ImageImageImage

Curtis Out "A While"

APerna
Editor
And1: 1

Curtis Out "A While" 

Post#1 » by APerna » Thu Aug 21, 2008 1:41 pm

Okay, Curtis is out for "a while" with a sports hernia, the same injury that took Donovan off the field a few seasons ago.

I'm wondering, is this a good thing? Could it force Jackson into the starting lineup right away?
+ PF
"If Jack makes that shot, the game is over." - Tommy Heinsohn after Jarrett Jack missed a shot at the buzzer of a 105-105 game between the Celtics and Pacers.
m23uza1hem36
Starter

Re: Curtis Out "A While" 

Post#2 » by m23uza1hem36 » Thu Aug 21, 2008 5:04 pm

I'm really high on Jackson, I think he can be a great receiver so this really doesn't concern me, what concerns me is how effective he will be when he returns. I don't want to rely on a rookie for a whole season, Reggie Brown don't forget is also hurt and most likely he won't even be 100% come season opener so it's going to be a lot of lifting early in the season for Jackson, Smith, and as usual Westbrook. So in a way, this could be a good thing to give Jackson a really good feel for things, it could also be a bad thing though.
Follow @mouzaihem
APerna
Editor

Post#3 » by APerna » Thu Aug 21, 2008 10:45 pm

I know it's high unlikely, but I really believe we should make a play for Anquan Boldin.

We can't have Desean as our top receiver heading into the season, although I agree that L.J. and Brian will get a lot of attention early with Curtis and possibly Reggie out to start the season.
+ PF
"If Jack makes that shot, the game is over." - Tommy Heinsohn after Jarrett Jack missed a shot at the buzzer of a 105-105 game between the Celtics and Pacers.
conspiritual
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#4 » by conspiritual » Sun Aug 24, 2008 4:45 am

Jackson's highlights vs the Pats
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-MtXkYBrJPU

:party:
m23uza1hem36
Starter

Post#5 » by m23uza1hem36 » Sun Aug 24, 2008 1:47 pm

PacerPerspective, look's like the Cardinal's are going to hold on to Boldin the way the Bengal's did with Johnson.
Follow @mouzaihem
APerna
Editor

Post#6 » by APerna » Tue Aug 26, 2008 4:31 pm

I figured they would, and it was always just a pipe dream.

I read in the News Journal this morning that Curtis hopes to be back in six to eights weeks, which I suppose would put him on the field for somewhere between Week Four and Six.

My earlier comments weren't knocking him, although I think he's a tad overrated.

You can't discount that he was our first 1,000-yard WR since T.O., and just the second-ever under Raid though...
+ PF
IggyTheBEaST
RealGM
And1: 0

Post#7 » by IggyTheBEaST » Fri Sep 12, 2008 11:33 pm

It IS a pipe dream but one that DOES have some merit. Lito is unhappy in Philly and Boldin is unhappy in Arizona. The cards could use a top corner and the birds could use a top receiver. Both players are represented by Drew R. It IS unlikely, but it IS feasible.
===========

ITBs Dream Team:

Iverson/Iggy/Lebron/Amare/Dwight

I <3 Thaddeous

Return to Philadelphia Eagles