ImageImageImage

Westbrook signs new contract & Preseason.

m23uza1hem36
Starter
And1: 1

Westbrook signs new contract & Preseason. 

Post#1 » by m23uza1hem36 » Fri Aug 8, 2008 8:27 pm

Nice to see the front office get this done quickly and get it out of the way. The terms of the contract were not disclosed.

Our first preseason game is tonight (8/8/08) 7:30 PM ET. @ Steelers.

We're home against the Panthers next week @ 8:00 PM ET. This game will be televised nationally on Fox.
Follow @mouzaihem
m23uza1hem36
Starter

Re: Westbrook signs new contract & Preseason. 

Post#2 » by m23uza1hem36 » Sat Aug 9, 2008 12:37 am

Offense looked really good moving the ball, we had to settle for a field goal our first drive, which was a good one, that's a problem we had last year, hopefully that's fixed.

McNabb look's more mobile in the pocket then he has the past 3-4 years, It's great to see him moving around in the pocket and getting away from pressure, we don't need him sacked 6 times a game.

DeSean Jackson looks excellent, not punt/kick return wise but receiver wise, he's made a couple of nice moves and both McNabb and his backup have gone too him, he's making plays the way he did in college. I hope that's just not because he only went against 1st team defense on one drive.

For some odd reason, Westbrook was scheduled to start but did not, I have not seen him play yet (mid-way second quarter now), I'm guessing he won't play at all this week.

As for our defense, on the first drive they were able to run through our line, even get a few easy passes. I hope defense isn't a problem, especially run defense, that really hurt us the last time we made the playoffs (bad memories of McAllister killing us) and not much has changed on that line. Our linebackers look great, that's not going to be a problem, our secondary should be one of the best in the league, we NEED to have more interceptions, forced fumbles, etc this year or we won't go far in the playoffs (guessing that we're good enough to make it).
Follow @mouzaihem
APerna
Editor

Re: Westbrook signs new contract & Preseason. 

Post#3 » by APerna » Sun Aug 10, 2008 5:01 pm

I'm so glad this contract issue is over, let's focus on making some waves!
+ PF
"If Jack makes that shot, the game is over." - Tommy Heinsohn after Jarrett Jack missed a shot at the buzzer of a 105-105 game between the Celtics and Pacers.

Return to Philadelphia Eagles