Post#221 » by thesack12 » Mon Nov 1, 2021 4:10 pm

Read on Twitter

I'm kind of surprised Kaep never did it
Pattersonca65
Analyst
And1: 208

Re: 49ers vs. Bears 

Post#222 » by Pattersonca65 » Mon Nov 1, 2021 4:31 pm

Jikkle wrote:Tale of two halves with the 1st half looking like they have had most of the season with the second finally breaking out of a funk offensively.

The execution was sloppy in the first half offensively but that long pass at the end of the half to Deebo seems like it started to wake them up and finally that 83 yarder he had really got things going.

Seemed like Shanahan found his groove as well as this was probably his best called game of the season and I don't really recall any plays he called that really had me scratching my head.

Defensively they were just so so. I don't think it was a terrible performance but they were not as sharp as they should've been.

I think you tip your hat to the Bears at least for having a pretty good plan offensively and playing towards Field's strengths. I think they were different enough on offense it threw a curve to Ryans who to his credit seem to make the adjustments at the half. Makes you question how much of the problem is Nagy with them.

The run defense was suspect and for some reason they seemed to completely forget what they did against Murray earlier this season and let the Fields have too many opportunities to run. Feels to me the team is really missing Greenlaw to help along with Warner to get these guys at the LOS.

Pass defense was fine for once. They were too soft on 3rd down but it's not like Fields was shredding them through the air either. Still have to hold my breath every time I see a deep shot but thankfully that was an issue today.

Good to get the win and stave off the negativity that was building for the past month but given it's the Cards and Rams the next two games that might not last long.

I thought the pass defense was poor in the first half. The cornerbacks were playing to soft and Bosa was the only one out their getting pressure. The Bears must have converted every third down play for a first down, It was really frustrating to watch. I was having flashbacks of Jin O'Neil
CrimsonCrew
RealGM
And1: 961

Post#223 » by CrimsonCrew » Mon Nov 1, 2021 4:42 pm

Realized I was posting actively when the game was going well, then disappeared as things turned around. That was mostly a product of, you know, life intervening with posting. As I've seen noted, a real tale of two halves here, with the team looking lethargic and off-rhythm on both sides of the ball in the first half. They really turned it around in the second half, with both offense and defense looking markedly better. Let's hope it's a momentum shift that applies the season as a whole, and not just one game.

This offense still has talent, especially if Aiyuk can get untracked. Once Kittle comes back, we should be able to rival almost any team in terms of top three receiving threats, as long as Deebo can stay healthy. Garoppolo started out poorly, missing his throws, exposing his players with high throws over the middle, etc., but he bounced back with some solid play, especially that excellent deep ball to Samuel. One of his best deep throws to be sure. Mitchell was making plays. Deebo was generally great. It all clicked.

Defense is still a concern for me. The Bears are bad on offense, and they moved on us at will in the first half. Other than Bosa, seemed like no one was getting pressure in the first half, though they turned it around a bit in the second. Finally say Ebukam making some positive plays. We need more of that.

We're still very much alive in the wild card, though it will be tough sledding with four division games left. We shall see. I still think the only way we'll actually be in the hunt this year is by getting Lance up to speed. It's a longshot, but I can't see us knocking off the top teams in the conference without that.
Samurai
General Manager
And1: 2,898

Post#224 » by Samurai » Mon Nov 1, 2021 5:26 pm

Agree that defense is still a concern; if we can't get to the QB, bad things are typically going to happen in the secondary. But on the flip side, it was really encouraging to see our oft-maligned OLine play so well, especially against a top ten defense like the Bears. Mitchell had some great blocking in front of him and Jimmy was able to stay upright and uninjured throughout the game. And our blocking can only get better with Kittle in the mix. If our OLine continues to play like this, we should be hanging around in games even if our defense might sputter.
49er4life1979
Pro Prospect
And1: 35

Post#225 » by 49er4life1979 » Mon Nov 1, 2021 5:59 pm

<Defense is still a concern for me. The Bears are bad on offense, and they moved on us at will in the first half. Other than Bosa, seemed like no one was getting pressure in the first half, though they turned it around a bit in the second. Finally say Ebukam making some positive plays. We need more of that. >>

Agreed. We need more pressure up the middle. Arik Armstead where are you? They kept you over Buck. Thus far, you havent lived up to it.

Return to San Francisco 49ers