ImageImageImageImageImage

Thoughts on Texans Game

Moderators: CalamityX12, MHSL82

DreDinis21
Sophomore
And1: 5

Thoughts on Texans Game 

Post#1 » by DreDinis21 » Fri Aug 29, 2014 3:42 am

Ok, so I was watching it on a terrible feed, so bear with me....here's what I saw:

Winston needs to be on this roster. His running style is violent and he seriously moved some piles tonight. He could be the short yardage back Harbaugh always hoped Dixon and Jacobs to be.

Looney looked good today. He was a wall today.

Ellington is the real deal. His KR/PR ability alone should cement his status on this team. The fact that he seems to be a WR who has a clue is a serious plus!

LMJ played one of his better games at RB but his KR/PR skills are lacking. He still can't get out of arm tackles with anything resembling consistency....also, I hate him.

Josh Johnson played a pretty good game. Aside from Washington stone-handing the INT, he had a pretty solid game and I frankly like him for this team for more then I like Gabbert...although I have mentally prepared myself for Sunshine being our backup.

Nelson is a multi-dimensional player....was fun to watch him.

Kilgore played a pretty solid game, was blocking with some nasty attached.

I really like Seymour and hope he sneaks onto the team.
CrimsonCrew
RealGM
And1: 939

Re: Thoughts on Texans Game 

Post#2 » by CrimsonCrew » Fri Aug 29, 2014 4:34 pm

A few thoughts. First, this preseason sucked for me. A super-early start in the first game, my wife and I were celebrating our 5th anniversary during the second (apparently she's still upset I slipped away during the rehearsal dinner and our honeymoon to watch preseason games....), we were moving during the third, and I had a colleague's going-away party during the 4th. It's as if I'm just a regular NFL fan who doesn't care about the preseason. Disgraceful...

Anyway, obviously didn't see too much of this one, but I tried to watch in the background while talking to co-workers.

Biggest thing that stood out to me was McCray. Guy was everywhere (I was initially like, "Why is Carrier playing defense?"). I don't know if we can stash him on the PS at this point - was actually getting irritated that we were playing him so much during the game, and I'd definitely lean toward keeping him over Spillman or Ventrone at this point.

First time seeing Winston, and I agree he looked good. That said, I still think he's a PS player. Preseason RB wonders are kind of a dime a dozen. Though if he can contribute on STs, he may have a place.

Cook with another INT?!?! What is going on? Some surprisingly tough choices coming at CB. Let's hope we make the right ones. I tend toward keeping the younger players, but we don't want to be TOO inexperienced back there, either.

I thought both lines looked very good for most of the game. Bykowski had some trouble with Mercilus, but otherwise, a good showing.

Anyway, that's about it on my end.
Bald Bull
Veteran
And1: 155

Post#3 » by Bald Bull » Fri Aug 29, 2014 6:39 pm

I think letting Winston go would be a mistake. He looks like a natural, he lets plays develop with good timing and vision. He's also runs with determination. I'm sure the Seahawks would pick him up just to be dicks. I'd rather give them LMJ.
Pattersonca65
Analyst
And1: 206

Post#4 » by Pattersonca65 » Sat Aug 30, 2014 2:31 am

Carradine looked like a beast again. I think he had one sack taken away by a penalty and he was running over anyone in front of him

Return to San Francisco 49ers