ImageImageImageImageImage

Emmanuel Sanders a 49er

Moderators: MHSL82, CalamityX12

Bald Bull
Veteran
And1: 155

Re: Emmanuel Sanders a 49er 

Post#41 » by Bald Bull » Tue Jan 7, 2020 8:26 pm

wco81 wrote:Sanders so far has had some good games but must be a decoy a lot of the times.

Not sure his production with the 49ers has been enough to warrant a big contract.

I don't know if I'd give him a big contract, but i want to resign him. Considering he had to learn the offense midseason, and played 17 games straight with no rest, i think his production is fine. Even games where he didn't put up huge stats the plays he did make huge plays that kept us alive. We likely don't have the number 1 seed without his clutch plays. He was undeniably better than Sanu, who most people here wanted.
CrimsonCrew
RealGM
And1: 968

Post#42 » by CrimsonCrew » Wed Jan 8, 2020 12:07 am

Bald Bull wrote:
wco81 wrote:Sanders so far has had some good games but must be a decoy a lot of the times.

Not sure his production with the 49ers has been enough to warrant a big contract.

I don't know if I'd give him a big contract, but i want to resign him. Considering he had to learn the offense midseason, and played 17 games straight with no rest, i think his production is fine. Even games where he didn't put up huge stats the plays he did make huge plays that kept us alive. We likely don't have the number 1 seed without his clutch plays. He was undeniably better than Sanu, who most people here wanted.

I don't recall anyone here preferring Sanu to Sanders. Especially for the relative price. Though Pats were paying in part for cap relief.
Dodub
General Manager
And1: 516

Post#43 » by Dodub » Wed Jan 8, 2020 3:33 pm

Sanders has provided a nice spark to the offense and leadership to our WR core. I however wouldn’t give him a big contract, his age is a major factor. We have young guys like Deebo and Hurd on the roster and the ability to add guys through the draft and FA (cheaper).
thesack12
RealGM
And1: 2,253

Post#44 » by thesack12 » Wed Jan 8, 2020 4:13 pm

Dodub wrote:Sanders has provided a nice spark to the offense and leadership to our WR core. I however wouldn’t give him a big contract, his age is a major factor. We have young guys like Deebo and Hurd on the roster and the ability to add guys through the draft and FA (cheaper).

The problem is this year's free agent WR crop is pretty lackluster

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/all/wide-receiver/

If Green gets tagged, Fitz retires, and Cooper resigns with Dallas (all entirely possible if not probable), Sanders would probably be the best guy remaining on that list.
Dodub
General Manager

Post#45 » by Dodub » Thu Jan 9, 2020 3:43 am

thesack12 wrote:
Dodub wrote:Sanders has provided a nice spark to the offense and leadership to our WR core. I however wouldn’t give him a big contract, his age is a major factor. We have young guys like Deebo and Hurd on the roster and the ability to add guys through the draft and FA (cheaper).

If Green gets tagged, Fitz retires, and Cooper resigns with Dallas (all entirely possible if not probable), Sanders would probably be the best guy remaining on that list.

I’m just not convinced that we’ll need him tbh. I’m under the opinion that Deebo will be a 1,200+ yard receiver next season and Hurd will emerge as well.
arich35
General Manager
And1: 821

Post#46 » by arich35 » Thu Jan 9, 2020 4:11 am

I want him back on a 2 year deal. Deebo/Samuel/Hurd is a nice WR core
Bald Bull
Veteran

Post#47 » by Bald Bull » Thu Jan 9, 2020 6:40 am

Dodub wrote:
thesack12 wrote:

I’m just not convinced that we’ll need him tbh. I’m under the opinion that Deebo will be a 1,200+ yard receiver next season and Hurd will emerge as well.

I look forward to Deebo and Hurd as much as anyone, but i think sanders is worth keeping around. Even if Hurd returns and is fully healthy, and he lives up to our hopes. Hurd, Deebo and Sanders is a damn good complimentary set of receivers for Kyle's offense.

I like having a vet in this group, and Sanders seems like a good fit chemistry/personality wise. I want to keep him around another year, put him through the proper offseason study sessions.

I know Kyle's and Scagarillo's offenses are similar, but it's still only one year in an offense that takes time to fully absorb, everyone whose played for Kyle says it really starts to click more in year 2.
thesack12
RealGM
And1: 2,253

Post#48 » by thesack12 » Thu Jan 9, 2020 1:15 pm

Bald Bull wrote:
Dodub wrote:
thesack12 wrote:

I look forward to Deebo and Hurd as much as anyone, but i think sanders is worth keeping around. Even if Hurd returns and is fully healthy, and he lives up to our hopes. Hurd, Deebo and Sanders is a damn good complimentary set of receivers for Kyle's offense.

I like having a vet in this group, and Sanders seems like a good fit chemistry/personality wise. I want to keep him around another year, put him through the proper offseason study sessions.

I know Kyle's and Scagarillo's offenses are similar, but it's still only one year in an offense that takes time to fully absorb, everyone whose played for Kyle says it really starts to click more in year 2.

Yeah, I agree that WR group really needs a vet like Sanders in the room. Deebo/Hurd are nice, but not exactly a proven top duo for a team that looks to be competing for Lombardis for the next couple years.

I also tend to believe that Sanders could be quite a bit better next season as well. Like you mentioned, he would have a much better grasp of the offense thus more chemistry as well. Plus he still isn't all that far removed from a devastating achilles injury, which is one of the worst injuries in all of sports and takes quite awhile to fully recover from.

All that said, as with most things of this nature it comes down to what his price will be. If he can be had for something like 2 years/$15 mil, I think he'll be back.
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,423

Post#49 » by wco81 » Fri Jan 10, 2020 12:00 am

Yeah if the team is in the contention window, they can't rely only on unproven WRs. They're going to be handing out some big contracts in the next couple of years so they have to make this time count.
Bald Bull
Veteran

Post#50 » by Bald Bull » Sat Jan 11, 2020 7:55 pm

Read on Twitter
Jikkle
Analyst
And1: 263

Post#51 » by Jikkle » Mon Jan 20, 2020 8:05 am

Well in the long run I'd say the gamble paid off for Lynch.

The 3rd rounder is going to be at the bottom of the round and giving up the 4th to get the Broncos 5th basically cost 15 spots.

Obviously he's done nothing in the playoffs but that's completely due to the fact I can almost count how many times they've passed with just my fingers and toes and they ran the ball about a billion times.
I_am_1z
Starter
And1: 66

Post#52 » by I_am_1z » Mon Jan 20, 2020 12:58 pm

arich35 wrote:I want him back on a 2 year deal. Deebo/Samuel/Hurd is a nice WR core

Depends on how much he asks for...Deebo is now doing those Emo Sanderly things. Let's see how Jalen Hurd fits into this offense during OTAs
Dodub
General Manager

Post#53 » by Dodub » Mon Jan 20, 2020 2:01 pm

Page 1 of this thread has some absolute Gems in it. Here’s one of my favorites

“ Yet another dumb move that has Shanahan's fingerprints all over it. Why are we slowing down the development of Pettis, Hurd, and Deebo? How about Shanny gets Jimmy to throw the ball accurately and timely to our WRs instead of panicking ?”
Bingo_AlphaMan
General Manager
And1: 226

Post#54 » by Bingo_AlphaMan » Sat Mar 21, 2020 9:39 am

EMMANUEL SANDERS
WR, NEW ORLEANS SAINTS

Saints signed Emmanuel Sanders, formerly of the 49ers, to a two-year, $16 million contract.

The last time Sanders took to turf in the Superdome with the Niners he hauled in 7/157/1 and threw a 35-yard touchdown pass to Raheem Mostert. The 33-year-old's next destination on the open market was beginning to look bleak, but New Orleans' pecking order behind Michael Thomas is arguably the best-case scenario as Sanders returns for his 11th season, just one year removed from a devastating Achilles' injury. Assuming a clean bill of health, the veteran slot wideout projects as the team's No. 2/3 option ahead of Jared Cook, Ted Ginn, and Tre'Quan Smith.
SOURCE: Josina Anderson on Twitter

Mar 20, 2020, 10:35 PM ET
Yoshi
Senior
And1: 30

Post#55 » by Yoshi » Sun Mar 22, 2020 7:10 am

Bingo_AlphaMan wrote:EMMANUEL SANDERS
WR, NEW ORLEANS SAINTS

Saints signed Emmanuel Sanders, formerly of the 49ers, to a two-year, $16 million contract.

The last time Sanders took to turf in the Superdome with the Niners he hauled in 7/157/1 and threw a 35-yard touchdown pass to Raheem Mostert. The 33-year-old's next destination on the open market was beginning to look bleak, but New Orleans' pecking order behind Michael Thomas is arguably the best-case scenario as Sanders returns for his 11th season, just one year removed from a devastating Achilles' injury. Assuming a clean bill of health, the veteran slot wideout projects as the team's No. 2/3 option ahead of Jared Cook, Ted Ginn, and Tre'Quan Smith.

Tough loss, but I'm not totally surprised this happened.

Honestly, with the loss of DeFo and Sanders, I hope I'm not wrong in this assessment, but last season was the Niners best chance in winning a SB. You lose the rock of your interior defense along with a wylie vet who led your receiving corp, it's a wonder how the Niners will replace these two players. Hopefully the offense will improve as the defense will regress, but man, asking more from a QB in Jimmy G who doesn't necessarily do a good job in going through his progressions is a lot to ask for.
We're bringing the Axe back home to where it belongs! What do you see? UC Berkeley Fan of the SF Giants, 49ers, Warriors, Alabama Crimson Tide, Cal Bears, La Furia Roja, Three Lions, FC Barcelona, Arsenal FC, & the NZ All Blacks Rugby Team.
Bingo_AlphaMan
General Manager
And1: 226

Post#56 » by Bingo_AlphaMan » Tue Mar 24, 2020 4:15 am

Yoshi wrote:
Bingo_AlphaMan wrote:EMMANUEL SANDERS
WR, NEW ORLEANS SAINTS

Tough loss, but I'm not totally surprised this happened.

Honestly, with the loss of DeFo and Sanders, I hope I'm not wrong in this assessment, but last season was the Niners best chance in winning a SB. You lose the rock of your interior defense along with a wylie vet who led your receiving corp, it's a wonder how the Niners will replace these two players. Hopefully the offense will improve as the defense will regress, but man, asking more from a QB in Jimmy G who doesn't necessarily do a good job in going through his progressions is a lot to ask for.

What’s going on Yosh, my dude.

From what I’m hearing (rumors so far) is that the Niners are trying very hard to get Odell Beckham Jr.

Return to San Francisco 49ers