Steelers vs. Eagles

Moderator: SD2042

SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 2,414

Steelers vs. Eagles 

Post#1 » by SD2042 » Thu Aug 7, 2008 9:24 pm

The first preseason game of 2008 will be Friday as the Steelers will hit the field against the Phila Eagles at Heinz Field around 7:30 PM EST.
el loco
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 0

Re: Steelers vs. Eagles 

Post#2 » by el loco » Sat Aug 9, 2008 4:13 am

I missed the game, but the highlights should be coming up on nfl live. Batch went down for us in the game:

A sore groin didn't slow Ben Roethlisberger and the Pittsburgh Steelers' first-string offense. Good thing, too, because the Steelers now face uncertainty at the backup quarterback position. That's because Charlie Batch left the game midway through the second quarter with a broken right collarbone in the Steelers' 16-10 victory over the Philadelphia Eagles in the first preseason game for both teams.

Dixon came in to replace Batch and played great 6/9 for 39 yards. Mendenhall rushed well, but so did fast Willie. Sweed caught 3 passes. The offensive line only gave up one sack, which is really good news.

Mendenhall 7 carries for 34 yards
Fast Willie 3 carries for 20 yards

The replacement punter, a guy named Ernster, had 7 punts in the game for an average of 42.0 yards, and pinned it inside of the 20 a couple of times.

Mendenhall had one kickoff return for 28 yards.

The Steelers won 16-10 Reed was 3/3 on field goals with the longest being 50 yards.

I am glad football season is finally kicking off. I can't take much more of the Reds.
el loco
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 0

Post#3 » by el loco » Sat Aug 9, 2008 4:22 am

Hey SD2042, I guess I can't PM you anymore since the board changed, so I will just ask it here.

What do you think about creating a poll each week for the offensive and defensive player/players of the game? Maybe we could also keep a current stat thread going with the teams leaders and vote in an offensive and defensive MVP at the end of the season. IDK just some thoughts to keep things fun around here. Rookie watch?

Does anyone else have some ideas or thoughts?
SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 2,414

Post#4 » by SD2042 » Mon Aug 11, 2008 7:47 am

Those are some good ideas loco. Really smart on your part. What we really need right now are more Steelers fans to come through and start posting here.

Return to Pittsburgh Steelers