I hate to agree with Cowherd, but ...

Read on Twitter
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,465

Changes... 

Post#2 » by Cactus Jack » Sun Dec 10, 2023 12:15 am

Danny Darko wrote:I hate to agree with Cowherd, but ...

The problem is more Pete imo. This team needs to move on from Pete.

I wrote this on another forum...

Our biggest problem at the moment isn't talent. It's coaching. The schemes for the most part remain very vanilla. There isn't a ton of variety. Opponents know exactly how to attack us without making the necessary adjustments.

Every coach has an expiration date. Pete really should have been replaced by now. Not much is going to change with him in charge.

This team has been stuck in neutral since Paul Allen's death. That's the unfortunate reality that we're faced with.

Also...

Pete needs to take a good long look in the mirror & realize that what he's doing, isn't working. It hasn't worked for quite a while.

He needs to bring in a legit DC. Someone like Mike Macdonald (Ravens). Who can help elevate & take this team to another level.

You don't need a team full of superstars to be great. It certainly helps. But with the right scheme & coaching (Baltimore), it can be achieved.

Unfortunately, we know that Pete's too stubborn to make the necessary changes & improvements. So therefore, nothing will change.

Pete has to go.
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
Danny Darko
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 5,403

Re: Geno!!! 

Post#3 » by Danny Darko » Tue Dec 12, 2023 6:52 pm

man i don't like any of our safety's... maybe Coby Bryant is salvageable when he gets healthy
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Re: Geno!!! 

Post#4 » by Cactus Jack » Tue Dec 12, 2023 8:43 pm

Danny Darko wrote:man i don't like any of our safety's... maybe Coby Bryant is salvageable when he gets healthy

Agreed.

Diggs looks like a guy who got paid & doesn't care. Jamal's coverage ability is still a major liability. Both guys are making way too much money.

I'll also add that Tariq is a bigger issue than maybe fans will want to admit. But it's tough to rely on a guy who doesn't want to tackle. He shouldn't be starting. I think Pete also sees it that way.

I think it's pretty telling that Pete has called out both Jamal & Riq specifically.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Re: Changes... 

Post#5 » by Cactus Jack » Thu Dec 14, 2023 12:09 am

Danny Darko
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers

Post#6 » by Danny Darko » Fri Dec 15, 2023 5:38 pm

sounds like he still believes in Pete, though
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#7 » by Cactus Jack » Fri Dec 15, 2023 6:01 pm

Danny Darko wrote:sounds like he still believes in Pete, though

It's time.

I think he sticks around mainly because of his relationship with John. I don't expect much change until the team is sold. But it needs a new voice. A younger, more innovative coach.

Now, if Pete we're to leave, I think his likely successor would be Dan Quinn. But I don't see a path where Pete would go. Jody isn't going to fire him. So...
Danny Darko
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers

Post#8 » by Danny Darko » Sun Dec 17, 2023 9:24 am

Cactus Jack wrote:
Danny Darko wrote:sounds like he still believes in Pete, though

It's time.

I think he sticks around mainly because of his relationship with John. I don't expect much change until the team is sold. But it needs a new voice. A younger, more innovative coach.

Now, if Pete we're to leave, I think his likely successor would be Dan Quinn. But I don't see a path where Pete would go. Jody isn't going to fire him. So...

would love Dan!
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Re: Changes... (Offseason) 

Post#9 » by Cactus Jack » Mon Jan 8, 2024 8:26 pm

My offseason to-do list:

The roster still needs a serious infusion of talent along the OL, DL & LB.

Step 1: Resign Leonard Williams. He's a wrecking ball. You simply can't let him walk. Along with adding depth along the D-line (free agency).

OL: The IOL remains a weakness. Fortify the line through free agency & the draft. The offensive output will improve (Run/Pass).

Why does this team struggle on 3rd down? Because they struggle to run the ball on early downs. Drafting an OT/G early should be a high priority. Having to rely on a 41-year-old Jason Peters as a swing tackle, isn't going to cut it.

LB: Bobby is a legend. But he's going to be 34. Has slowed down. Isn't the same player he was 4-5 years ago.

Slow LB's= Slow Defense, that will struggle to consistently get off the field. You must have guys who can cover.

Return to Seattle Seahawks