ImageImageImageImageImage

Around the NFL Thread

Moderators: CalamityX12, MHSL82

thesack12
RealGM
And1: 2,228

Re: Around the NFL Thread 

Post#6741 » by thesack12 » Mon Sep 13, 2021 12:57 am

Andy Dalton might not even make it through 1 quarter before getting permanently benched for Fields
CrimsonCrew
RealGM
And1: 942

Post#6742 » by CrimsonCrew » Wed Sep 15, 2021 12:14 am

Not sure if this is the place for it, but Parys Haralson died at 37. No cause of death reported at this time. That one gets to me a bit. Always loved Haralson. One of my favorite picks and underdog-type players who always managed to come through. Supposed to have been a great guy from everything I've ever read. Really sorry to hear that.
Bingo_AlphaMan
General Manager
And1: 225

Post#6743 » by Bingo_AlphaMan » Sun Sep 26, 2021 3:46 pm

LA'EL COLLINS
T, DALLAS COWBOYS

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports Cowboys RT La'el Collins attempted to bribe a drug test collector.

Collins was suspended for five games after the team's Week 1 loss. He missed seven drug tests before attempting to bribe one of the NFL's drug testers. Collins' suspension was initially reduced from five games to two games through the help of the NFL Player's Association. However, after appealing the suspension, an arbitrator recommended that the five-game suspension be upheld. With the suspension now standing at five games, Collins will be eligible to return for the Cowboys' Week 8 game against the Vikings.
SOURCE: Adam Schefter on Twitter

Sep 26, 2021, 9:22 AM ET
thesack12
RealGM

Post#6744 » by thesack12 » Mon Sep 27, 2021 2:18 pm

Read on Twitter

Ugh, 9ers couldn't beat that trade offer?

I know Jax needed/wanted a TE, but Arnold isn't too great. Arguably, he's not much better than Dwelley.

Dwelley + a 3rd and let Jax keep their 5th, might have gotten it done. Or maybe Baalke/Urban are just high on Arnold for whatever reason. We know Baalke isn't the best evaluator of offensive talent at the skill positions.
thesack12
RealGM

Post#6745 » by thesack12 » Wed Oct 6, 2021 2:38 pm

Read on Twitter

Sucks that the 9ers situation isn't exactly an attractive one right now...

Tampa Bay is gonna get one helluva player, for basically free.
CrimsonCrew
RealGM

Post#6746 » by CrimsonCrew » Wed Oct 6, 2021 4:03 pm

Gilmore and Jaylon Smith cut yesterday. Pretty shocking mid-season news. If we were more competitive, I'd consider a strong push for Gilmore. He fills arguably our most glaring need.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,463

Post#6747 » by Cactus Jack » Wed Oct 6, 2021 5:29 pm

Read on Twitter
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
CrimsonCrew
RealGM

Post#6748 » by CrimsonCrew » Wed Oct 6, 2021 6:47 pm

Weird. Sixth-round pick is pretty minimal compensation for a guy like Gilmore, but they just want to clear the contract, presumably. Panthers on the hook for a little under $6 million (25th highest-paid guy at the position). Not a bad price for Gilmore, even if he isn't what he used to be. And if he leaves next year, they may be able to recoup a decent comp pick for him.

I'm torn on that one, as I think we need more than Gilmore to be truly competitive, but if he's right, it's not all that much to give up for him.
thesack12
RealGM

Post#6749 » by thesack12 » Mon Nov 1, 2021 5:12 pm

Read on Twitter

Rams going for broke.

Do they have any draft picks left?
thesack12
RealGM

Post#6750 » by thesack12 » Mon Nov 1, 2021 5:14 pm

Read on Twitter
thesack12
RealGM

Post#6751 » by thesack12 » Mon Nov 1, 2021 5:17 pm

Read on Twitter
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,259

Post#6752 » by wco81 » Mon Dec 13, 2021 8:38 pm

Raiders have a tough situation, with the loss of Gruden and Ruggs.

Derek Carr has only one more year under contract, at around $20 million this year and next.

A bargain price for a starting QB these days.

Carr is 30 and hasn't done a lot of winning in his career though he's been very good at times.

But Raiders don't have a future franchise QB.

So they have to first hire a guy with a plan. Maybe Gruden had a bad plan but at least he had some kind of plan.

Have they sold out their stadium for a couple of years? Sell out their PSLs?

Well TV money will take care of them.

Browns have to also think about whether to give Mayfield $40 million per.

Yikes, hate to be in their shoes.
CrimsonCrew
RealGM

Post#6753 » by CrimsonCrew » Tue Jan 4, 2022 11:23 pm

Not directly NFL related, but I've got to brag about my fantasy championship team for a minute (!!!). I've had some really good teams in the past, but this team was RIDICULOUS. It ended up being a close thing because my kicker was Zuerlein, all my defensive players (we do four IDPs instead of team defense) got hurt or got Covid heading into the playoffs (my opponent outscored me by 23 combined points at K and one LB spot), and I started Antonio Brown and AJ Brown over Keenan Allen, but how's this for a twelve-team roster?

QB: Burrow
RB: Taylor, Ekeler, Penny (also on my bench)
WR: Kupp, Allen, AJ Brown, Antonio Brown
TE: Kelce

Going into the finals, I had ESPN's projected #1 and #2 RBs, the #1, #8, #9, and #10 WRs, and the #2 TE for the week. And my QB, which was my weak link throughout the regular season, was amazing in the fantasy playoffs. Really thought I was going to lose after Sunday afternoon (he had Dalvin Cook and I had a ten-point lead), and was beyond pissed off about it. Thank God the Vikings were awful without Cousins.
Bingo_AlphaMan
General Manager

Post#6754 » by Bingo_AlphaMan » Wed Jan 12, 2022 12:10 am

CrimsonCrew wrote:Not directly NFL related, but I've got to brag about my fantasy championship team for a minute (!!!). I've had some really good teams in the past, but this team was RIDICULOUS. It ended up being a close thing because my kicker was Zuerlein, all my defensive players (we do four IDPs instead of team defense) got hurt or got Covid heading into the playoffs (my opponent outscored me by 23 combined points at K and one LB spot), and I started Antonio Brown and AJ Brown over Keenan Allen, but how's this for a twelve-team roster?

Going into the finals, I had ESPN's projected #1 and #2 RBs, the #1, #8, #9, and #10 WRs, and the #2 TE for the week. And my QB, which was my weak link throughout the regular season, was amazing in the fantasy playoffs. Really thought I was going to lose after Sunday afternoon (he had Dalvin Cook and I had a ten-point lead), and was beyond pissed off about it. Thank God the Vikings were awful without Cousins.

Impressive squad Crims. But it was foolish or you to bench Keenan Allen and Rashad Penny. By the way a lot of us were high on Penny entering the draft. It’s just that we didn’t want to use a 1st round pick on the guy. I hope and pray we sign him this off-season.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,463

Post#6755 » by Cactus Jack » Wed Jan 12, 2022 2:16 am

Bingo_AlphaMan wrote:
CrimsonCrew wrote:RB: Taylor, Ekeler, Penny (also on my bench)

Impressive squad Crims. But it was foolish or you to bench Keenan Allen and Rashad Penny. By the way a lot of us were high on Penny entering the draft. It’s just that we didn’t want to use a 1st round pick on the guy. I hope and pray we sign him this off-season.

Penny just hasn't been healthy. I'm not sure he ever will be for a sustained period. He's been about as injury prone as any player the last 3 years. He missed most of his rookie season. Then tore up his knee & lost basically another 2 years. It's a shame. But he has been good in the limited time that he has been on the field. He's also a perfect fit for their scheme.

Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
CrimsonCrew
RealGM

Post#6756 » by CrimsonCrew » Wed Jan 12, 2022 4:24 pm

Bingo_AlphaMan wrote:
CrimsonCrew wrote:Not directly NFL related, but I've got to brag about my fantasy championship team for a minute (!!!). I've had some really good teams in the past, but this team was RIDICULOUS. It ended up being a close thing because my kicker was Zuerlein, all my defensive players (we do four IDPs instead of team defense) got hurt or got Covid heading into the playoffs (my opponent outscored me by 23 combined points at K and one LB spot), and I started Antonio Brown and AJ Brown over Keenan Allen, but how's this for a twelve-team roster?

When I was in the Championship game two years ago, I basically started the entire Chargers roster (Rivers, Ekeler, Allen, and Henry) against an awful Raiders defense, and ended up losing by 0.8 points. It may have made me gun-shy. And in PPR, I just didn't have faith in Penny to stay healthy all game and put up huge numbers.

Penny raises some questions for next year. I can keep him for $5 of a $200 budget - but I only get one keeper. If he can stay healthy, that would be great value. But that's a huge if. And he may not be on the Hawks. Picked up Dobbins and Michael Thomas before the final game, who I can also keep for $5. I'll probably be on here in the offseason soliciting keeper advice.
Bingo_AlphaMan
General Manager

Post#6757 » by Bingo_AlphaMan » Mon Jan 24, 2022 2:49 am

This game between the Bill’s & Chiefs is probably the best game I’ve watched in almost 5 years. The QB for whichever team that wins this game will go down as “the best QB” in the league.
arich35
General Manager
And1: 818

Post#6758 » by arich35 » Mon Jan 24, 2022 2:51 am

I just don't understand why you wouldn't make the Chiefs field the kick. Same thing we did against the Packers in Week 3
Bingo_AlphaMan
General Manager

Post#6759 » by Bingo_AlphaMan » Mon Jan 24, 2022 2:53 am

arich35 wrote:I just don't understand why you wouldn't make the Chiefs field the kick. Same thing we did against the Packers in Week 3

13 seconds though. No **** excuse as a coordinator or defensive player.
arich35
General Manager
And1: 818

Post#6760 » by arich35 » Mon Jan 24, 2022 2:54 am

Bingo_AlphaMan wrote:
arich35 wrote:I just don't understand why you wouldn't make the Chiefs field the kick. Same thing we did against the Packers in Week 3

13 seconds though. No **** excuse as a coordinator or defensive player.

Well I agree but still, why not force them to waste more time? Even if he breaks it off to the 50 that takes 10 seconds off the clock

Return to San Francisco 49ers