Seahawks Draft Thread (Can You Ever Get Enough Of The Hawks?

Moderator: Cactus Jack

TTown
Bench Warmer
And1: 11

Re: Seahawks Draft Thread (Can You Ever Get Enough Of The Ha 

Post#21 » by TTown » Fri May 9, 2014 11:26 pm

raiders on the clock w/ the 35.

i'd love a guard, but if marquise lee is still on the board.......................
ImageImageImageImage
Danny Darko
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 5,398

Post#22 » by Danny Darko » Fri May 9, 2014 11:29 pm

what the heck houston... you needed a D lineman or a QB.... why did you grab our guard?

Ok RT here we come with the hyped Cyrus Kourandjio
Royal Ben
Ballboy
And1: 1

Post#23 » by Royal Ben » Fri May 9, 2014 11:38 pm

Cyrus Kourandjio... interested to see if they like him if so he will be latter health being a conscern
this guy reminds me of Carpender

WR *Cody Latimer ???
TTown
Bench Warmer

Post#24 » by TTown » Fri May 9, 2014 11:46 pm

did we just trade again

edit: why yes, yes we did. #40 and #146 for #45, #111, and #227
ImageImageImageImage
Royal Ben
Ballboy

Post#25 » by Royal Ben » Fri May 9, 2014 11:51 pm

traded with Detroit got another 4th rounder
Royal Ben
Ballboy

Post#26 » by Royal Ben » Fri May 9, 2014 11:56 pm

9 picks .... wow
Royal Ben
Ballboy

Post#27 » by Royal Ben » Sat May 10, 2014 12:09 am

#45 WR Paul Richardson 6-0 175 4.33

STRENGTHS: Terrific athlete who appeared every bit as agile and explosive in 2013 after missing the entire 2012 season with a torn ACL. Very good straight-line speed making him an excellent option on vertical routes. Savvy route-runner who alters his gait off the line and throughout his route to gain separation from cornerbacks. Sinks his hips and explodes out of his breaks.

Generally plucks the ball cleanly out of the air with his hands, securing it quickly. Can track the ball over either shoulder and flashes the ability to dive and haul in the extraordinary catch.

Good vision to set up blocks. Good bloodlines. Father, Paul, Sr., played wide receiver in the NFL with Philadelphia, Oakland, Green Bay and the New York Jets.

WEAKNESSES: Very slim build and has struggled with durability throughout his career. Doesn't track the ball over his shoulder as well as he should for a receiver who makes his living on big plays. Too often senses the oncoming defender and allows the pass to slip through his fingers. Doesn't offer much as a downfield blocker.

COMPARES TO: Emmanuel Sanders, Pittsburgh Steelers - Some will compare Richardson to Sanders' more established teammate Antonio Brown. Until Richardson (and Sanders) catch the ball with more consistency, however, each is likelier to earn more of a complementary role in the NFL despite natural playmaking ability.

--Rob Rang (2/5/14)

Player Overview
The NFL is a sucker for speed at the receiver position, and few possess a more exciting combination of height and explosiveness than Richardson.

Despite limited weapons around him, Richardson scored 20 touchdowns during his illustrious career with the Buffaloes, averaging an eye-popping 41.8 yards per score. Richardson answered critics who questioned his ability to stay healthy with a career-high 79 receptions for 1,280 yards and 10 scores for Colorado in 2013, proving remarkably explosive after missing the 2012 season with a torn ACL.

Richardson's less than ideal frame might best be protected as a third or fourth receiver in the NFL. Considering how often teams utilize multiple receiver sets in today's pass-happy offenses, that won't necessarily mean that he'll make it out of the top 100.
Bulltalk
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 9,277

Post#28 » by Bulltalk » Sat May 10, 2014 12:25 am

I waited and waited and waited and waited and then...SURPRISE! They did it to me again. They want to stretch the field evidently. That's what they were looking for.
"I'm a truth teller. All I do is tell the truth."

(Donald Trump - 8/11/16)
Sweezo
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 36

Post#29 » by Sweezo » Sat May 10, 2014 12:39 am

Bulltalk wrote:I waited and waited and waited and waited and then...SURPRISE! They did it to me again. They want to stretch the field evidently. That's what they were looking for.

I expected a WR but not Richardson. Thought a bigger WR would be the target. But it looks more like we got a burner who's probably replacing Tate. Richardson was a pain in the ass to cover downfield...anyone who follows a Pac 12 probably remembers this guy. Wasn't his fault the team he played on was hot garbage.
Sweezo
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#30 » by Sweezo » Sat May 10, 2014 12:50 am

Really, look up any highlight package of Richardson and see what he can do downfield. Put him on the outside and watch Harvin destroy people underneath.

Also, he's apparently added some muscle and ran a 4.28 back in January. That's crazy.
Royal Ben
Ballboy

Post#31 » by Royal Ben » Sat May 10, 2014 1:34 am

Justin Britt Missouri OT 2014 6-6 325 5.16 13
STRENGTHS: Looks the part of today's prototypical left tackle, possessing impressive height, very long arms and a trim middle. Good initial quickness, especially as a run blocker, firing off the ball to turn and seal defenders from the action. Physical. Gets a strong initial shove on the opponent, which oftentimes is enough to knock them onto their heels. He has a wide base with good bend and flexibility in his kick-slide to keep the pocket clean. Plays with his knees bent, butt down and on the balls on his feet, giving him good balance. Slides well laterally to mirror defenders and uses his arm length and powerful shoves to keep opponents at bay. Good awareness and competitive spirit. Peels back to knock down unsuspecting defenders in pursuit of ball-carriers. Experienced left and right tackle and some view him as a potential guard convert due to his power and tenacity. WEAKNESSES: Possesses good initial quickness but tops-out quickly and too often isn't able to get to the second level in time to make the block on linebackers. Relies upon his initial shove too often, stopping his feet to get the emphatic punch on opponents and failing to latch on and sustain. Will be viewed by some as a bit of a 'tweener as he may not possess the foot speed to remain outside but may be too tall for most quarterbacks to see over and has never played guard. Requires a thorough medical examination at the Combine as Britt missed the final 3 and a half games of 2012 with a torn ACL. Previously in the year, he suffered a fractured foot that kept him out of spring practice.COMPARES TO: David Bakhtiari, Green Bay Packers - A year ago the former Colorado Buffalo caught my attention as a gritty pass-blocker with an impressive punch many were underrating, presumably because of the team's struggles to win games. Britt is taller than Bakhtiari and because of Missouri's sudden improvement against SEC competition, he's less likely to be overlooked. If healthy, he's a potential Day Three sleeper who could surprise as a contributor early in his pro career. --Rob Rang

Player Overview
Much of Missouri's success in 2013 was attributed to their defensive line (and rightfully so), but the offensive line also stepped up their play in their second season of SEC competition with Britt leading the way. Coming off of a 2012 campaign shortened due to multiple serious leg injuries, Britt earned All-SEC accolades from the coaches (Second Team) and media (First Team) alike at the all-important left tackle position. With 24 starts at left tackle and six at right tackle, Britt has the experience against top competition necessary to make him an easy projection to the NFL. Still, considering the injuries he had in 2012, scouts were disappointed when Britt was unable to participate in the East-West Shrine Game. If convinced he's healthy, Britt could earn middle round consideration as his length, tenacity and initial shove are undeniable.
Bulltalk
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#32 » by Bulltalk » Sat May 10, 2014 1:42 am

Wow! I vow to never attempt to guess/project who the Seahawks might pick again. :lol:

Justin Britt...okay...there you have it.

(Donald Trump - 8/11/16)
nuke the whales
Junior
And1: 6

Post#33 » by nuke the whales » Sat May 10, 2014 1:54 am

Morgan Moses was not only left, but still in the green room. He was described as bigger and slower though, so I have to think scheme fit was an issue.
Sweezo
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#34 » by Sweezo » Sat May 10, 2014 2:12 am

Bulltalk wrote:Wow! I vow to never attempt to guess/project who the Seahawks might pick again. :lol:

Guy was predicted by some as a possibility to go undrafted, and when the Seahawks grabbed him their 'war room' exploded in celebration on the live video feed. I've grown to love them doing stuff like this. That clown who runs Walter Football does live draft grades, and he gave this pick a "Matt Millen" grade while thoroughly trashing it. Some 'expert' for another site tied to Bleacher Reports tweets his opinion that the Seahawks FO would have been fired for their drafting but for Russell Wilson.
Bulltalk
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#35 » by Bulltalk » Sat May 10, 2014 2:44 am

Sweezo wrote:
Bulltalk wrote:Wow! I vow to never attempt to guess/project who the Seahawks might pick again. :lol:

Guy was predicted by some as a possibility to go undrafted, and when the Seahawks grabbed him their 'war room' exploded in celebration on the live video feed. I've grown to love them doing stuff like this. That clown who runs Walter Football does live draft grades, and he gave this pick a "Matt Millen" grade while thoroughly trashing it. Some 'expert' for another site tied to Bleacher Reports tweets his opinion that the Seahawks FO would have been fired for their drafting but for Russell Wilson.

That's insane. No team has drafted more efficiently than the Hawks during the PC/Schneider regime. They've made fools out of such self proclaimed experts. Sure they've missed on some; but overall the record clearly and irrefutably speaks for itself. Period.

(Donald Trump - 8/11/16)
TTown
Bench Warmer

Post#36 » by TTown » Sat May 10, 2014 6:07 am

you'd think the super bowl might have caused some to take a step back and assume the FO knows what they're doing, but there you go.
ImageImageImageImage
Yunsen
Senior
And1: 263

Post#37 » by Yunsen » Sat May 10, 2014 9:21 am

TTown wrote:you'd think the super bowl might have caused some to take a step back and assume the FO knows what they're doing, but there you go.

We also got basically nothing from our draft class last year too. No 1st round pick, our 2nd round was a victory cigar, our 3rd round pick was injured most of the year, our 4th round pick got cut and one of our 5th round picks was injured the entire year. We only really got something from one of our 5th round picks and maybe one of our 6th or 7th round picks who I don't remember.
Sweezo
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#38 » by Sweezo » Sat May 10, 2014 4:26 pm

DerekRD wrote:
TTown wrote:you'd think the super bowl might have caused some to take a step back and assume the FO knows what they're doing, but there you go.

We also got basically nothing from our draft class last year too. No 1st round pick, our 2nd round was a victory cigar, our 3rd round pick was injured most of the year, our 4th round pick got cut and one of our 5th round picks was injured the entire year. We only really got something from one of our 5th round picks and maybe one of our 6th or 7th round picks who I don't remember.

Last year's draft class is one reason why I don't feel the need to freak out over losing guys in free agency or who we pick in this year's class. The Seahawks have entered a new reality. We're no longer a team that has to strike gold early in the draft, plug those players into the lineup immediately, and pray for production. We're good enough that we can often afford to redshirt draft picks so they can learn their role and what's expected of them before they are called on to produce.

It's an approach the Niners have used for years and now we able to do the same thing. Which is remarkable considering how barren the cupboard was a few years ago.

I don't care if Britt was rated as a 5th round pick by people who have nothing to do with this team. I care that Cable was excited to talk about him, expressing concern that Britt was going to be picked soon if they didn't grab him. That he stonewalled Jadevon Clowney when they played against each other. And that, apparently, he profiles athletically similar to Jake Matthews who was drafted early.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/Cablinasian/status/464945134920937472[/tweet]
nuke the whales
Junior
And1: 6

Post#39 » by nuke the whales » Sat May 10, 2014 4:56 pm

A DE and another trade. We went down from #11 to #23 in the 4th and got #23 in the 6th.
TTown
Bench Warmer

Post#40 » by TTown » Sat May 10, 2014 5:20 pm

was rooting for stanford og david yanky with 123. ah well. maybe this is why I'm not in charge.
ImageImageImageImage

Return to Seattle Seahawks