Housekeeping Before the Season

Moderators: CalamityX12, MHSL82

MHSL82
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 130

Housekeeping Before the Season 

Post#1 » by MHSL82 » Mon Aug 25, 2014 7:26 pm

I'm glad so many of the great posters came over to this site. Just thought we could go over a few things to make our new board work well this season. Post any suggestions you have and respond to anything you want.

This thread will fall off soon enough but apologies for starting a new thread beyond the "Calling all refugees" thread.

My suggestions follow in the next post.
MHSL82
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Re: Housekeeping Before the Season 

Post#2 » by MHSL82 » Mon Aug 25, 2014 7:37 pm

1. Could everyone enable private messages option? The default mode is to disable private messages. Right now we cannot send any because we are newbies, but if this option is not enabled, it will be difficult later to PM people.

2. Could everyone create their own signature or disable the signature? When we read the game day threads, if it just says "Sent from my iPhone" it just bogs down the pages. If it is something that you created, I think it is okay. If you have a different username here, you can just put your old name in the signature.

3. If you are responding to someone specifically, when you quote them, they are notified unless they turn the notification off. One can disable the email notification but leave the notification on the top of the page. I personally like the notification so that I can respond if I missed something. So if you do not want to be notified, turn it off. If you have someone you're responding to, quote them unless it is obvious or to the post directly above yours. Just a suggestion, as obviously, anyone can do whatever they want.

4. This is not as serious, but perhaps the most important in superstitious ways. Can we figure out who does the gameday threads? And make sure that they have the appropriate beginning? We need someone who is lucky, reliable, won't jump the gun, and willing to move on if they're proven to be unlucky.

5. If the majority agrees, can we change the community thread to the title we had on the other side? I created a post entitled that before I saw the community thread. But he shouldn't have duplicate of threats, but I kind of like the ring to that thread title. The Community Thread is already stickied and should remain so, IMO.

Here is the thread title I am referring to, 4_9_E_R_S!!!!! ESPN Refugee BS Thread

http://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=176&t=1341645
trancemeister
Freshman
And1: 6

Post#3 » by trancemeister » Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:06 pm

As far as #2 goes I'm not sure there is a way to turn off the "sent from iPhone" line. I turned off all signatures in my profile settings but it still adds that line.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
MHSL82
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#4 » by MHSL82 » Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:24 pm

trancemeister wrote:As far as #2 goes I'm not sure there is a way to turn off the "sent from iPhone" line. I turned off all signatures in my profile settings but it still adds that line.

Edit your signature when you are on a PC by deleting everything. Turn it off there, too. That's what I did. But maybe I'm wrong, do you see a sig on mine?
trancemeister
Freshman

Post#5 » by trancemeister » Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:02 pm

I did turn off the options on a PC but I obviously missed one since I don't see the "iPhone" sig in your message.

MHSL82
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#6 » by MHSL82 » Tue Aug 26, 2014 12:19 am

This is why I wish we could PM. ;)

On a PC:

1. Next to "My Profile" there is Preferences. Click that.
2. Under the Profile tab, there is "Edit Signature."
3. Highlight the text and insert your own or delete.
4. Press submit. That should do it there.

On mobile:

1. Go to make a reply.
2. Next to the Twitter sign above your keyboard, there are three dots.
3. Click that and it should go to signature options.
4. Delete the text and press the button to turn off the signature.
5. If not there, below your reply spot, there should be a signature thing that says enabled or diabled, click on that if you can and edit where logical.

Sorry about this, I didn't mean to make a big deal about it. I thought it was easily accessible and forgot how I did it exactly.
MHSL82
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#7 » by MHSL82 » Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:57 am

Bump; Yes, this thread will be buried by the season.

Add your suggestions, too.
MHSL82
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#8 » by MHSL82 » Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:10 pm

Anyone know how to create a poll? Thanks in advance.
bmvanthiel
Junior
And1: 13

Post#9 » by bmvanthiel » Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:35 pm

Is there a way to enable private messages? Mine is saying its disabled because I'm new.

I just want to give some people my email address in case I lose contact again. After the whole sportshoopla crap, I had no way of contacting anyone.
trancemeister
Freshman

Post#10 » by trancemeister » Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:44 pm

bmvanthiel wrote:Is there a way to enable private messages? Mine is saying its disabled because I'm new.

I just want to give some people my email address in case I lose contact again. After the whole sportshoopla crap, I had no way of contacting anyone.

+1 on that. Is there someone who has a master list of email addresses for contact outside of the forums?

MHSL82
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#11 » by MHSL82 » Thu Aug 28, 2014 4:01 am

bmvanthiel wrote:Is there a way to enable private messages? Mine is saying its disabled because I'm new.

100 day wait, the administrator of Real GM said he would try to speed it up for us.
MHSL82
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#12 » by MHSL82 » Thu Aug 28, 2014 4:06 am

trancemeister wrote:

+1 on that. Is there someone who has a master list of email addresses for contact outside of the forums?

I have a good list I compiled when on Webzone. If I can add yours, I'll send it to you since you've been with us and these emails are secondary emails for some. Just don't abuse it and we'll be fine; use just for need/emergency (relatively speaking). Send me a PM on Webzone. I'm only using Webzone for PMs.
MHSL82
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#13 » by MHSL82 » Tue Sep 2, 2014 4:37 pm

Who is doing the game day thread - that is most important. We need to coordinate this. I assume Ray_Dogg, but we can't f'this up because otherwise, we're the Cowboys.

And anyone know how to make a poll?
trancemeister
Freshman

Post#14 » by trancemeister » Tue Sep 2, 2014 6:01 pm

It sucks that we don't have the bj smiley here. That's part of the tradition!
MHSL82
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#15 » by MHSL82 » Wed Sep 3, 2014 6:00 am

Ray_Dogg - Since you are one of the posters who post the most, could you remove your sig or make your own. I have the instructions above in this thread. It makes game day threads et al longer and harder to read.

Thanks for considering.
WarFan
RealGM
And1: 1,484

Post#16 » by WarFan » Wed Sep 3, 2014 1:52 pm

MHSL82 wrote:And anyone know how to make a poll?

Click on the New Topic button, then on the next screen there's a tab underneath the preview/submit buttons that says "Poll creation" with all the poll options.

Ray_Dogg
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 265

Post#17 » by Ray_Dogg » Wed Sep 3, 2014 1:52 pm

No sig test, no sig test. Test one two. Is this *%^* off?
Ray_Dogg
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 265

Post#18 » by Ray_Dogg » Wed Sep 3, 2014 2:20 pm

Maniax and poewelch84 need a rescue from poop.
MHSL82
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#19 » by MHSL82 » Wed Sep 3, 2014 4:52 pm

WarFan wrote:
MHSL82 wrote:And anyone know how to make a poll?

Click on the New Topic button, then on the next screen there's a tab underneath the preview/submit buttons that says "Poll creation" with all the poll options.

Thanks!
MHSL82
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#20 » by MHSL82 » Wed Sep 3, 2014 4:52 pm

Ray_Dogg wrote:No sig test, no sig test. Test one two. Is this *%^* off?

Thanks!

Return to San Francisco 49ers