LV Raiders Off-Season Discussion (Free Agency, Draft, Etc)

Moderator: HMFFL

HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 8,012

LV Raiders Off-Season Discussion (Free Agency, Draft, Etc) 

Post#1 » by HMFFL » Sun Jan 30, 2022 7:25 pm

Let's discuss the off season here.

Sent from my SM-N975U using RealGM mobile app
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod

Re: LV Raiders Off-Season Discussion (Free Agency, Draft, Etc) 

Post#2 » by HMFFL » Sun Jan 30, 2022 7:26 pm

The Las Vegas Raiders have stolen the NFL playoff spotlight by announcing their new head coach and general manager on Championship Sunday.

In a move that seems true to the Raider way, the Las Vegas Raiders decided to make things official with their hirings just hours before the NFL’s Championship Sunday got underway, and recreating the New England Patriots in Las Vegas is what owner Mark Davis has chosen.

Josh McDaniels will take over as head coach with Dave Ziegler coming on board to replace Mike Mayock as general manager.

https://justblogbaby.com/2022/01/30/raiders-complete-new-england-takeover-new-hires/?a_aid=41963

HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#3 » by HMFFL » Sun Jan 30, 2022 7:35 pm

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports the Raiders are expected to hire Patriots OC Josh McDaniels for their head-coaching vacancy.

Schefter noted that the two sides are finalizing a contract but the deal has been all but done for some time now. Once Davie Ziegler, the Patriots' director of player personnel, was inked as the Raiders' next GM, McDaniels was sure to follow. McDaniels was reportedly a big supporter of Ziegler when Nick Caserio left New England and opened the de facto GM role. The two were seemingly a package deal for the Raiders, who made Ziegler their first GM interview while McDaniels was strongly rumored to be their top coaching option. McDaniels flopped as the head coach of the Broncos, going 11-17 from 2009 to the middle of the 2010 season. Though he seemed in over his head then, McDaniels has had a decade to learn at the altar of Bill Belichick. After getting back into the playoffs with a rookie quarterback at the helm, McDaniels was bound to get a second crack at leading a team. 

RELATED: 

New England Patriots

SOURCE: Ian Rapoport on Twitter

Jan 30, 2022, 1:55 PM ET

HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#4 » by HMFFL » Sun Jan 30, 2022 7:35 pm

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports the Raiders are expected to hire Patriots' director of player personnel Dave Ziegler for their general manager vacancy.

It's clear that the Raiders had their mind made up as soon as they decided to move on from Mike Mayock. Ziegler was the first person to get an interview for the role and the connection grew even stronger once the team was linked to Pats OC Josh McDaniels. Rapoport noted that Ziegler's role was key in the Pats' quick turnaround from losing Tom Brady to returning to the playoffs with Mac Jones. Ziegler was promoted to director of player personnel after Nick Caserio vacated the role last year. McDaniels should be the next domino to fall for the Raiders.

RELATED: 

Josh McDaniels

, New England Patriots

SOURCE: Ian Rapoport on Twitter

Jan 30, 2022, 1:25 PM ET

GoRapstheoriginal
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,762

Post#5 » by GoRapstheoriginal » Mon Jan 31, 2022 12:34 am

So what is your feelings HMFFL? I am still formulating my opinions & feelings.
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#6 » by HMFFL » Mon Jan 31, 2022 4:14 am

GoRapstheoriginal wrote:So what is your feelings HMFFL? I am still formulating my opinions & feelings.
Today has been a great day.
I feel confident about our coaching staff and front office. We deserve better times.

HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#7 » by HMFFL » Tue Feb 1, 2022 1:48 am

ESPN's Dan Graziano reports the Bills are expected to interview Raiders WRs coach Edgar Bennett for their offensive coordinator vacancy.

Bennett is the second WRs coach to interview for the Buffalo offensive coordinator gig. Baltimore's Tee Martin is the other. Bennet has offensive coordinator experience in his background. He served in that role for Green Bay from 2015 to 2017. Since the team fired him at the end of the 2017 season, he has served as the Raiders' receivers coach. After getting a 1,000-yard season from Hunter Renfrow and plenty of splash plays from Zay Jones, Bennett may have earned another shot as a coordinator. 

RELATED: 

Buffalo Bills

SOURCE: Dan Graziano on Twitter

Jan 31, 2022, 3:53 PM ET

HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#8 » by HMFFL » Sun Feb 6, 2022 1:47 pm

Raiders hired Giants DC Patrick Graham as defensive coordinator. 

The Giants and new coach Brian Daboll were hoping to retain Graham after he made the defense a 2021 bright spot, but they allowed him to pursue other opportunities after firing Joe Judge. Graham drew some head-coaching interest but was passed over, and will instead team up with Josh McDaniels in Vegas. Although Graham is a former Patriots assistant like McDaniels, they did not overlap in New England. It's a huge get for McDaniels after Graham's defense was the only thing even vaguely commendable about the Judge years in New York. Still only 43, Graham will be a future head coach if his Raiders D plays up to the level of his Giants unit. 

RELATED: 

New York Giants

SOURCE: Tom Pelissero on Twitter

Feb 4, 2022, 10:40 PM ET

HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#9 » by HMFFL » Sun Feb 6, 2022 6:39 pm

Josh McDaniels was an excellent hire as head coach, and here is how he can make Raiders QB Derek Carr a Pro Bowl player once again.

After the hiring of new head coach Josh McDaniels by the Raiders, the attention immediately turned to Derek Carr. As an offense-first coach McDaniels number one priority will be to make Carr comfortable. Here is how he can do so.

When the Raiders elected to hire former Patriots offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels, they made a commitment to that side of the ball. This was necessary after the dreadful output to end the 2021 season. From week thirteen onward, the Raiders scored over 23 points just one time. The lowest point from that seven-week stretch was a nine-point output against the Kansas City Chiefs.

https://justblogbaby.com/2022/02/06/raiders-josh-mcdaniels-make-derek-carr-pro-bowl/?a_aid=41963

HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#10 » by HMFFL » Sun Feb 13, 2022 9:21 pm

Raiders Move on From Tom Cable & Greg Olson, Hire New OC & OL Coach

https://heavy.com/sports/las-vegas-raiders/mick-lombardi-carme-bricillo-coaching-staff/

HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#11 » by HMFFL » Tue Feb 15, 2022 10:44 pm

Derek Carr contract: Raiders prepared to discuss extension with longtime QB, per report

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/derek-carr-contract-raiders-prepared-to-discuss-extension-with-longtime-qb-per-report/

HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#12 » by HMFFL » Tue Feb 15, 2022 11:02 pm

Vincent Bonsignore of the Las Vegas Review-Journal reports that any extension for Raiders QB Derek Carr "would likely be in the $40m per season range."

"The sense is that no proposals have been exchanged yet on an extension," Bonsignore also says. When you factor in the salary cap going up, Carr is essentially asking for a Kirk Cousins deal. It's hard to say that he doesn't deserve it. The Raiders braintrust of Josh McDaniels and Dave Ziegler reportedly love Carr, so this should be something that gets done in the next month or so. 

SOURCE: Vincent Bonsignore on Twitter

Feb 15, 2022, 5:04 PM ET

HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#13 » by HMFFL » Sat Feb 26, 2022 1:11 am

ESPN’s Rob Demovsky expects the Packers to franchise tag Davante Adams.

Tagging Adams would give the Packers until July to work out a long-term deal. The Packers and Adams are in a holding pattern without knowing if they’ll have Aaron Rodgers on their roster. Adams is on his second contract, which is rarely tagged, and Green Bay hasn’t used the franchise tag since 2010. The Packers haven’t been in discussions since the start of last season with Adams, who’s looking to become the league’s highest paid receiver.

SOURCE: ESPN

Feb 25, 2022, 7:32 PM ET

HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#14 » by HMFFL » Fri Mar 11, 2022 10:11 pm

st Blog Baby

[https://images2]

LAS VEGAS, NEVADA - JANUARY 09: Defensive end Maxx Crosby #98 and cornerback Nate Hobbs #39 of the Las Vegas Raiders run on the field as they celebrate Crosby's sack of quarterback Justin Herbert #10 of the Los Angeles Chargers in the third quarter of their game at Allegiant Stadium on January 9, 2022 in Las Vegas, Nevada. The Raiders defeated the Chargers 35-32 in overtime. (Photo by Ethan Miller/Getty Images)

Las Vegas Raiders picked right day to extend DE Maxx Crosby

by Brad Weiss4 minutes agoFollow @BWeiss2330

TWEET

COMMENT

The Las Vegas Raiders have extended star DE Maxx Crosby, and they could not have picked a better day on the calendar to do so.

Since coming into the NFL as a fourth-round draft pick by the then-Oakland Raiders, Maxx Crosby has established himself as one of the premier edge rushers in the league. It is not often that a player goes from being a fourth-round pick to being one of the more feared pass rushers in the game, but that is exactly what Crosby has been able to accomplish.

Not only has Crosby been able to accomplish great success at the NFL level, but he has also been able to accomplish great success in his personal life. On March 11, 2020, Crosby decided to become sober, and two years later, he continues to live a clean lifestyle.

Two years to the date of his greatest accomplishment, Crosby has secured the bag, signing a four-year extension worth nearly $100 million. He is now set for life in terms of his financial status, and for the Raiders, they get someone they can build their future around with a new regime in place for 2022.

https://justblogbaby.com/2022/03/11/raiders-picked-right-day-extend-de-maxx-crosby/?a_aid=41963

HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#15 » by HMFFL » Fri Mar 11, 2022 10:20 pm

Raiders signed DE Maxx Crosby to a four-year, $95 million extension through 2026.

The deal contains $53 million guaranteed, and his $23.75 million annual average makes Crosby the league’s fourth-highest paid edge rusher. Crosby was set to enter the final year of his rookie deal. The former fourth-round pick was one of ex-GM Mike Mayock’a rare hits. He hasn’t missed a game since turning pro and has 25 sacks in three seasons. Crosby was just named to his first Pro Bowl team last season and has been one of the lone bright spots on Vegas’ defense.

SOURCE: Tom Pelissero on Twitter

Mar 11, 2022, 4:31 PM ET

GoRapstheoriginal
Lead Assistant

Post#16 » by GoRapstheoriginal » Sat Mar 12, 2022 1:24 am

This is good news!
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#17 » by HMFFL » Fri Mar 18, 2022 12:20 am

Raiders acquired WR Davante Adams from the Packers in exchange for a first-round pick and second-round pick in the 2022 NFL Draft. 

One of the picks is the Raiders' first-rounder. As part of the deal, franchise-tagged Adams is signing a new five-year, $141.25 million contract, making him the highest-paid wideout in the league.

That is an eye-popping average-annual value of $28.25 million. Long-term talks did not seem to be going particularly well between the Packers and Adams, but no one was really considering the possibility of a trade after Aaron Rodgers decided to return to Green Bay. He is now losing the player he called the best receiver he has ever had. In Adams' wake in Green Bay are Allen Lazard, Randall Cobb and Amari Rodgers. As for Adams' fit in Vegas, it is a massive quarterback downgrade, but Derek Carr and Josh McDaniels are going to understand the assignment:

Get Adams the ball. Carr is also best at the same levels of the field as Adams, though he does not have Rodgers' finesse with getting the ball into tight spaces. Adams remains a clear-cut top-five WR1, but there will be a hit in production. Hunter Renfrow is the biggest fantasy loser, while it's also not great news for Darren Waller's ceiling. For what it's worth, Adams and Carr played together in college at Fresno State. 

SOURCE: Adam Schefter on Twitter

Mar 17, 2022, 7:33 PM ET

GoRapstheoriginal
Lead Assistant

Post#18 » by GoRapstheoriginal » Sat Mar 19, 2022 12:56 am

So far so good!
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#19 » by HMFFL » Mon Apr 25, 2022 11:08 pm

Aaron Nagler of CheeseheadTV reports the Packers are targeting Darren Waller in a trade with the Raiders.

Take this with a gigantic grain of salt, but Nagler has been covering the Packers for a very long time. Waller turns 30 in September and has two years left on his contract, but he's coming off an injury-plagued down season that saw him miss six games en route to a 55-665-2 receiving line where he appeared to take more of a back seat to Hunter Renfrow. The Raiders have now added target-dominator Davante Adams, and the word from Nagler is the Packers and Raiders discussed Waller as part of that Adams trade, but league rules prohibited Waller's inclusion because a franchise-tagged player (Adams) can't be traded for a non-tagged player like Waller. Las Vegas is scheduled to make its first pick in this week's draft at No. 86. Flipping Waller to a starved-for-pass-catchers team like Green Bay in exchange for a high pick would make sense on the surface.

RELATED: 

Green Bay Packers

SOURCE: CheeseheadTV

Apr 25, 2022, 6:49 PM ET

HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#20 » by HMFFL » Sat Apr 30, 2022 10:34 pm

Round 3 • Pick 26 (90) • G Dylan Parham

Round 4 • Pick 17 (122) • RB Zamir White

Round 4 • Pick 21 (126) • DT Neil Farrell

Round 5 • Pick 32 (175) • DT Matthew Butler

Round 7 • Pick 17 (238) • OT Thayer Munford Jr.

Round 7 • Pick 29 (250) • RB Brittain Brown

Return to Las Vegas Raiders