Deshaun Watson Request To Be Traded (Pursue?)

Moderator: HMFFL

HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 8,012

Deshaun Watson Request To Be Traded (Pursue?) 

Post#1 » by HMFFL » Fri Jan 29, 2021 12:36 am

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport said Deshaun Watson requested a trade before the team hired David Culley as their head coach. 

Rapoport said Watson's trade request came last week, though it became public on Wednesday via a tweet from ESPN's Adam Schefter. Watson's relationship with the organization was irreparably damaged when he was not consulted on the hiring of new general manager Nick Caserio. He reportedly found out about the hire the same way we did: on Twitter. Watson, 25, is now in control of where he'll play in 2021, with Robert Saleh's Jets emerging as the front runner. If the Texans play hardball with Watson, they can fine him $95,877 for missing minicamp and $50,000 for each day of training camp he misses. Probably it won't come to that. 

Dominate Daily: Check out the lineup optimizer, salary tracker and projections with our exclusive DFS Tools, which you can get by purchasing the EDGE⁺ Max premium package.

RELATED: 

New York Jets

SOURCE: Ian Rapoport on Twitter

Jan 28, 2021, 1:38 PM ET

Sent from my SM-N975U using RealGM mobile app
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod

Re: Deshaun Watson Request To Be Traded 

Post#2 » by HMFFL » Fri Jan 29, 2021 12:36 am

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports Deshaun Watson has requested to be traded from the Texans.

It's been long reported that Watson wants out of Houston, but this is the first time his request has been considered "official." Schefter adds that Watson actually hasn’t spoken to new Texans general manager Nick Caserio nor executive Jack Easterby since the former's decision has already been made. With a no-trade clause baked into his deal, the 25-year-old will ultimately choose his own suitor on the market. One after another, Houston's dumbfounding decisions and cronyism in the front office transparently highlight an organization that has no direction or intention of winning in either the near future or long-term, resulting in this decision. Whomever lands Watson will merely take on a team-friendly $10.54 million cap hit in 2021 and have its franchise cornerstone locked up under center through the 2025 season.

Dominate Daily: Check out the lineup optimizer, salary tracker and projections with our exclusive DFS Tools, which you can get by purchasing the EDGE⁺ Max premium package.

RELATED: 

New York Jets

, Miami Dolphins

SOURCE: Adam Schefter on Twitter

Jan 28, 2021, 9:56 AM ET

Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,043

Re: Deshaun Watson Request To Be Traded (Pursue?) 

Post#3 » by Mr B » Fri Jan 29, 2021 5:17 pm

The Panthers have said they are all in on a trade for Deshaun Watson. It will likely cost them CMC and draft picks.

Personally I think the best destination for Watson is San Fran.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
GoRapstheoriginal
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,762

Post#4 » by GoRapstheoriginal » Sat Jan 30, 2021 3:23 am

Yeah 49ers or Have him switch places with Stafford in Detroit?
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#5 » by HMFFL » Mon Feb 1, 2021 5:25 pm

The Houston Chronicle's John McClain reported the Texans would want two first round draft picks, two second rounders, and two defensive starters in exchange for Deshaun Watson. 

McClain's oddly specific trade scenario is hardly a guarantee that the wretched Houston defense would improve in 2021, especially if they part ways with J.J. Watt this offseason. McClain, a longtime Houston beat reporter, said the Texans should start with the Jets, who are reportedly at the top of Watson's trade wish list. The Athletic's Joseph Person, meanwhile, said league insiders expect Houston to demand three first round picks for Watson. Probably it depends on the caliber of defensive player in question, but Person's scenario would seem to be more realistic with demand for Watson, 25, as high as any player in recent NFL history. 

RELATED: 

J.J. Watt

SOURCE: John McClain

Jan 31, 2021, 11:25 AM ET

www.rotoworld.com

HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#6 » by HMFFL » Mon Feb 1, 2021 5:26 pm

Carolina offered Detroit their 8th overall pick for Stafford. I'd assume they offer it and much more for Watson.

Return to Las Vegas Raiders