Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 265

Re: GDT Niners at Daaa Bearssss 12/4/'16 Myles-Garrett Bowl 

Post#81 » by Ray_Dogg » Mon Dec 5, 2016 7:03 pm

Jikkle wrote:
Ray_Dogg wrote:
49er4life1979 wrote:
I think its more the players we are missing, although I am not a fan of Jim O'Neal. The team needs a NT, another ILB, and a pass rusher and we will be ok.

We need to be two deep at every position. Chip's scheme causes the defense to be on the field way too much. As a result too many players get hurt in addition to being exhausted. It's flawed before the game even starts. He needs to drastically change his philosophy. I read constantly how limited his playcalling is and how it is viewed around the league as a high school offense. They think he calls the same plays over and over. Sure this could be do to the fact we have **** at WR and QB but still look at how we don't throw deep to Torrey Smith? Why not play to a strength just a little bit.

The thing is that Kelly's scheme causing the defense to tire out hasn't been the issue for them this season. The problem is the run defense has been awful and they can't get themselves off the field.

The defense is getting shredded early in the game way before fatigue should be a factor for them. The offense could help by staying on the field longer and scoring points but it's not because they play too fast that the defense sucks.

Starting ILBs who should only ever play Special Teams along with an NT that should never see the field is the biggest problem with the defense right now. Whoever is GM next season has to address those positions through the draft and FA.

The offense isn't staying on the field and isn't scoring points. Correct. His scheme plays a role in that. This results in the defense being on the field too long. This was a problem even on the Eagles. We are last in the league in time of possession but 19th in offensive plays. The second half of games the offense regresses. There hasn't been adjustments and there is very little adaptation to the strength of this roster. This offense is playing fast but not as fast as he has in the past. With this poor of a defense you would think they would try and use more clock to keep them off the field. Offense is suppossed to be his strong point. I'm not seeing it. I see no dcoordinator that is any good signing up for this. It's a recipe for disaster.

Return to San Francisco 49ers