ImageImageImageImageImage

Around the NFL Thread

Moderators: CalamityX12, MHSL82

Tomikcon1971
Sixth Man
And1: 74

Re: Around the NFL Thread 

Post#201 » by Tomikcon1971 » Sun Aug 23, 2015 1:54 am

The VaGiants just lost another safety......

......Baalke, trade Dahl for a 7th round pick in 2044 and this will be the deal of the decade in our favor.
XVI, XIX, XXIII, XXIV, XXIX, ????
Dodub
General Manager
And1: 516

Post#202 » by Dodub » Sun Aug 23, 2015 4:16 pm

Eagles are furious because Suggs took a shot at Bradford's knee last night
Tomikcon1971
Sixth Man

Post#203 » by Tomikcon1971 » Sun Aug 23, 2015 5:56 pm

Let's see, QB is allowed to be hit when then line up in read option and if you don't want your fragile QB hit, don't put him on the field (or even trade for him).

Whether or not it was a legal hit, they need to quit being whiners.
Bingo_AlphaMan
General Manager
And1: 225

Post#204 » by Bingo_AlphaMan » Sun Aug 23, 2015 7:52 pm

Jordy Nelson, torn ACL.
Dodub
General Manager

Post#205 » by Dodub » Sun Aug 23, 2015 8:25 pm

Tomikcon1971 wrote:Let's see, QB is allowed to be hit when then line up in read option and if you don't want your fragile QB hit, don't put him on the field (or even trade for him).

Come on man that's ridiculous. First of all, any team should complain about a player going after the healing knee of ANY player regardless of the position, that is just cheap and an a hole move.

If players were purposely targeting Bowman's injured knee and trying to hurt him this season would you not complain? I know I'd be pissed.
Dodub
General Manager

Post#206 » by Dodub » Sun Aug 23, 2015 8:25 pm

Bingo_AlphaMan wrote:Jordy Nelson, torn ACL.

Ouch!
Tomikcon1971
Sixth Man

Post#207 » by Tomikcon1971 » Sun Aug 23, 2015 9:01 pm

Dodub wrote:
Tomikcon1971 wrote:Let's see, QB is allowed to be hit when then line up in read option and if you don't want your fragile QB hit, don't put him on the field (or even trade for him).

Come on man that's ridiculous. First of all, any team should complain about a player going after the healing knee of ANY player regardless of the position, that is just cheap and an a hole move.

If players were purposely targeting Bowman's injured knee and trying to hurt him this season would you not complain? I know I'd be pissed.

First, I hate Suggs. Let's be clear on that. Can't stand the guy.

But exactly how do we know he was going after Bradford's knee? If Sanchez was in there running the exact same play, people are suggesting he would have tackled him higher?

I just watched someone go low on Gradkowski lunging for him. He didn't get there but he was trying. Where's the outage on that?

My point is Suggs is guilty of a dirty play that I'm not convinced was dirty in terms of going after a specific player's bad knee.

If you have a problem with him going low, that's fine. The outrage around targeting Bradford I'm not buying into.
Tomikcon1971
Sixth Man

Post#208 » by Tomikcon1971 » Sun Aug 23, 2015 9:16 pm

On an unrelated note, whoever is around Rob Ryan and telling him that hairstyle is a good look for him isn't a true friend.

Everytime I see him I feel like I'm at the State Fair watching a bloated and over the hill Vince Neil.
Tomikcon1971
Sixth Man

Post#209 » by Tomikcon1971 » Sun Aug 23, 2015 9:20 pm

Is it just me or are lots of kickers missing FGs this year? Not talking PATs I mean FGs.
Tomikcon1971
Sixth Man

Post#210 » by Tomikcon1971 » Sun Aug 23, 2015 9:24 pm

Because Luke and Josh have played for so many teams it feels like six brothers have played in the league.
Dodub
General Manager

Post#211 » by Dodub » Sun Aug 23, 2015 9:51 pm

Tomikcon1971 wrote:
Dodub wrote:

But exactly how do we know he was going after Bradford's knee? If Sanchez was in there running the exact same play, people are suggesting he would have tackled him higher?

I just watched someone go low on Gradkowski lunging for him. He didn't get there but he was trying. Where's the outage on that?

My point is Suggs is guilty of a dirty play that I'm not convinced was dirty in terms of going after a specific player's bad knee.

If you have a problem with him going low, that's fine. The outrage around targeting Bradford I'm not buying into.

Everyone out there said that it was a dirty hit aimed at hurting a player. There is a vast difference between going low on a routine tackle and a dirty hit.
MHSL82
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 130

Post#212 » by MHSL82 » Sun Aug 23, 2015 10:05 pm

Tomikcon1971 wrote:
Dodub wrote:

Your original comment sounded like you were saying that the Eagles should not have put Bradford out there if he didn't want to get injured on a regular routine play. If it was dirty, that wasn't routine and if it wasn't dirty than they have no reason to be upset. Since dirty or not is subjective, I'm glad you clarified that you didn't think it was, but your claim it was not dirty wasn't clear in your first post and a clean hit (in Eagles POV) wasn't what the Eagles were crying about.
Tomikcon1971
Sixth Man

Post#213 » by Tomikcon1971 » Sun Aug 23, 2015 10:11 pm

I was watching the game and see hits like that on a fairly regular basis. I think the Eagles universally think it was dirty but on the www lots of media are disputing it as clearly dirty.

By the way, he got drilled again a few plays later even harder. That hit was much harder. You should have seen the pics of Bradford's face. He was hurting bad. Not by Suggs.

Maybe the Eagles line should consider blocking a few guys.
Tomikcon1971
Sixth Man

Post#214 » by Tomikcon1971 » Sun Aug 23, 2015 10:15 pm

MHSL82 wrote:
Tomikcon1971 wrote:
Dodub wrote:

Your original comment sounded like you were saying that the Eagles should not have put Bradford out there if he didn't want to get injured on a regular routine play. If it was dirty, that wasn't routine and if it wasn't dirty than they have no reason to be upset. Since dirty or not is subjective, I'm glad you clarified that you didn't think it was, but your claim it was not dirty wasn't clear in your first post and a clean hit (in Eagles POV) wasn't what the Eagles were crying about.

In all honesty, I do feel a little like they are whining specifically about Bradford. I'm willing to bet if Sanchez or Tebow (giggle giggle that he's even on a roster) this wouldn't have caused the outrage. So from that perspective I am sort of suggesting it is Bradford specific.
Tomikcon1971
Sixth Man

Post#215 » by Tomikcon1971 » Sun Aug 23, 2015 10:32 pm

Wow. Chris Carter has himself in a little bit of an embarrassing situation (along w/NFL) in a video advising rookies to have a "fall guy" to go to jail for them during rookie symposium.
Pattersonca65
Analyst
And1: 208

Post#216 » by Pattersonca65 » Mon Aug 24, 2015 4:14 pm

I watched parts of the Raiders and Seattle's preseason games. I thought the Raiders looked pretty good and Amari Cooper is going to be a stud.

Seattle's oline looks like crap. If anyone thinks our oline is bad. They also better hope Lynch doesn't go down. Neither Michel or Turbin looked very good. Neither looks like starter material.
Bingo_AlphaMan
General Manager
And1: 225

Post#217 » by Bingo_AlphaMan » Mon Aug 24, 2015 10:40 pm

I was very high on this dude when he came out of college. He should have had a fabulous NFL career just like his classmates: Deymarius Thomas and Dez Bryant. However, he was never able to stay healthy to prove it...!

Arrelious Benn - WR - Jaguars

Jaguars placed WR Arrelious Benn on injured reserve with a broken collarbone, ending his season.

It's a disappointing end of an otherwise impressive camp for Benn, a former second-round pick who was trying to revive his career with Jacksonville. Benn should eventually be released with an injury settlement.

Aug 24 - 4:04 PM
Tomikcon1971
Sixth Man

Post#218 » by Tomikcon1971 » Tue Aug 25, 2015 11:57 am

Eagles continuing to whine (and lie at this point) about Bradford play with Suggs. Kelly claimed yesterday they never run zone read from shotgun. Then folks post pictures of them doing exactly that. Suggs also engaged Bradford at the waist originally. It almost looks like Bradford pushed him down trying to shed tackle.

I stand by my position that this is much ado about nothing.
Pattersonca65
Analyst
And1: 208

Post#219 » by Pattersonca65 » Tue Aug 25, 2015 10:32 pm

Matthis signed with Broncos. I am glad he didn't sign with Seattle allthough that wasn't likely. Seattle is in salary cap hell now. Their days of signing any more significant free agents is over
ChrisPozz
RealGM
And1: 450

Post#220 » by ChrisPozz » Thu Aug 27, 2015 2:14 am

Former NFL tackle Jonathan Martin says he attempted suicide multiple times

http://www.sacbee.com/sports/nfl/article32465472.html

Return to San Francisco 49ers