2015 NFL Draft

Moderators: CalamityX12, MHSL82

Ray_Dogg
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 265

Re: 2015 NFL Draft 

Post#21 » by Ray_Dogg » Tue Sep 2, 2014 11:36 pm

And my Vols lost their starting LT with an ACL tear. Fug.

Sent from my thumb on the RealGM App.
Bingo_AlphaMan
General Manager
And1: 225

Post#22 » by Bingo_AlphaMan » Fri Sep 5, 2014 2:13 am

Ifo Ekpre-Olomu - DB - Ducks

Oregon senior CB Ifo Ekpre-Olomu "is widely considered the top senior defensive NFL prospect by several in the scouting community," according to CBS Sports' Dane Brugler.

"He has many of the requisite skills to survive in both press and off-man, displaying quick diagnose skills, twitchy reaction time and the athleticism to break on the ball," Brugler wrote. "Ekpre-Olomu shows swivel hips, smooth footwork and explosive lower body skills to close in a hurry on the ball. He lacks ideal strength and build and can be easily tied up by blockers on the perimeter, but he doesn't shy from throwing his body around in run defense." IEO, of course, faces a pivotal matchup this weekend against Michigan State. "Ekpre-Olomu vs. Michigan State's Tony Lippett will be an outstanding match-up to study in this game," Brugler wrote.
Source: CBS Sports

Sep 4 - 6:31 PM
Bingo_AlphaMan
General Manager

Post#23 » by Bingo_AlphaMan » Fri Sep 5, 2014 2:16 am

Kurtis Drummond - DB - Spartans

All eyes will be on Michigan State senior S Kurtis Drummond to see how he handles a leadership role with Darqueze Dennard, Denicos Allen and Max Bullough off to the NFL, notes CBS Sports' Dane Brugler.

"[Drummond] is a well-rounded player with the anticipation and pursuit downhill to close in the ground game while also showing the coordinated body control and timing in coverage to make plays in pass defense," Brugler wrote. "Drummond has a lean body type and needs to consistently finish once he makes contact with the ballcarrier, but he understands angles and plays with the confidence needed at the position." Mel Kiper's No. 2 senior safety entered the season with 161 tackles, eight interceptions and 10 pass breakups in 39 games.

Sep 4 - 5:46 PM
Bingo_AlphaMan
General Manager

Post#24 » by Bingo_AlphaMan » Fri Sep 5, 2014 2:23 am

It didn't take long for him to crack the top 32 let alone top 50. I think he deserves to be up there for now. That kid gave my Noles a handful.

Tyreek Hill - RB - Cowboys

Oklahoma State JUCO OW transfer Tyreek Hill made his debut on Rob Rang's Big Board at No. 31 this week.

"Hill, a JUCO transfer and track star, has played just one D-I game, so it may seem premature to list him here," Rang wrote. "That one game, of course, was the season-opener against Florida State in which Hill dashed through and around the defending champs for 278 all-purpose yards as a running back, receiver and returner. Raw? Sure, but explosiveness like this is rare." The 5-foot-10, 185-pound Cowboys' prospect has been compared to Percy Harvin and Tavon Austin.

Sep 4 - 4:06 PM
Bingo_AlphaMan
General Manager

Post#25 » by Bingo_AlphaMan » Fri Sep 5, 2014 2:28 am

I like him a lot but not in the first round. He needs a lot of polishing:

Ronald Darby - DB - Seminoles

Florida State junior CB Ronald Darby impressed TFY Draft Insider's Tony Pauline in a Week 1 victory over Oklahoma State.

"The junior is sized well, physical and shuts down opponents on crossing patterns or down the field," Pauline wrote. "His instincts need polish but Darby looked terrific against what could be the toughest offense FSU faces this year." Darby, who ran a 21.05-second 200-meter dash as a high schooler, is one of the fastest players in the nation. Over the summer, NFL.com's Bucky Brooks called Darby one of the best cover men in college football.
Source: TFY Draft Insider

Sep 3 - 8:47 PM
Bingo_AlphaMan
General Manager

Post#26 » by Bingo_AlphaMan » Fri Sep 5, 2014 2:30 am

Trey Flowers - DL - Razorbacks

Arkansas senior Trey Flowers saw his draft stock slide over the weekend against Auburn, notes TFY Draft Insider's Tony Pauline.

"Flowers did finish the night with 9 tackles during the Razorbacks 24-point loss to Auburn but much of that was after the fact and he had minimal impact," Pauline wrote. "Considering Auburn was starting a new left tackle as well as a back-up quarterback, Flowers should’ve been omnipresent in the opponents backfield." The 6-foot-4, 262-pounder earned Second Team All-SEC honors in 2013, racking up 44 tackles, including 13.5 for loss and five sacks, as well as three forced fumbles and an interception. Pauline disseminated Flowers a Rds. 3-4 grade over the summer.

Sep 3 - 8:18 PM
Bingo_AlphaMan
General Manager

Post#27 » by Bingo_AlphaMan » Fri Sep 5, 2014 2:33 am

Amari Cooper - WR - Crimson Tide

West Virginia head coach Dana Holgorsen said Alabama junior WR Amari Cooper could be the No. 1 overall pick in the 2015 NFL Drraft.

"(Cooper) might be the first overall pick in the draft," Holgorsen said at his Tuesday news conference. "He was a really good player. He got his. He caught the ball, and he got open. (WVU CB) Daryl (Worley) held his own. Daryl held his own, and Daryl is going to be a great player for us." Cooper recorded 12 catches for 130 yards in Alabama's 33-23 win over West Virginia on Saturday. The 6-foot-1, 202-pound has great natural athleticism (he says he ran 40-yard dash times of 4.31, 4.35 and 4.38 in the spring) and on-field skill, but Holgorsen is being overly gracious here. Cooper is a clear-cut Round 1 prospect, but the odds of him going No. 1 overall are exceedingly slim.
Source: WVUSports.com

Sep 3 - 7:10 PM
trancemeister
Freshman
And1: 6

2015 NFL Draft 

Post#28 » by trancemeister » Sat Sep 6, 2014 11:27 pm

This might be an opinion filtered through my orange colored glasses but Von Pearson might be one to look out for next year if he chooses to declare. He might not be as dynamic as Cordarrelle Patterson but I think he's going to do great things at Rocky Top.
Rvnight18
Bench Warmer
And1: 15

Post#29 » by Rvnight18 » Sun Sep 7, 2014 4:02 am

So no lineman from ohio state will be drafted for a long time...

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
Ray_Dogg
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#30 » by Ray_Dogg » Sun Sep 7, 2014 8:29 am

I saw something about Pearson being hurt and my first thought was, sweet we will see him for two years. Him and North are gonna continue the tradition at WR U.
trancemeister
Freshman
And1: 6

2015 NFL Draft 

Post#31 » by trancemeister » Sun Sep 7, 2014 4:24 pm

Ray_Dogg wrote:I saw something about Pearson being hurt and my first thought was, sweet we will see him for two years. Him and North are gonna continue the tradition at WR U.

Yeah Von got hurt yesterday but it appears to be a minor injury. Think just a sprained ankle. Now Ethan Wolf in the other hand might be a more serious one (knee). I tell you what, WRU is right! Pearson, North, Malone this year and if we can hold on to him, Preston Williams next year! My goodness! UT WRs are going to be making some noise at the next few drafts.
Hangman_52
Sixth Man
And1: 77

Post#32 » by Hangman_52 » Sun Sep 7, 2014 11:56 pm

New need for me is a space eating pile shoving NT. Run defense sucked.
I_am_1z
Starter
And1: 66

Post#33 » by I_am_1z » Fri Sep 12, 2014 3:43 am

Been really lazy about posting. Justin Holman, the new QB for UCF, is the best QB in college right now. He's a sophomore and in my opinion he's all but guaranteed to be the 1st QB taken in 2016.
I_am_1z
Starter
And1: 66

Post#34 » by I_am_1z » Sat Sep 13, 2014 10:42 pm

Oh and did I mention my love for Shane Morris? He was throwing some Dilfer Dimes, too bad they were dropped
Bingo_AlphaMan
General Manager

Post#35 » by Bingo_AlphaMan » Sun Sep 14, 2014 3:22 pm

Ty Montgomery - WR - Cardinal

Stanford junior WR Ty Montgomery had eight receptions for 86 yards and a touchdown on Saturday versus Army.

He also ran for a four-yard touchdown in the fourth quarter (his 32-yard touchdown reception also occurred in the last frame). Montgomery displays exceptional straight-line speed and returning ability (though today he had just 11 yards on two punt returns). The 6-foot-2, 215-pounder has been compared to Ted Ginn Jr.

Sep 14 - 12:02 AM
Hangman_52
Sixth Man
And1: 77

Post#36 » by Hangman_52 » Sun Sep 14, 2014 3:27 pm

Bingo_AlphaMan wrote:Ty Montgomery - WR - Cardinal

Stanford junior WR Ty Montgomery had eight receptions for 86 yards and a touchdown on Saturday versus Army.

He also ran for a four-yard touchdown in the fourth quarter (his 32-yard touchdown reception also occurred in the last frame). Montgomery displays exceptional straight-line speed and returning ability (though today he had just 11 yards on two punt returns). The 6-foot-2, 215-pounder has been compared to Ted Ginn Jr.

Sep 14 - 12:02 AM

He runs like Ginn, but catches a lot better, even in traffic. He does occasionally drop the ball, but those were more his freshman year. I haven't seen him drop the ball in a while.
Bingo_AlphaMan
General Manager

Post#37 » by Bingo_AlphaMan » Sun Sep 14, 2014 3:45 pm

Hangman_52 wrote:New need for me is a space eating pile shoving NT. Run defense sucked.

:thumbsup:
:nod:

I couldn't agree more! Some of us have been saying this for the past 2 or 3 years now. We should have drafted John Jenkins last year instead of Corey Lemonier. Not that Jenkins is blowing things up with the Saints but he is a pretty good contributor for them, much more than what Lemon has provided for us to date. The year before (2012) I honestly thought that we would have traded up for Dontari Poe.

I agree with your comment, however Next year's draft class does not have anyone that I can think of at this moment whom I'd consider to be an upgrade over Williams/Dorsey. I think we have mismanaged the draft with regard to this particular position IMO.
Bingo_AlphaMan
General Manager

Post#38 » by Bingo_AlphaMan » Sun Sep 14, 2014 4:36 pm

Leonard Williams - DL - Trojans

In his latest mock draft, CBS Sports' Dane Brugler believes USC junior DL Leonard Williams "might be the best player in the entire draft," and with the No. 2 pick "it gives the Raiders a building block to pair with Khalil Mack in the front seven."

"They luck out in this situation with a supreme talent like Williams available; he might be the best player in the entire draft and gives the Raiders a building block to pair with Khalil Mack in the front seven," Brugler wrote. With the Raiders getting a little bit long in the tooth along the defensive line, Brugler thinks the Raiders need an "injection of young talent" at the position, which is "currently filled with veteran cast-offs acquired via free agency."

Sep 8 - 4:32 PM

USC junior DL Leonard Williams' stellar performance on Saturday against Stanford "is one scouts will point to during the pre-draft process," writes TFY Draft Insider's Tony Pauline.

Williams acquitted himself well when lined up across from Stanford's Andrus Peat. "Despite being hampered with a sprained ankle which prevented him from playing fulltime against Stanford, Williams posted a team leading 11 tackles while also adding a sack and one tackle for loss," Pauline wrote. "His hustle and intensity were impressive and this could go a long way in securing Williams as a top six pick next April. Why then is he not listed as a Riser? Stanford’s offensive line is not battle tested as four-fifths graduated to the NFL after last season. Boston College next week then UCLA and Notre Dame during November are better challenges for Williams." Williams earned Pac-12 Defensive Freshman of the Year honors as a DT in 2012, and then converted to DE to collect 74 tackles -- 13.5 for loss -- and six sacks while battling through a nagging shoulder injury last year.

Sep 8 - 5:09 PM

CBS Sports' Dane Brugler believes USC junior DL Leonard Williams "at 50-60 percent is still better than most defensive linemen in college football – that's how dominant he is."

Despite nursing a high-ankle sprain on Saturday against Stanford, the 6-foot-5, 300 pound Williams, made his presence known in USC's upset versus Stanford on Saturday. The USC prospect finished the game with 11 tackles, with one tackle for loss and one sack. Brugler notes that Williams was able to be "effective with his quickness and strength, both qualities that were evident against Stanford's physical offensive line."

Sep 9 - 1:55 PM

USC junior DL Leonard Williams "flashed dominance" in Saturday's game against Stanford, NFL.com's Bucky Brooks wrote.

Williams was ranked as one of Brooks' Week 2 draft stock risers. "The Trojans' star defender made quite an impact on the game despite nursing a gimpy ankle that limited his mobility and explosiveness," Brooks wrote. "Williams tallied 11 tackles, one sack and a tackle for loss against a physical Stanford offensive line that's as good as any in the country. Although Williams couldn't sustain his disruptive presence for the entire game, he certainly flashed enough dominance in key spots to help the Trojans engineer an early-season upset on the road." CBS Sports' Dane Brugler wrote earlier this week that Williams "at 50-60 percent is still better than most defensive linemen in college football – that's how dominant he is." No argument from us.
Source: NFL.com

Sep 9 - 8:20 PM
Ray_Dogg
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#39 » by Ray_Dogg » Sun Sep 14, 2014 6:38 pm

Eric Striker is reedic. Too bad he is too light.
Bingo_AlphaMan
General Manager

Post#40 » by Bingo_AlphaMan » Wed Sep 17, 2014 3:08 am

Dorial Green-Beckham - WR - Sooners

CBS Sports' Dane Brugler wonders how the Ray Rice situation will impact Oklahoma redshirt sophomore WR Dorial Green-Beckham if he decides to enter the 2015 draft.

The star receiver was dismissed from Missouri after pushing a woman down stairs (amongst other transgressions). He was never charged. In announcing a six-game ban for first-time domestic abuse offenders, NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell sent a letter to each team which stated first-time offenders could be suspended longer if circumstances warranted it, including "a prior incident before joining the NFL." Wrote Brugler: "So if Green-Beckham is involved in a domestic abuse incident while on a NFL roster, he would be subject to a harsher penalty than just the expected six game suspension. It's very possible Green-Beckham stays out of trouble once in the NFL, but nonetheless, it's a factor for teams to consider when deciding whether or not to draft the super-talented pass catcher."

Sep 16 - 10:03 PM

Return to San Francisco 49ers