ImageImageImageImageImage

Nick, The Disappointment, Bosa

Moderators: CalamityX12, MHSL82

NinerSickness
Lead Assistant
And1: 339

Nick, The Disappointment, Bosa 

Post#1 » by NinerSickness » Mon May 27, 2019 7:36 am

Whad'ya think of that fora nickname? (no pun intended)

I hope this thread makes me look very, very stupid.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001031423/article/injuries-49ers-de-nick-bosa-injures-hamstring-in-otas

Pattersonca65
Analyst
And1: 208

Re: Nick, The Disappointment, Bosa 

Post#2 » by Pattersonca65 » Mon May 27, 2019 6:25 pm

Both rookies William's and Allen were hurt in OTAs. Overreaction time
NinerSickness
Lead Assistant

Post#3 » by NinerSickness » Tue May 28, 2019 1:39 am

Pattersonca65 wrote:Both rookies William's and Allen were hurt in OTAs. Overreaction time

The hamstring injury doesn't worry me much. It's no secret I've been the biggest Lynch hater on this forum for drafting Bosa, so it has nothing to do with this injury. But he deserved his own thread, and I'll either look like a genius, a dumbass or an a**hole in a couple of years (or a combination thereof).
Bingo_AlphaMan
General Manager
And1: 226

Post#4 » by Bingo_AlphaMan » Wed May 29, 2019 1:28 pm

If he remains healthy Bosa is going to be the DROY, however that’s a big if at the beginning of this sentence. Most people think that one of the Devin’s will end up earning the prize. At the end of the day it’s not about the DROY but more so who will end up wearing the yellow jacket 16/17 years from now. That man will be Q-Williams.
Pattersonca65
Analyst

Post#5 » by Pattersonca65 » Thu May 30, 2019 8:44 pm

NinerSickness wrote:
Pattersonca65 wrote:Both rookies William's and Allen were hurt in OTAs. Overreaction time

The hamstring injury doesn't worry me much. It's no secret I've been the biggest Lynch hater on this forum for drafting Bosa, so it has nothing to do with this injury. But he deserved his own thread, and I'll either look like a genius, a dumbass or an a**hole in a couple of years (or a combination thereof).

LOL. The GM and his staff get paid the big bucks. They cannot afford to miss on top draft picks forever or they will end up in the unemployment line soon enough
NinerSickness
Lead Assistant

Post#6 » by NinerSickness » Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:11 pm

Courtesy of CP from the offseason thread

Read on Twitter
Bingo_AlphaMan
General Manager

Post#7 » by Bingo_AlphaMan » Sun Jul 14, 2019 1:06 am

NICK BOSA
DL, SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS

49ers first-round DE Nick Bosa (hamstring) posted photos from a recent workout on his Instagram account.

Bosa was mostly a spectator during OTAs while working back from a hamstring injury, but appears to be on the mend. The second overall pick has said all along he'd be ready for the start of training camp later this month and it looks like he's on track to do just that. Bosa's older brother Joey (pictured in one of the workout photos posted to Instagram) took home Defensive Rookie of the Year honors in 2016 and Nick should have an excellent chance to follow in his footsteps.
SOURCE: NBC Sports Bay Area

Jul 12, 2019, 2:18 PM ET
justme400e
Junior
And1: 116

Post#8 » by justme400e » Fri Jul 26, 2019 12:48 am

I've had my doubts about him but since he's a Niner I'm supporting him. If he always ends up on the IR I'll be extremely pissed.
Tomikcon1971
Sixth Man
And1: 74

Post#9 » by Tomikcon1971 » Fri Jul 26, 2019 9:19 pm

Look, I have my reservations about Bosa and I was “Team Williams or Trade Back”. But he’s on the team and I’m not rooting against anyone on the team without giving them a fair chance.

I’d rather be wrong about him and finish at 10-6 than right and wind up at 6-10.

This team still has flaws. All teams have flaws but if you don’t think this roster is significantly better and deeper than 24 months ago.....well, then we’ll just respectfully disagree.

There’s a fine line between 4 wins and 12 wins in this league. If things break our way.....we could have a fun season. I’m always pulling for the latter.
XVI, XIX, XXIII, XXIV, XXIX, ????
Bingo_AlphaMan
General Manager

Post#10 » by Bingo_AlphaMan » Sat Jul 27, 2019 8:58 pm

Bingo_AlphaMan wrote:If he remains healthy Bosa is going to be the DROY, however that’s a big if at the beginning of this sentence. Most people think that one of the Devin’s will end up earning the prize. At the end of the day it’s not about the DROY but more so who will end up wearing the yellow jacket 16/17 years from now. That man will be Q-Williams.

https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/49ers/nfl-rumors-kyle-shanahan-john-lynch-have-demoralized-49ers-scouts
When San Francisco went on the clock with the No. 2 pick in the 2019 NFL Draft, some scouts reportedly wanted the team to consider Alabama defensive tackle Quinnen Williams (who ultimately went No. 3 overall), "but the choice was Ohio State defensive end Nick Bosa all the way."
I_am_1z
Starter
And1: 66

Post#11 » by I_am_1z » Sun Jul 28, 2019 12:37 am

Bingo_AlphaMan wrote:
Bingo_AlphaMan wrote:If he remains healthy Bosa is going to be the DROY, however that’s a big if at the beginning of this sentence. Most people think that one of the Devin’s will end up earning the prize. At the end of the day it’s not about the DROY but more so who will end up wearing the yellow jacket 16/17 years from now. That man will be Q-Williams.

https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/49ers/nfl-rumors-kyle-shanahan-john-lynch-have-demoralized-49ers-scouts
When San Francisco went on the clock with the No. 2 pick in the 2019 NFL Draft, some scouts reportedly wanted the team to consider Alabama defensive tackle Quinnen Williams (who ultimately went No. 3 overall), "but the choice was Ohio State defensive end Nick Bosa all the way."

I remember there were posters on here trying to blame Lynch for the Joe Williams pick when it was clearly shanny. This article puts that to bed. The appeal of Shanahan I do not understand.
CrimsonCrew
RealGM
And1: 968

Post#12 » by CrimsonCrew » Mon Jul 29, 2019 10:53 pm

Word thus far is that Bosa is having a strong camp. If they're comparable players, Bosa will be the better value for this team without a doubt. Williams has more upside, to be sure, but also greater bust potential (injury excepted, which I realize is not fair). I was very torn between Williams and Bosa, but at the end of the day, we've got to hope that Bosa pans out. He's a hard worker who understands the game and has some rare physical gifts to go along with it even if he lacks elite athleticism. If he can stay healthy, he should really help this team.
Pattersonca65
Analyst

Post#13 » by Pattersonca65 » Mon Jul 29, 2019 11:17 pm

CrimsonCrew wrote:Word thus far is that Bosa is having a strong camp. If they're comparable players, Bosa will be the better value for this team without a doubt. Williams has more upside, to be sure, but also greater bust potential (injury excepted, which I realize is not fair). I was very torn between Williams and Bosa, but at the end of the day, we've got to hope that Bosa pans out. He's a hard worker who understands the game and has some rare physical gifts to go along with it even if he lacks elite athleticism. If he can stay healthy, he should really help this team.

I would give the edge for the end who can rush the passer. If Williams ends up being the next Aaron Donald or someone in that elite category than the 49ers made a mistake. But if ends up being in the good category than it would have been a mistake as the last thing the team needs is another interior lineman
Bingo_AlphaMan
General Manager

Post#14 » by Bingo_AlphaMan » Sat Aug 3, 2019 10:45 pm

Bingo_AlphaMan
General Manager

Post#15 » by Bingo_AlphaMan » Wed Aug 7, 2019 9:19 pm

49ers Top Pick Bosa to Undergo MRI on Ankle

Wednesday's practice ended on a sour note for the San Francisco 49ers.

The Niners' first-round draft pick - and the No. 2 overall selection - Nick Bosa left practice with an injury, according to Eric Branch of the San Francisco Chronicle. Also injured during the session were corner Jason Verrett and receiver Marquise Goodwin.

Bosa and Verrett will undergo MRIs for ankle injuries, the team informed reporters. Goodwin later returned to practice.

It would be a substantial blow to the team if any of the three players have to miss a significant amount of time. Bosa figures to bookend Dee Ford on the Niners' defensive line, Goodwin is one of the team's top offensive weapons, and Verrett figures prominently in San Francisco's rotation at cornerback.
justme400e
Junior
And1: 116

Post#16 » by justme400e » Tue Aug 20, 2019 8:34 pm

I was hoping some team would want to trade up with the Niners and make a godfather offer but that didn't happen. I believe that he'll play well when he's healthy but will be injured a lot.
Pattersonca65
Analyst

Post#17 » by Pattersonca65 » Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:47 pm

justme400e wrote:I was hoping some team would want to trade up with the Niners and make a godfather offer but that didn't happen. I believe that he'll play well when he's healthy but will be injured a lot.

A defensive player rolled over his leg while he was on the ground. I think that could injure just about anyone. No one is going to make a godfather offer for anything other than a QB, certainly not for a defensive end.
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,361

Post#18 » by wco81 » Fri Aug 23, 2019 10:30 pm

Lynch said today that Bosa is 50-50 to play in week 1.
Bingo_AlphaMan
General Manager

Post#19 » by Bingo_AlphaMan » Sat Aug 24, 2019 3:47 pm

49ers’ Lynch: Nick Bosa ‘50-50’ for season opener

https://www.thescore.com/nfl/news/1817643
Bingo_AlphaMan
General Manager

Post#20 » by Bingo_AlphaMan » Sat Aug 24, 2019 4:07 pm