CrimsonCrew
RealGM
And1: 961

Re: 49ers vs. Los Angeles Rams 

Post#361 » by CrimsonCrew » Mon Jan 10, 2022 12:41 am

arich35 wrote:
wco81 wrote:Wow, dumb pass.

When it was in the air I could have sworn Thomas was going to misplay it

I saw him coming back and was like, "NOOOOOO!!!" But he played it perfectly. The kid deserves credit. He's made huge strides over the past few weeks. He could be a legit starter next year.
clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,219

Post#362 » by clyde21 » Mon Jan 10, 2022 12:41 am

arich35 wrote:Holy **** we win!!!

Now we have to face Dallas, would have rather tied lol

i want dallas
RIPskaterdude
RealGM
And1: 36,518

Post#363 » by RIPskaterdude » Mon Jan 10, 2022 12:41 am

Such a bad throw. A better one is probably a TD
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,298

Post#364 » by wco81 » Mon Jan 10, 2022 12:43 am

Man I want to see the highlights but NBC Sports Bay Area just has a lot of talk no highlights in their post game show.
zman1
Pro Prospect
And1: 128

Post#365 » by zman1 » Mon Jan 10, 2022 12:43 am

RIPskaterdude wrote:Such a bad throw. A better one is probably a TD
Epic comeback.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk
Samurai
General Manager
And1: 2,898

Post#366 » by Samurai » Mon Jan 10, 2022 12:45 am

CrimsonCrew wrote:
arich35 wrote:
wco81 wrote:Wow, dumb pass.

When it was in the air I could have sworn Thomas was going to misplay it

I saw him coming back and was like, "NOOOOOO!!!" But he played it perfectly. The kid deserves credit. He's made huge strides over the past few weeks. He could be a legit starter next year.

I know! Once the receiver got behind him I thought we were cooked! Obviously Ambry was reading the ball perfectly.
TheMonarch
Sophomore
And1: 21

Post#367 » by TheMonarch » Mon Jan 10, 2022 12:49 am

I take back everything thing I said, lol
zman1
Pro Prospect
And1: 128

Post#368 » by zman1 » Mon Jan 10, 2022 12:50 am

That was incredible. One of the best victories ever.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk
wco81
RealGM

Post#369 » by wco81 » Mon Jan 10, 2022 12:54 am

Andy Lee bungling a punt to give the Seahawks the go-ahead TD over the Cards.
TheMonarch
Sophomore
And1: 21

Post#370 » by TheMonarch » Mon Jan 10, 2022 12:55 am

This team has grit.
Jikkle
Analyst
And1: 261

Post#371 » by Jikkle » Mon Jan 10, 2022 1:02 am

Best win of the year as the team showed a lot of heart and guts for once. I was pretty close to turning it off at half-time too but glad I stuck with it.

I'm still critical for Kyle starting Jimmy though as it's clear he's not 100% out there. Credit to Jimmy for making some key completions but on the flip side ​he almost threw the game away as well.

Unless Jimmy's thumb improves this week I'd still strongly consider starting Lance over him as pretty much what Jimmy did this game Lance could do but with the added benefit of boosting the run game and stretching the field.

Because let's face it part of the reason for the win was the Ram's choked and you can't count on being down 17 and coming back.

Overall though a win is a win and the playoffs are the playoffs so as a fan I can't complain about that and I'm glad they didn't end up wasting a developmental season for Lance by not making the playoffs.
RIPskaterdude
RealGM
And1: 36,518

Post#372 » by RIPskaterdude » Mon Jan 10, 2022 1:08 am

A win is a win, especially how it started. But they can't mix in Lance for a play or two?
wco81
RealGM

Post#373 » by wco81 » Mon Jan 10, 2022 1:11 am

TheMonarch wrote:This team has grit.

Well if they did, they'd have 2-3 more wins and they'd probably could have won the division.
arich35
General Manager
And1: 819

Post#374 » by arich35 » Mon Jan 10, 2022 1:14 am

RIPskaterdude wrote:A win is a win, especially how it started. But they can't mix in Lance for a play or two?

I think Kyle is just afraid to ruin the rhythm. Jimmy is very much a rhythm QB
wco81
RealGM

Post#375 » by wco81 » Mon Jan 10, 2022 1:15 am

Jikkle wrote:
I'm still critical for Kyle starting Jimmy though as it's clear he's not 100% out there. Credit to Jimmy for making some key completions but on the flip side ​he almost threw the game away as well.

Unless Jimmy's thumb improves this week I'd still strongly consider starting Lance over him as pretty much what Jimmy did this game Lance could do but with the added benefit of boosting the run game and stretching the field.

Jimmy was shaky in the first half. But he settled down and was throwing bullets. He threw a fastball that went through Deebo's hands at the goal line. Then the next play, he threw the TD to Jennings to tie the game.

He also threw a pick throwing to a covered Kittle near the goal line but the ball was deflected. He shouldn't have thrown it but his accuracy, velocity and timing was good most of the second half and OT. Hit Jennings a few more times in the OT drive, again on time, great ball placement to convert a first down.

It might be an indication though that as poorly as Jimmy played in the first half, Kyle didn't go to Trey and that may be tipping off that Trey simply isn't ready.
CrimsonCrew
RealGM

Post#376 » by CrimsonCrew » Mon Jan 10, 2022 7:09 pm

Re: Shanahan and some of the critiques that were flying around here when we looked certain to lose (including my own), one important thing to consider in terms of Shanahan and Lynch is the buy-in they get from the players. By all accounts, we have an excellent locker room. The guys seem to get along, they put in the work, and there's no quit to them. Now, we may have late breakdowns that cost us games, but it's not from guys giving up. And we've taken on some reclamation projects - Arden Key the most prominent - that have worked out really well.

That obviously doesn't eliminate some of Shanahan's less-than-stellar elements, but there's little doubt that, if he was on the hot seat, he's off it for at least another year following this win. Unless we have an outright collapse against Dallas.
wco81
RealGM

Post#377 » by wco81 » Mon Jan 10, 2022 7:29 pm

CrimsonCrew wrote:RUnless we have an outright collapse against Dallas.

I don't know about a collapse but Dallas plays right into the 49ers strengths and weaknesses.

For instance, they still have 3 good WRs who win often in Cooper, Lamb and Wilson.

I don't know how many times Prescott has been sacked or hit this year but they have a lot of first-round OL talent so they're a threat in then running and passing game.

Prescott is also mobile enough though he tends to extend plays than take off.

So it may not be as easy for the 49ers DL to cover over for the secondary. They also blitzed Warner and one of the other LBs a few times, even sending both at least once.

I don't know about their defense other than they have some edge rushers and a ball-hawking CB.

Did either Ka'waun or Trent Williams play? 49ers need both of them back and of course, no additions to the covid list.
CrimsonCrew
RealGM

Post#378 » by CrimsonCrew » Mon Jan 10, 2022 8:39 pm

wco81 wrote:

I don't know about a collapse but Dallas plays right into the 49ers strengths and weaknesses.

For instance, they still have 3 good WRs who win often in Cooper, Lamb and Wilson.

I don't know how many times Prescott has been sacked or hit this year but they have a lot of first-round OL talent so they're a threat in then running and passing game.

So it may not be as easy for the 49ers DL to cover over for the secondary. They also blitzed Warner and one of the other LBs a few times, even sending both at least once.

I don't know about their defense other than they have some edge rushers and a ball-hawking CB.

Did either Ka'waun or Trent Williams play? 49ers need both of them back and of course, no additions to the covid list.

If Moseley stays healthy and Thomas keeps playing well, our CBs are not the huge liability they've been most of the season. Moseley certainly isn't elite, but he's a solid corner who can match up pretty well with the Cowboys' bigger receivers. And Thomas has really made some strides over the past few weeks. Getting Williams back will be big, can't have Dontae Johnson out there covering Lamb. But this defensive backfield is a lot better than it was even three weeks ago (hopefully Tartt can play).

The Cowboys have been completely bipolar lately. Huge offensive outputs in week 16 and 18, but Philly wasn't playing to win this weekend, and they got beaten fairly handily by a floundering Cards team in between those games. They haven't run the ball all that effectively lately, and their last big win came against the Saints back in week 13 (granted they've only had one potentially big game since then). They ran well in that game against a Saints team that is really good against the run, but 91 of their 146 yards came on two plays, 33 of it by a WR not named Deebo Samuel. That suggests that particular performance was more fluky than something they can rely upon.

We absolutely can't take the Cowboys lightly. They have one of the better offenses in NFL history. But this is absolutely a team that we can beat. I'm really looking forward to it. Our DL will have to come to play.
Samurai
General Manager
And1: 2,898

Post#379 » by Samurai » Tue Jan 11, 2022 1:05 am

wco81 wrote:

Having Moseley and Thomas as our corners at least gives me hope that they can be competitive, which is a whole lot more than earlier in the season when we were heavily relying on Norman, Lenoir and the still green version of Thomas. If we can get K'Waun back, which appears iffy, then our secondary will be as healthy as they've been since game 1 when we lost Verrett. Shanahan said that it is "possible" that K'Waun, Hufanga and Al-Shaair could be back.

Really hope we can get Trent Williams back; that would be huge.

And while Dallas has a good OL, they are a bit soft in the middle. And the middle of our DL, led by DJ Jones and Armstead, seemed to be living in the Rams' backfield yesterday. I think our DL could make any OL and QB very uncomfortable. Arden Key and even Ebukam seem to be taking advantage of the attention that Bosa draws on his side.
wco81
RealGM

Post#380 » by wco81 » Tue Jan 11, 2022 2:05 am

If KW isn't back after one week on the covid list, something is going on.

Return to San Francisco 49ers