Jim Caldwell's open door policy to college coaches inspired by late great Al Davis

Moderator: HMFFL

FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,007

Jim Caldwell's open door policy to college coaches inspired by late great Al Davis 

Post#1 » by FNQ » Sat Jun 6, 2015 8:43 pm

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... t-forward/

“Some pro teams wouldn’t let you in. One team that I had heard would let me in was the Oakland Raiders,” Caldwell said this week. “Coach Davis let me come in, and he spent three days with me. He walked around with me personally. He took time with me, walked me around at practice. He never left my side at practice. We’d walk over there with drill work, go through it, and at night time he’d come back in at night and he and I would watch film from 10 o’clock at night until the wee hours of the morning. Three days in a row, and this was a guy who was running the whole operation.”

Al lived and breathed football, which made the Raiders great then lousy. But can't question how much he loved the game.
benchmobbin02
Veteran
And1: 364

Re: Jim Caldwell's open door policy to college coaches inspired by late great Al Davis 

Post#2 » by benchmobbin02 » Wed Jun 10, 2015 8:08 am

I read this too. I like the idea and I know that Al was a big time supporter of anyone that sought out knowledge and called him Coach (haha). I think in the NFL today you have to be wary of guys just coming in to get a look at your system. Maybe even be spies for other teams. If its is totally open door that could be an issue. Too many coaches are connected and able to distribute info more easily.
MAKE IT MAKE SENSE!

Return to Las Vegas Raiders