ImageImageImageImageImage

49ers vs. Vikings

Moderators: MHSL82, CalamityX12

CrimsonCrew
RealGM
And1: 962

Re: 49ers vs. Vikings 

Post#321 » by CrimsonCrew » Mon Nov 29, 2021 12:33 am

Phew! That was too close. Big win for wildcard standings.
thesack12
RealGM
And1: 2,241

Post#322 » by thesack12 » Mon Nov 29, 2021 12:33 am

Shoo!

That was more dramatic than it should have been, but it turned out right.

Monster win today boys
zman1
Pro Prospect
And1: 128

Post#323 » by zman1 » Mon Nov 29, 2021 12:34 am

thesack12 wrote:Shoo!

That was more dramatic than it should have been, but it turned out right.

Monster win today boys
Absolutely. We still have a chance.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk
arich35
General Manager
And1: 819

Post#324 » by arich35 » Mon Nov 29, 2021 12:35 am

Huge win, especially with the injuries likely hurting us next week in Seattle
Dodub
General Manager
And1: 516

Post#325 » by Dodub » Mon Nov 29, 2021 12:35 am

Awesome game!!!
thesack12
RealGM
And1: 2,241

Post#326 » by thesack12 » Mon Nov 29, 2021 12:42 am

Jimmy started off very erratic, but he settled down and ended up having a decent game.

Lot of guys on offense had a good game. Mitchell was huge, Deebo was solid. Aiyuk was big in the 1st half, and Jennings with a nice showing. O-line was bad with pass protection but was great with run blocking. And shout out to Trent Sherfield for making that clutch 1st down grab on the final possession that allowed them to burn another 5+ minutes of clock. If they don't convert that 3rd down, Vikings get the ball back with good field position and 7 minutes remaining.

Also, MONSTER game for Al-Shaair with an INT, fumble recovery, 8 tackles, and a pass defensed
Jikkle
Analyst
And1: 263

Post#327 » by Jikkle » Mon Nov 29, 2021 2:41 am

Good win against what I considered to be a quality opponent.

Had a "here we go again" moment with the offense with Jimmy struggling and the offense as a whole looking like it did during the losing streak but glad they figured it out and ripped off a nice drive to end the half and carried that on for the rest of the game.

Defense was up and down as it has been all season. They made some plays that were impactful and made some plays that almost cost us the game. DB definitely has to be a point of emphasis going forward through free agency or the draft.

Overall the win gives them a firm standing for a wildcard spot and some of the other results further bolstered that like the Saints losing Thursday along with the Eagles and Panthers losing today.

Still need to win most of the games going forward but at least they can afford to take an L or two and still get in.
CrimsonCrew
RealGM

Post#328 » by CrimsonCrew » Mon Nov 29, 2021 5:17 pm

Jikkle wrote:Good win against what I considered to be a quality opponent.

Had a "here we go again" moment with the offense with Jimmy struggling and the offense as a whole looking like it did during the losing streak but glad they figured it out and ripped off a nice drive to end the half and carried that on for the rest of the game.

Defense was up and down as it has been all season. They made some plays that were impactful and made some plays that almost cost us the game. DB definitely has to be a point of emphasis going forward through free agency or the draft.

Overall the win gives them a firm standing for a wildcard spot and some of the other results further bolstered that like the Saints losing Thursday along with the Eagles and Panthers losing today.

Still need to win most of the games going forward but at least they can afford to take an L or two and still get in.

Big part of what kills me about this FO is that this has been the case for years, and we kept using a band-aid approach. We should have been adding CBs in particular in every draft, including at least a few picks on the first two days. Instead, we took Witherspoon in the third in their first year, and then basically nothing until taking Ambry Thomas this year. I also can't believe that DJ Reed (their next-highest pick at the position in the 5th round) is effectively the one guy this regime gave up on for injury reasons before giving him like eight chances to show something....
Pattersonca65
Analyst
And1: 208

Post#329 » by Pattersonca65 » Wed Dec 1, 2021 5:23 pm

CrimsonCrew wrote:

Big part of what kills me about this FO is that this has been the case for years, and we kept using a band-aid approach. We should have been adding CBs in particular in every draft, including at least a few picks on the first two days. Instead, we took Witherspoon in the third in their first year, and then basically nothing until taking Ambry Thomas this year. I also can't believe that DJ Reed (their next-highest pick at the position in the 5th round) is effectively the one guy this regime gave up on for injury reasons before giving him like eight chances to show something....

Sermon to me was a waste of a pick. Especially with the emergence of Mitchell. Could have taken a DB with that pick
CrimsonCrew
RealGM

Post#330 » by CrimsonCrew » Wed Dec 1, 2021 10:17 pm

Pattersonca65 wrote:
CrimsonCrew wrote:

Sermon to me was a waste of a pick. Especially with the emergence of Mitchell. Could have taken a DB with that pick

Yeah, I hated that pick, though I thought Sermon would be much better than he has been to date. Too high for a RB in this system (and probably any system), and especially to trade up to do it. One of the great curiosities of this FO is the resources they have sunk into the RB position (huge contract for Juice, though I at least partially get that one as he's a unique player; huge contract for McKinnon, pretty sizable contract for Coleman, traded up into the third round twice) despite getting excellent production from virtual nobodies (Mostert, Mitchell, Breida, Wilson, etc.).
Jikkle
Analyst
And1: 263

Post#331 » by Jikkle » Sat Dec 4, 2021 5:25 am

Pattersonca65 wrote:
CrimsonCrew wrote:

Didn't love the pick either but I'll hold off on calling it a waste.

My guess is Sermon was picked for a plan shift to incorporate more power running into the offense and I think we'll see that more when Banks and Lance are starting.

I think the vision was Mitchell handles more of the zone runs and Sermon handles more of the power runs but I think that's shelved until next season.

Return to San Francisco 49ers