ImageImageImageImageImage

RAMS GAME NOTES

Moderators: MHSL82, CalamityX12

49er4life1979
Pro Prospect
And1: 35

RAMS GAME NOTES 

Post#1 » by 49er4life1979 » Mon Nov 30, 2020 1:04 pm

Great to sweep the Rams AGAIN! Love it!....Finally, Kinlaw starting to look like a beast the last two games. A pick 6 even! The one guy we might have a very difficult time keeping next year which would suck is Hyder. He is balling and I am afraid if he keeps it up he will price himself out with our cap constraints. Unless we get rid of Ford?
Samurai
General Manager
And1: 2,898

Re: RAMS GAME NOTES 

Post#2 » by Samurai » Mon Nov 30, 2020 6:42 pm

What stood out to me was our O-line play. The run blocking seemed pretty good in the first half and disappeared after halftime. Pass blocking has been a problem all year and really becomes blatant when a Kryptonian like Aaron Donald shows up. Donald was blowing up plays even when double-teamed. Seems that some serious attention needs to be given to this area in the off-season and draft, particularly upgrading McGlinchey's spot. For all the discussion about our quarterback situation, no one will be successful as our QB if we cannot/will not protect him.
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,383

Post#3 » by wco81 » Mon Nov 30, 2020 8:26 pm

49er4life1979 wrote:Great to sweep the Rams AGAIN! Love it!....Finally, Kinlaw starting to look like a beast the last two games. A pick 6 even! The one guy we might have a very difficult time keeping next year which would suck is Hyder. He is balling and I am afraid if he keeps it up he will price himself out with our cap constraints. Unless we get rid of Ford?

On that play, it looked like the entire DL got good push, collapsed the pocket and got pressure on Goff as he released the ball.

But Kinlaw was the only one still at the line of scrimmage, in fact maybe a yard downfield.

I don't know if that was the intent on that rush, or he just failed to make a push.

Very heads up for a rookie to see that pass coming but I wonder if it wasn't the result of him failing to get a good rush on that play.

I'm curious about his PFF grades throughout the season. I think he has one sack? Not sure about pressures or tackles, TFLs, etc.
Samurai
General Manager
And1: 2,898

Post#4 » by Samurai » Mon Nov 30, 2020 8:31 pm

wco81 wrote:
49er4life1979 wrote:Great to sweep the Rams AGAIN! Love it!....Finally, Kinlaw starting to look like a beast the last two games. A pick 6 even! The one guy we might have a very difficult time keeping next year which would suck is Hyder. He is balling and I am afraid if he keeps it up he will price himself out with our cap constraints. Unless we get rid of Ford?

On that play, it looked like the entire DL got good push, collapsed the pocket and got pressure on Goff as he released the ball.

But Kinlaw was the only one still at the line of scrimmage, in fact maybe a yard downfield.

I don't know if that was the intent on that rush, or he just failed to make a push.

Very heads up for a rookie to see that pass coming but I wonder if it wasn't the result of him failing to get a good rush on that play.

I'm curious about his PFF grades throughout the season. I think he has one sack? Not sure about pressures or tackles, TFLs, etc.

When I re-watched that play, it looked like he started his rush but clearly stopped and dropped off. Sure made it look to me like he was reading screen, if so that was a very heady play worthy of a cagey veteran.
dr3am
RealGM
And1: 10,485

Post#5 » by dr3am » Mon Nov 30, 2020 10:44 pm

I just wanna know if Aaron Donald knows who Deebo Samuel is now :D

Return to San Francisco 49ers