post#4 » by GoRapstheoriginal » Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:39 pm

Neddy
RealGM
And1: 3,908

Post#5 » by Neddy » Thu Oct 2, 2014 12:30 am

I think Reggie has done a great job overall. yes he did not go out and sign some big names to get this ship turned around quickly, but to expect such a turn around to me was pretty improbable to begin with.

Reggie did

#1. clean the house of all the Al Davis Scholarship recipients, players who were grossly overpaid and miserably underperformed, like Tommy Kelly and the rest of the gang.

#2. did mess up the draft last year with his first and second rounder trying to hit a home run and instead ended up with projects, and totally wasted the fourth on a quarterback with two digit IQ, but did pretty well this year with possible HR in Mack and Carr, and a bunch of late picks whom are already contributing. i think in the long run reggie will prove to be an above average talent evaluator and do well.

#3. avoided signing players who were high risk, high reward types to save the cap space, and went with low risk, maybe a high reward type vets and did not waste long term deals with mega money either. one can argue that some of the vets are overpaid for the market value, but what this team at this point needs are head strong vets like Smith and Tuck who can lead men in times of crisis. we are definitely in a season full of crisis here.

#4. preserved all of our picks in foreseeable future while sucking so we can have all of our picks that will be #1 overall or very close to it. we are gonna add some high quality young and cheap talent in the next year or two in a hurry.

I say Reggie has done better job overall than Ned Colletti has done in his GM career with the dodgers.
ehhhhh f it.
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 8,009

Post#6 » by HMFFL » Fri Oct 10, 2014 3:14 pm

Yes, the season is going to be very long, but we can make the best of it.
Before week one we happened to be predicted to have the first overall draft pick during the upcoming draft. That appears to be on track.

I agree with the firing, but we need stability in our coaching staff, and we won't be successful until we have that foundation set.

Return to Las Vegas Raiders