ImageImageImageImageImage

Lattimore Update

Moderators: CalamityX12, MHSL82

Pattersonca65
Analyst
And1: 207

Lattimore Update 

Post#1 » by Pattersonca65 » Sun Sep 14, 2014 7:54 pm

I sure hope Lattimore can get ready to contribute by midseason.

The San Francisco 49ers opened the 2014 NFL campaign with just two running backs -- Frank Gore and Carlos Hyde -- on their active game-day roster. They let LaMichael James go on Monday, which leaves them with only return man Bruce Ellington as a rushing option on their roster and the injured Marcus Lattimore on the reserve/NFI list.

Will we see Lattimore, who continues to work his way back from a gruesome college knee injury, added to the backfield this season?

"Lattimore continues to work out and get stronger every day as he gets paced through a program under the direction of the strength and conditioning staff," wrote Matt Maoiocco of CSNBayArea.com.

"He opened the season on the reserve/non-football injury list. He is expected to begin practicing at some point after Week 6. He could eventually be elevated to become the team’s No. 3 running back in the second half of the season."

It's not clear if that would push Ellington out of the mix as the No. 3 option or if the 49ers would expand their backfield pool to four running backs, perhaps keeping three active on game days. That likely will depend a lot on how good Lattimore looks physically and whether Gore and Hyde avoid injuries by midseason
clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,197

Re: Lattimore Update 

Post#2 » by clyde21 » Sun Sep 14, 2014 7:59 pm

He'll start practicing by mid-season, but I don't see him being activated until at least a few weeks after barring an injury or something.
49rangER
Senior
And1: 28

Post#3 » by 49rangER » Sun Sep 14, 2014 9:04 pm

clyde21 wrote:He'll start practicing by mid-season, but I don't see him being activated until at least a few weeks after barring an injury or something.

I can see them activating him on the very last day he has to be. I think he is good by now. I like thd patience with him. But I think he's ready. Incorporate him slowly into the games.

(previously h0ckeysk83r)
Dodub
General Manager
And1: 516

Post#4 » by Dodub » Sun Sep 14, 2014 10:38 pm

I hope he comes back at the end if the year. I'm rooting for him so much. Hyde will be the guy next year but we'll need a number 2 and 3 if Hunter comes back.

Return to San Francisco 49ers