Post#241 » by arich35 » Mon Dec 6, 2021 12:50 am

We lost this game about 10 different ways
thesack12
RealGM
And1: 2,243

Re: 49ers vs. Seahawks 

Post#242 » by thesack12 » Mon Dec 6, 2021 12:51 am

wco81 wrote:
thesack12 wrote:I'm not normally one to blame the refs and pile on them, but man that no call on Sherfield was absolutely awful. The defender held him with both hands on that entire play.

Granted the 9ers made more than enough mistakes on their own to not deserve to win that game. But that no call was legit game changing. If Sherfield was not held, he most likely makes that TD catch.

They're going to swallow their whistles at end of games.

But really if the team plays better, it shouldn't come down to a non-call in the last minutes of the game.

49ers left themselves no margin for error.

The play calling on the last 4 plays sucked anyways.

Kyle is a loser.

They swallow their whistles in those situations for players like Trent Sherfield. However, its completely obvious he was mugged on the play. A more name branded guy would definitely have got that flag.
Dodub
General Manager
And1: 516

Post#243 » by Dodub » Mon Dec 6, 2021 12:51 am

I came back to the thread to say F those cheating refs
Jikkle
Analyst
And1: 263

Post#244 » by Jikkle » Mon Dec 6, 2021 3:38 am

Seahawks play the 9ers like the 9ers play the Rams.

Maddening loss as both teams did everything they could to lose the game and there are so many "Ifs" in this game I don't think I can remember them all.

Fan reaction is amusing as always though as it's gone from talk about maybe making a SB run to worst team ever and fire everybody.

The offense is almost non-functional when it can't run the ball. It's why I roll my eyes when I see the stats for Jimmy G in the past month because we all know that he's only really excels when the running game is rolling. He wasn't awful but he's not good enough to overcome his own mistakes are really take the offense on his shoulders and win games if the running game is stalled.

The defense is getting some flak but I really don't think they played a bad game. 9 points weren't their fault and 7 points came from a short field off a Jimmy G INT. Now was it a perfect game? Definitely not but take away 73 yards off the fake punt and they held the Seahawks under 300 yards of total offense.

Officiating just sucked. I didn't like either of those roughing the passer calls they had before the end of the half and they obviously missed PI at the end which probably would've ended up in them scoring a TD to have a chance to tie the game.

Overall I think this team is something in the middle of what they were in this game and what they were during the winning streak. I still think they are able to make the playoffs given the other teams competing for those spots are in the same boat but this should end any talk of making the playoffs and going on a SB run.
Jikkle
Analyst
And1: 263

Post#245 » by Jikkle » Mon Dec 6, 2021 3:55 am

On another note I'd love to see the stat on how many INTs Jimmy has throw to linebackers.

That's easily one of the most frustrating things about his game is after all these years he still makes the same exact mistake in not seeing the LB and throwing it right to them. He does it in games and if you go by training camp reports Fred Warner is one of his leading receivers.
Samurai
General Manager
And1: 2,898

Post#246 » by Samurai » Tue Dec 7, 2021 1:54 am

Jikkle wrote:On another note I'd love to see the stat on how many INTs Jimmy has throw to linebackers.

That's easily one of the most frustrating things about his game is after all these years he still makes the same exact mistake in not seeing the LB and throwing it right to them. He does it in games and if you go by training camp reports Fred Warner is one of his leading receivers.

Well, if you tend to rarely throw passes farther than 10 yards, you're throwing into the teeth of where linebackers play. The safeties won't get picks because they are 20 yards downfield where receivers just run around to get their exercise since the ball won't reach them. (sorry, still a bit sore over yesterday!).

Return to San Francisco 49ers