Re: Week 13: 49ers @ Eagles 

Post#461 » by 49er4life1979 » Mon Dec 4, 2023 1:37 am

Jikkle wrote:
zman1 wrote:
zman1 wrote:Looks that way now but a long way to go

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk
Like I said.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk

Eagles are still the last team I want to see in the playoffs.

If they went up 14-0 in the first we could've seen a very different outcome.

But the offensive line bounced back and held up just enough to exploit the Eagles piss poor second level.

Defensively the coverage was way way better than expected as the Eagles offensive line managed our defensive line like I feared but Hurts hardly had anything due to the coverage.

Great play by the secondary for sure. Mooney Ward 4 pass break ups, Ambry Thomas 3. Secondary has in fact been playing great for weeks now. I guess Armstead left game with foot injury, not sure if he aggravated current injury or if it's something new. Happy to see Kalia Davis contribute.
Bingo_AlphaMan
General Manager
And1: 225

Post#462 » by Bingo_AlphaMan » Mon Dec 4, 2023 2:21 am

Bingo_AlphaMan wrote:Deebo and CMC are insane weapons in Kyle’s arsenal of weapons.

https://bleacherreport.com/videos/494996-deebo-cmc-are-49ers-xfactor
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,264

Post#463 » by wco81 » Mon Dec 4, 2023 2:26 am

Bingo_AlphaMan wrote:
Bingo_AlphaMan wrote:Deebo and CMC are insane weapons in Kyle’s arsenal of weapons.

Today, Deebo was better than AJ Brown.

Deebo hasn't had a game like that in a couple of seasons. I think Eagles second-level defense is suspect, as it can't be an accident that they've given up all those points.
arich35
General Manager
And1: 818

Post#464 » by arich35 » Mon Dec 4, 2023 6:18 am

Eagles fans trying to say Greenlaw punched their security guy. I hope that is not how they punch in Philly
Harry Palmer
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,516

Post#465 » by Harry Palmer » Mon Dec 4, 2023 6:50 am

I think this was Wilks’ best game. That game was decided by the backfield keeping elite receivers tied up enough while Hurts had a shower, grabbed a bite to eat, watched some tv, evade the pass rush, and throw or run. Not saying we don’t beat this team with Salah or Ryan’s, but I bet we beat them differently.

Bosa said that they were intentionally keeping pass rush moves very basic and essentially just push because if you pick a side of the Olineman to beat, Hurts goes the other way. So basically it was just collapse the pocket and keep his attention. Obviously the Eagles Oline being elite is also a factor.
All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.

-Arthur Schopenhauer
Harry Palmer
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,516

Post#466 » by Harry Palmer » Mon Dec 4, 2023 6:54 am

wco81 wrote:
Bingo_AlphaMan wrote:

Today, Deebo was better than AJ Brown.

Deebo hasn't had a game like that in a couple of seasons. I think Eagles second-level defense is suspect, as it can't be an accident that they've given up all those points.

That’s true, but his gravity plays ~ every week, teams are worried about him every week. But when he’s a decoy he half-asses it, which should mitigate how other teams account for him. Maybe they haven’t noticed on the film…highly unlikely…or even if he’s half assing it you still have to account for him because Brock improvises more than prior Shanahan QBs.

Big difference today was his mouth was on the line so he was peddle to the metal all game long. The Deebo that does that is one of the best players in the league.
All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.

-Arthur Schopenhauer
Mk0
RealGM
And1: 15,530

Post#467 » by Mk0 » Fri Dec 8, 2023 9:37 pm

NBA officiating bought to you by FanDuel

Return to San Francisco 49ers