ImageImageImageImageImage

GDT: 49ERS VS CHIEFS

Moderators: CalamityX12, MHSL82

Bingo_AlphaMan
General Manager
And1: 226

Re: GDT: 49ERS VS CHIEFS 

Post#301 » by Bingo_AlphaMan » Mon Feb 3, 2020 3:10 am

CrimsonCrew wrote:100% on Kyle. What a choke job. We don't get there without him, but man did he blow it.

We should have drafted Lamar Jackson or Pat Mahomes when we had the chance.
Catchall
RealGM
And1: 10,334

Post#302 » by Catchall » Mon Feb 3, 2020 3:11 am

Niners needed one more scoring drive: punt, punt, downs
He/Him, Dude, Bro, Bruh
Pattersonca65
Analyst
And1: 208

Post#303 » by Pattersonca65 » Mon Feb 3, 2020 3:11 am

Idiotic deep pass on 3rd down. There was zero reasons to attempt that
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,361

Post#304 » by wco81 » Mon Feb 3, 2020 3:13 am

Bingo_AlphaMan wrote:Now you see why we needed Le’veon Bell. Other than Juice, our backs are useless in the passing game.

I don't see Bell helping the 49ers in the passing game.

49ers do not have deep threats to raise the shell, opening up the underneath patterns.

So they'd be throwing to backs in the flats and expecting them to make yards starting from the LOS or behind it.

They run Kittle to the shallow flats too.

In any event, the biggest pass plays to RBs this season was to Wilson for that game-winning TD and then a similar circle patter which got like 25 yards before the half but Kyle squandered so much time there.

Why weren't the other RBs prepped for going out on passes more? If any other backs are in the game, they stay in to pick up blitzes, not to go out on the pattern. Either he thinks none of them are good enough to stay in or he prefers them to stay in and block. He even keeps Kittle in to block a lot too.
thesack12
RealGM
And1: 2,253

Post#305 » by thesack12 » Mon Feb 3, 2020 3:14 am

Not sure why people are blaming Jimmy, the pressure came right up the gut into his face on each of his bad plays.

Kyle and the refs played much bigger roles in this loss. Sherman also sh*t the bad on on that drive where KC took the lead
Catchall
RealGM
And1: 10,334

Post#306 » by Catchall » Mon Feb 3, 2020 3:18 am

The 9ers offense stalled out for sure, but the pass interference call cost the 9ers a game-changing stop.
He/Him, Dude, Bro, Bruh
arich35
General Manager
And1: 820

Post#307 » by arich35 » Mon Feb 3, 2020 3:19 am

3rd and 15 and we let up a 44 yard pass. I think that was the moment
RIPskaterdude
RealGM
And1: 36,523

Post#308 » by RIPskaterdude » Mon Feb 3, 2020 3:20 am

The fact is the Niners were up by 10 and had the ball with 10 mins left. We had them in multiple 3rd and long and couldn't get it done. Our defense folded
thesack12
RealGM

Post#309 » by thesack12 » Mon Feb 3, 2020 3:20 am

Richie James with a combined 61 yards on 4 kickoff returns. That guy shouldn't have a roster spot going into next season
thesack12
RealGM

Post#310 » by thesack12 » Mon Feb 3, 2020 3:21 am

RIPskaterdude wrote:The fact is the Niners were up by 10 and had the ball with 10 mins left. We had them in multiple 3rd and long and couldn't get it done. Our defense folded

Yup, let them convert a 3rd & 15 and a 3rd and 10 on the same possession
Bingo_AlphaMan
General Manager

Post#311 » by Bingo_AlphaMan » Mon Feb 3, 2020 3:21 am

wco81 wrote:
Bingo_AlphaMan wrote:Now you see why we needed Le’veon Bell. Other than Juice, our backs are useless in the passing game.

49ers do not have deep threats to raise the shell, opening up the underneath patterns.

So they'd be throwing to backs in the flats and expecting them to make yards starting from the LOS or behind it.

In any event, the biggest pass plays to RBs this season was to Wilson for that game-winning TD and then a similar circle patter which got like 25 yards before the half but Kyle squandered so much time there.

Why weren't the other RBs prepped for going out on passes more? If any other backs are in the game, they stay in to pick up blitzes, not to go out on the pattern. Either he thinks none of them are good enough to stay in or he prefers them to stay in and block. He even keeps Kittle in to block a lot too.

Jeff Wilson went out for a pattern today. He seems to think that Jeff can do it, but he doesn’t have the same faith on the other tailbacks. I don’t know how much of Le’veon Bell games that you have closely watched, but the guy is not your typical receiver back. He has elite skill set as a receiver. Shanahan would find creative ways to use him. He brings you mismatch opportunities on every down. Especially on 3rd downs.
Bingo_AlphaMan
General Manager

Post#312 » by Bingo_AlphaMan » Mon Feb 3, 2020 3:24 am

thesack12 wrote:Richie James with a combined 61 yards on 4 kickoff returns. That guy shouldn't have a roster spot going into next season

I’ve been saying that all year. He’s worthless. The only thing thing he’s good at is not coughing up the ball. Other than that the guy has no ability to bring you a splash play or two in the return game.
wco81
RealGM

Post#313 » by wco81 » Mon Feb 3, 2020 3:24 am

arich35 wrote:3rd and 15 and we let up a 44 yard pass. I think that was the moment

Chiefs took those shots, the 49ers didn't.

He stepped into the pocked and I think he got hit or pulled as he released the ball.

He had enough time for Hill to run down full speed and do the post corner move, which turned Ward around.

Thing is, Reid and Shanahan are suppose to be two of the top play callers in the league. But Mahomes made sandlot football plays, buying time with his feet.

Reid is okay with that, while Kyle doesn't like these "off schedule" plays because he wants QBs to execute the plays exactly as he drew them up, not try to make plays buying time for those deep pass plays.

That is why Mahomes made those plays, while Jimmy isn't really suited for that. Nor would Kyle tolerate too much of that. I remember when Bethard won that game last year making plays, Kyle said "off schedule" plays like it wasn't what he really wants.
thesack12
RealGM

Post#314 » by thesack12 » Mon Feb 3, 2020 3:24 am

That no call on the clear offsides leading to the punt that allowed KC to get the ball back/take the lead was a killer...

The no call on the delay of game, hurt bad as well... When a penalty would have actually been helpful, they don't call it
RIPskaterdude
RealGM
And1: 36,523

Post#315 » by RIPskaterdude » Mon Feb 3, 2020 3:24 am

Ford has to be still injured. He was completely absent today
thesack12
RealGM

Post#316 » by thesack12 » Mon Feb 3, 2020 3:26 am

Bingo_AlphaMan wrote:
thesack12 wrote:Richie James with a combined 61 yards on 4 kickoff returns. That guy shouldn't have a roster spot going into next season

I’ve been saying that all year. He’s worthless. The only thing thing he’s good at is not coughing up the ball. Other than that the guy has no ability to bring you a splash play or two in the return game.

He definitely didn't provide any lifts or capture any momentum for the team this season. He's basically worthless as a WR, he needs to go.
wco81
RealGM

Post#317 » by wco81 » Mon Feb 3, 2020 3:26 am

Bingo_AlphaMan wrote:
wco81 wrote:

Jeff Wilson went out for a pattern today. He seems to think that Jeff can do it, but he doesn’t have the same faith on the other tailbacks. I don’t know how much of Le’veon Bell games that you have closely watched, but the guy is not your typical receiver back. He has elite skill set as a receiver. Shanahan would find creative ways to use him. He brings you mismatch opportunities on every down. Especially on 3rd downs.

I know Bell is great but he played with an offense that pushed the ball down the field, which causes LBs to take deep drops.

So there is more room underneath, with Brown and some of the other Steelers WRs taking coverage with them downfield.

But I also understand that he has the speed to get downfield against LBs and some DBs.
Bingo_AlphaMan
General Manager

Post#318 » by Bingo_AlphaMan » Mon Feb 3, 2020 3:27 am

wco81 wrote:
arich35 wrote:3rd and 15 and we let up a 44 yard pass. I think that was the moment

Chiefs took those shots, the 49ers didn't.

He stepped into the pocked and I think he got hit or pulled as he released the ball.

He had enough time for Hill to run down full speed and do the post corner move, which turned Ward around.

Thing is, Reid and Shanahan are suppose to be two of the top play callers in the league. But Mahomes made sandlot football plays, buying time with his feet.

Reid is okay with that, while Kyle doesn't like these "off schedule" plays because he wants QBs to execute the plays exactly as he drew them up, not try to make plays buying time for those deep pass plays.

That is why Mahomes made those plays, while Jimmy isn't really suited for that. Nor would Kyle tolerate too much of that. I remember when Bethard won that game last year making plays, Kyle said "off schedule" plays like it wasn't what he really wants.

Wow. I didn’t look at it that way, but you might be right. Shanahan might be a little stubborn when it comes to his scheme.
wco81
RealGM

Post#319 » by wco81 » Mon Feb 3, 2020 3:29 am

RIPskaterdude wrote:Ford has to be still injured. He was completely absent today

Actually I think the Chiefs lines outplayed the 49ers on both sides. They have one of the best pass protecting OL in the league but also a couple of times, Mahomes who is 230 pounds, just didn't get easily brought down because the 49ers pass rushers couldn't beat the Chiefs OL cleanly enough so they got only a hand or so on him.

Chiefs ran the ball well enough too, to keep the 49ers DL honest. It really hurt the linemen they lost for the season.

49ers had some good runs but I think Samuel got most of the yardage the 49ers got on the ground.
dr3am
RealGM
And1: 10,485

Post#320 » by dr3am » Mon Feb 3, 2020 4:16 am

Alright RealGM & 49ers forum, it’s been good chatting with some of you over the years. I find myself extremely matter of fact beyond pissed. Blame Kyle all you want, Blame Jimmy Trasholo all you want, Lynch, etc... but that’s not why we lost this game. The NFL brought this **** I’m sorry. Go ahead & ignore if you hate conspiracy theorists but there was 2 plays that I find bull ****. The first half OPI on Kittle, that was just so soft & shouldn’t even be called in a professional or college football game than we can score Touchdowns now with our foot out of bounds? :lol:

Anyways y’all keep up the faith & I hope one day this franchise brings home not just #6 but plenty of more championships. With that being said I hope you all have a great year & great lives. dr3am out :peace: :giveup:

Return to San Francisco 49ers