ImageImageImageImageImage

Emmanuel Sanders a 49er

Moderators: MHSL82, CalamityX12

49er4life1979
Pro Prospect
And1: 35

Emmanuel Sanders a 49er 

Post#1 » by 49er4life1979 » Wed Oct 23, 2019 1:27 am

49ers trade 3rd and 4th round picks in 2020 to the Broncos for Emmanuel Sanders and a 5th rounder. So now, the 49ers do not have a 2nd, 3rd, and 4th next year. Did they overspend? Also, could they get a 3rd rounder back by trading Solomon Thomas?
NinerSickness
Lead Assistant
And1: 339

Re: Emmanuel Sanders a 49er 

Post#2 » by NinerSickness » Wed Oct 23, 2019 1:34 am

49er4life1979 wrote:49ers trade 3rd and 4th round picks in 2020 to the Broncos for Emmanuel Sanders and a 5th rounder. So now, the 49ers do not have a 2nd, 3rd, and 4th next year. Did they overspend? Also, could they get a 3rd rounder back by trading Solomon Thomas?

WTF????? A 3rd & a 4th??? :noway:

I get that they think they're gonna make a SB push, and I guess it's all worth it if they win it all, but that's an obscene price. Niners already have a couple of 2nd-tier WRs.
Dodub
General Manager
And1: 516

Post#3 » by Dodub » Wed Oct 23, 2019 1:36 am

NinerSickness wrote:
49er4life1979 wrote:49ers trade 3rd and 4th round picks in 2020 to the Broncos for Emmanuel Sanders and a 5th rounder. So now, the 49ers do not have a 2nd, 3rd, and 4th next year. Did they overspend? Also, could they get a 3rd rounder back by trading Solomon Thomas?

WTF????? A 3rd & a 4th??? :noway:

I get that they think they're gonna make a SB push, and I guess it's all worth it if they win it all, but that's an obscene price. Niners already have a couple of 2nd-tier WRs.

It’s pretty much just a 3rd
Bald Bull
Veteran
And1: 155

Post#4 » by Bald Bull » Wed Oct 23, 2019 2:02 am

yea, from what looks like it will likely be a pick at the bottom of the 4th to the top half of the 5th. It's like we basically moved back a couple spots.
Bald Bull
Veteran
And1: 155

Post#5 » by Bald Bull » Wed Oct 23, 2019 2:04 am

Sanders has the 3rd most catchable passes with out a drop behind fitz and sutton.
Read on Twitter
NinerSickness
Lead Assistant
And1: 339

Post#6 » by NinerSickness » Wed Oct 23, 2019 2:43 am

The SB is going to go through the Patriots. There's only 1 way to beat the Patriots: an absolutely legendary, demoralizing defense & a running game. Belichick is going to exploit any QB out there; you have to win in a low-scoring game.

Niners should have made a push for Jalen Ramsey instead of a WR IMO.

I don't like this gamble one bit. It makes the team better, but I still don't like their chances. Hope I'm wrong.
I_am_1z
Starter
And1: 66

Post#7 » by I_am_1z » Wed Oct 23, 2019 3:26 am

Yet another dumb move that has Shanahan's fingerprints all over it. Why are we slowing down the development of Pettis, Hurd, and Deebo? How about Shanny gets Jimmy to throw the ball accurately and timely to our WRs instead of panicking ?
CrimsonCrew
RealGM
And1: 968

Post#8 » by CrimsonCrew » Wed Oct 23, 2019 4:05 am

This is hard for me to admit, but...sigh...I agree with Sick. :lol:

This was a short-sighted move, IMO, and came at the cost of a pick/s that we need. It is EXTREMELY disappointing that we walked out of the draft with Deebo and Hurd instead of, say, Brown and McLaurin (which would have been my picks in those respective rounds if we were determined to go WR). It's early in the careers of those two guys, but they had injury issues in college and are having them in the NFL. We needed one or two of those three high picks to step up, and no one has. That's a real indictment of the FO.
SalemStoner
Veteran
And1: 82

Post#9 » by SalemStoner » Wed Oct 23, 2019 12:08 pm

Would rather have seen us go after AJ Green than Sanders or Ramsey. I would gladly have given up a 1st for him. Sanders will help make Garoppolo’s life immensely I suspect.

I think for the price(a 3rd and dropping from a 4th to a 5th next season vs two 1sts and a 4th), Sanders will do more to improve us. With our fb out for a few weeks, we’ll be running more 3wr sets than normal.
Pattersonca65
Analyst
And1: 208

Post#10 » by Pattersonca65 » Wed Oct 23, 2019 4:34 pm

I like Sanders but the price is a bit high for me. If it was just a 4th round straight up I would have felt a better about it. A 3rd is to high for me given we don't have a 2nd next year. I would not trade two first round picks for Ramsey. Far too much. If the Rams don't win a Super Bowl over the next couple of years they are going to regret this trade.
Pattersonca65
Analyst
And1: 208

Post#11 » by Pattersonca65 » Wed Oct 23, 2019 4:36 pm

SalemStoner wrote:Would rather have seen us go after AJ Green than Sanders or Ramsey. I would gladly have given up a 1st for him. Sanders will help make Garoppolo’s life immensely I suspect.

I think for the price(a 3rd and dropping from a 4th to a 5th next season vs two 1sts and a 4th), Sanders will do more to improve us. With our fb out for a few weeks, we’ll be running more 3wr sets than normal.

I would not give up a 1st for AJ Green with his age and injury history.
Jikkle
Analyst
And1: 263

Post#12 » by Jikkle » Wed Oct 23, 2019 4:40 pm

NinerSickness wrote:The SB is going to go through the Patriots. There's only 1 way to beat the Patriots: an absolutely legendary, demoralizing defense & a running game. Belichick is going to exploit any QB out there; you have to win in a low-scoring game.

Niners should have made a push for Jalen Ramsey instead of a WR IMO.

I don't like this gamble one bit. It makes the team better, but I still don't like their chances. Hope I'm wrong.

If we're just talking about the Pats than the 9ers have everything they need on defense right now to shut down the Pat's offense.

Brady has his toughest time when you can rush 4 and drop everyone else into coverage and given Brady's age and the Pats offensive line not being great this season it would probably be another game like Denver AFC championship game a few years back.

The Pats don't have anybody at receiver that requires a guy like Ramsey to shut down. Where Ramsey would help is against a team like the Saints who have Micheal Thomas so having a guy that could shut him down would be handy.

I don't love the trade but I do like it the more I dig into it. The 9ers have a legit shot at the SB now and WR was a weak spot for the team. Sanders becomes the best WR on the team and they desperately needed that dependable savvy vet that can be a leader and be a security blanket for a QB. I still like Pettis and Deebo but would you really trust those guys on 3rd and 6 over Sanders in a key situation? I know I wouldn't yet. Considering Taylor and Hurd are both on the IR we don't know if they'll be back so you just can't hang your hat on them being back this season. Hopefully at least one comes back but you have to operate on the notion of them not coming back until they do.

With teams focusing on stopping the run and Shanahan dialing up the plays I think Sanders will put up some pretty nice numbers for the team if he stays healthy.
Bingo_AlphaMan
General Manager
And1: 226

Post#13 » by Bingo_AlphaMan » Wed Oct 23, 2019 5:25 pm

Pattersonca65 wrote:
SalemStoner wrote:Would rather have seen us go after AJ Green than Sanders or Ramsey. I would gladly have given up a 1st for him. Sanders will help make Garoppolo’s life immensely I suspect.

A first for Green is indeed a high price to pay for an aging WR. However, the more I think of it the more I agree with SalemStoner on this one. Sometimes you have to overpay to get something in return - that return is an immediate SB run. HOWEVER!! I would ask Bengals for a conditional 3rd round pick in return if Green were to play less than 65% of his games by the end of 2020. The ONLY reason why Green is not an ideal pick for us now is only because he's injured. How far along is he in his rehab to get back on the field this year? Green would singlehandedly cause our other receivers to because consistent threats in scoring at will (one on one coverage, Pettis/James/Goodwin).

I just don't see a draft prospect (other than Trey Smith) at the end of round 1 in next year's draft that would bring more value to us than an aging A.J. Green at this point. I just don't see the immediate result you'd get from a rookie. It's fair to say that we're no longer in a "rebuilding mode" anymore and we need to make our moves NOW!!
a8bil
Analyst
And1: 1,677

Post#14 » by a8bil » Wed Oct 23, 2019 5:36 pm

I_am_1z wrote:Yet another dumb move that has Shanahan's fingerprints all over it. Why are we slowing down the development of Pettis, Hurd, and Deebo? How about Shanny gets Jimmy to throw the ball accurately and timely to our WRs instead of panicking ?
But I was going to ask...who does this impact? I'm with you that I don't want to see these players regress, but for me, the jury is is back on Goodwin, and despite the great speed, in my view he's expendable. Hands are too unreliable. If he is in the chopping block as a result of this move, I'm in favor of it.
ChrisPozz
RealGM
And1: 450

Post#15 » by ChrisPozz » Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:02 pm

Bingo_AlphaMan wrote:
Pattersonca65 wrote:

A first for Green is indeed a high price to pay for an aging WR. However, the more I think of it the more I agree with SalemStoner on this one. Sometimes you have to overpay to get something in return - that return is an immediate SB run. HOWEVER!! I would ask Bengals for a conditional 3rd round pick in return if Green were to play less than 65% of his games by the end of 2020. The ONLY reason why Green is not an ideal pick for us now is only because he's injured. How far along is he in his rehab to get back on the field this year? Green would singlehandedly cause our other receivers to because consistent threats in scoring at will (one on one coverage, Pettis/James/Goodwin).

I just don't see a draft prospect (other than Trey Smith) at the end of round 1 in next year's draft that would bring more value to us than an aging A.J. Green at this point. I just don't see the immediate result you'd get from a rookie. It's fair to say that we're no longer in a "rebuilding mode" anymore and we need to make our moves NOW!!

Off topic for everyone, and I hate to do it here, but Bingo, go check out the offers I sent you in Sharks as soon as you can and hit me back up on there with some answers. Preferably before Thursday if you can. I sent three.
Bingo_AlphaMan
General Manager
And1: 226

Post#16 » by Bingo_AlphaMan » Fri Oct 25, 2019 3:33 pm

ChrisPozz wrote:
Bingo_AlphaMan wrote:
Pattersonca65 wrote:

Off topic for everyone, and I hate to do it here, but Bingo, go check out the offers I sent you in Sharks as soon as you can and hit me back up on there with some answers. Preferably before Thursday if you can. I sent three.

Hey Pozz, reviewed all three offers. Honestly, I’m looking for quality instead of quantity. It looks good on paper but those are the types of proposals that has gotten me in trouble in years past. Especially in our league. Going to have to decline. Thanks though.
dr3am
RealGM
And1: 10,485

Post#17 » by dr3am » Sat Oct 26, 2019 6:10 pm

:lol: :crazy: Some of y’all think “developing” receivers is going to beat teams like the Packers or Saints Granted we make the playoffs... I’ve never followed Sanders but I like the move by Kyle & Lynch.. We’re 6-0 with a chance to possibly go 7-0 tomorrow. The Quest for Six needs to become a reality, not just another slogan.
Dodub
General Manager
And1: 516

Post#18 » by Dodub » Sun Oct 27, 2019 4:08 pm

Do folks ever stop and consider the fact that maybe they’re just wrong? I remember folks throwing similar fits this offseason because we didn’t break the bank to go after high priced (or high pick) defensive backs. They were told over and over again to let our current guys have a real chance with an actual pass rush in front of them and now look at them.
Samurai
General Manager
And1: 2,899

Post#19 » by Samurai » Mon Oct 28, 2019 3:59 am

Really happy with Sanders' first game as a Niner. Having a receiver who is very tough - not afraid of contact going over the middle - with outstanding hands should really improve the Red Zone offense. Still seems to have the same quickness in that he can get in and out of his cuts without slowing down, which is critical to the timing Jimmy G needs. May not have the same straight ahead speed he had when he was younger but the team doesn't rely on throwing a lot of deep balls anyway. Expecting more good things from him the rest of this season.
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,422

Post#20 » by wco81 » Fri Nov 1, 2019 2:57 pm

Big game by Sanders in Jimmys best game as 49er.

They’re going for the SB but Packers, Saints are formidable obstacles in the NFC. May have to score to beat those teams.

And if Kyler Murray can score 25 on the 49ers, what will Wilson put up?

Return to San Francisco 49ers