ImageImageImageImageImage

Road Games after MNFB is BS

Moderators: CalamityX12, MHSL82

NinerSickness
Lead Assistant
And1: 339

Road Games after MNFB is BS 

Post#1 » by NinerSickness » Sun Oct 12, 2014 8:00 am

I don't know if it's possible to avoid it, but I think it's BS that NFL teams have to go on the road after MNFB. They have the disadvantage of having a short week already; going on the road is piling on.

Niners have to face the Broncos in Denver on a short week. That should be pretty brutal.
MHSL82
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 130

Re: Road Games after MNFB is BS 

Post#2 » by MHSL82 » Sun Oct 12, 2014 2:35 pm

Even though I feel we beat them close either way, we had that advantage against the Chiefs, including a home game before that. So the NFL has equally screwed many teams; they should change it to not screw any team.
Jikkle
Analyst
And1: 261

Post#3 » by Jikkle » Sun Oct 12, 2014 7:47 pm

NinerSickness wrote:I don't know if it's possible to avoid it, but I think it's BS that NFL teams have to go on the road after MNFB. They have the disadvantage of having a short week already; going on the road is piling on.

Niners have to face the Broncos in Denver on a short week. That should be pretty brutal.

At the least it's a Sunday nighter but they should at least try to have the Monday nighter at home instead of back to back road games.
NinerSickness
Lead Assistant
And1: 339

Post#4 » by NinerSickness » Mon Oct 20, 2014 3:09 am

Bump.
MHSL82
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#5 » by MHSL82 » Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:06 pm

I was thinking the other day, the NFL has basically said they wouldn't schedule a TNF game and then have them play say, MNF after that, because "that would be too short of a turn-around." But when a team plays on Sunday and then Thursday, it's the same time distance. Why is a Sunday-Thursday ok but Thursday-Monday ridiculous? Or am I wrong, do they have some Thursday-Monday back to backs?
MHSL82
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#6 » by MHSL82 » Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:09 pm

Jikkle wrote:
NinerSickness wrote:I don't know if it's possible to avoid it, but I think it's BS that NFL teams have to go on the road after MNFB. They have the disadvantage of having a short week already; going on the road is piling on.

At the least it's a Sunday nighter but they should at least try to have the Monday nighter at home instead of back to back road games.

I thought they could have scheduled the Broncos game on SNF and the victory over the Chiefs on MNF. It'd have some appeal by some. But the NFL wanted Manning to get the record on SNF - they guessed that he wouldn't do it last week.
CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,532

Post#7 » by CalamityX12 » Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:10 pm

well remember, IIRC, SNF gets flex after week 4 IIRC.... originally I'm not sure SF vs Den was for SNF.... again not sure I could be off.
The ModFather

My sports teams are currently experiencing suckiness. Please pardon the mess.

Return to San Francisco 49ers