Jon Gruden, Reggie McKenzie likely heading for a split before 2019 NFL Draft

Moderator: HMFFL

HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 8,142

Jon Gruden, Reggie McKenzie likely heading for a split before 2019 NFL Draft 

Post#1 » by HMFFL » Sun Sep 16, 2018 5:29 pm

Yes, it's still early, and the Raiders have only played one game under this management group, but the dynamics between the two have not been great and Gruden's actions and comments alone point to significant change in the offseason. The Raiders' recent drafts have produced few players and Gruden's staff has already cut a host of former top picks. The franchise is under intense scrutiny for the way the Khalil Mack holdout and subsequent trade was handled, and facing a potential rebuilding year despite the oldest roster in the NFL, it's clear already the Raiders will be doing more extreme personnel shuffling in the years to come.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/raiders-jon-gruden-reggie-mckenzie-likely-heading-for-a-split-before-2019-nfl-draft/

Sent from my SM-N920P using RealGM mobile app
Quake Griffin
RealGM
And1: 4,644

Re: Jon Gruden, Reggie McKenzie likely heading for a split before 2019 NFL Draft 

Post#2 » by Quake Griffin » Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:12 am

THis is fake news.

People across the league think it will happen.

ZZZZzz
“I’ve always felt that drafting is the life blood of any organization.” - Jerome Alan West.
Neddy
RealGM
And1: 3,908

Re: Jon Gruden, Reggie McKenzie likely heading for a split before 2019 NFL Draft 

Post#3 » by Neddy » Sun Sep 23, 2018 8:02 pm

I would say it was fake news unless I saw something fishy, and unfortunately this one smells like it sleeps with fish(es).

anyone else remember during press conference when Jon was Asked "why trading picks and not just get 2 firsts straight?" he replied "yeah I am not sure about that either, you will have to ask REGGIE ABOUT THAT ONE"

this one will end ugly. I will nearly, nearly miss Reggie. Chucky better win one before he leaves another team in dismay. as long as he wins one all will be forgiven.
ehhhhh f it.
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#4 » by Quake Griffin » Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:59 pm

Same interview he said "they" (the media) are "trying to divide us".

Can't pick and choose which quotes you like the best.
“I’ve always felt that drafting is the life blood of any organization.” - Jerome Alan West.
Neddy
RealGM

Post#5 » by Neddy » Tue Oct 2, 2018 5:19 am

from judging by the actions, I would say their break up is fairly easy to predict. Reggie is flat out the better talent evaluator. but Gruden is one of the better offensive minded coaches. which is more needed for this franchise? Reggie has already selected major corner stones, including a franchise QB and a once in a generation DE. well. Gruden thought he was smart to sell off the best player on the roster, for 2 draft picks. let's see if Reggie lasts long enough to make some picks, because I do not trust Gruden's peeps to make as good of selections as Reggie in the draft, period.

guess what I am saying is, that yes the break up is inevitable, but I wish for it to be postponed for for 2 more years, basically. but who really knows, Reggie can pick em, then Gruden can sit em.
ehhhhh f it.
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#6 » by Quake Griffin » Tue Oct 2, 2018 12:32 pm

What actions?

Looks like Reggie picked players for Dennis Allen and Del Rio and Gruden needs players for Gruden/Guenther.
Outside of Mack, it's not that crazy to see Gruden cut and move on from some of Reggie's picks.

I don't see anything clear that is a problem....a vague quote here or there without quoting the entire press conference....vague notions of what we think we can tell is going on and what looks obvious....but nothing clear and substantiated.

My view of the team is quite different than what looks or appears to be obvious to the mainstream media and other people who can't wait for this season and the Gruden experiment to be a dumpster fire.
Neddy
RealGM

Post#8 » by Neddy » Mon Dec 24, 2018 2:35 am

Jon Gruden is now the new King of Nepotism in pro sports.

fired his conditioning coach after less than a year after highly speaking of coach Shaw, he too follows Reggie out the door once Jon got his son Deuce as Shaw's assistant. I expect Deuce to simply take over the duties without any ceremonies, perhaps a small footnote of announcement on the team's yearbook.
ehhhhh f it.

Return to Las Vegas Raiders