ImageImageImageImageImage

Armstead

Moderators: CalamityX12, MHSL82

arich35
General Manager
And1: 820

Re: Armstead 

Post#21 » by arich35 » Thu Feb 6, 2020 5:21 pm

Apparently McKinnon is willing to do anything to play for this team so maybe he will restructure to only make a couple million instead of 6.5M
CrimsonCrew
RealGM
And1: 968

Post#22 » by CrimsonCrew » Thu Feb 6, 2020 5:29 pm

If Armstead is classified as a DE for tag purposes - and I think he will as I'm fairly confident he played over 50% of his snaps outside - he's going to cost $19 million. I think that's out of our price range, even on a one-year deal. We are right up against the cap.
49er4life1979
Pro Prospect
And1: 35

Post#23 » by 49er4life1979 » Thu Feb 6, 2020 8:09 pm

With McKinnon restructuring and may be Jimmy G and Kwon, I can see them fitting Armstead in with the Franchise Tag. I don't see a long term extension for reasons I have already mentioned. Another reason to be leery of giving him a long term deal is his injury history and inconsistency. This was his first season in which he stayed health and made significant contributions. Lets see if he can do it again on the tag.
Bingo_AlphaMan
General Manager
And1: 226

Post#24 » by Bingo_AlphaMan » Thu Feb 6, 2020 8:47 pm

ARIK ARMSTEAD
DL, SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS

Speaking Thursday, 49ers GM John Lynch admitted the franchise tag is a possibility for impending free agent DE Arik Armstead.

"Everything is on the table," Lynch said. "We want to find a way to keep him." Speaking just one day prior, Armstead said he would be amenable to the tag. The 26-year-old would undoubtedly prefer a long-term deal, but the sides are at least going into negotiations with an open mind. The No. 17 overall pick of the 2015 draft, Armstead exploded for a career campaign in 2019, registering a team-high 10 sacks while earning monster marks from Pro Football Focus.
SOURCE: Matt Maiocco on Twitter

Feb 6, 2020, 1:31 PM ET
thesack12
RealGM
And1: 2,253

Post#25 » by thesack12 » Fri Feb 7, 2020 2:03 am

Just spitballin here:

Any chance either team would be interested in an Armstead for Beckham trade?

Judging by Cleveland's desire to interview a handful of 9ers coaches, they sure seem to be enamored with Frisco's model. Odell hasn't exactly fit in swimmingly for the Browns either. WR is a need for SF, and I would love to see what Kyle could do with a legit #1, highly dynamic receiver. We saw what kind of magic he made with Julio Jones.

Armstead's tag # should be pretty close to Beckham's cap # of $14 mil, if not Beckham might actually be cheaper.

Cleveland probably isn't ready to punt on Beckham yet though, considering what they gave up for him. I also am unsure how the 9ers would feel about bringing a personality like Odell into the locker room.

Also, if Beckham is put back on the block I'm sure they would get a lot better offers than Armstead. Player for player trades are rare in the NFL anyways.

Oh well, like I said was just thinking out loud.

Return to San Francisco 49ers