For discussion: all-time Seahawks team

Moderator: Cactus Jack

Ex-hippie
Assistant Coach
And1: 0

For discussion: all-time Seahawks team 

Post#1 » by Ex-hippie » Mon Apr 16, 2007 9:44 pm

Looks to me like this board could use a kick-start.

All right, I'll copy and paste here something I did a long time ago, just for kicks. The all-time Seahawks team. This should be fodder for a little offseason discussion.

C - Robbie Tobeck. With apologies to Blair Bush, Tobeck was the guy who actually made a Pro Bowl.
OG - Steve Hutchinson. Much as I dislike him, few OGs on any team have as much impact as he did.
OG - Bryan Millard. Strongman who anchored the mid-80s lines.
OT - Walter Jones. Future HOFer.
OT - Andy Heck. Handled the left side well during the early 90s.
TE - Mike Tice. Best of a weak group, but Tice was a very solid blocker in his day. I thought Jerramy Stevens could pass him; alas, it wasn't meant to be.
WR - Steve Largent. Well, duh.
WR - Brian Blades. Go-to guy for a long time.
RB - Shaun Alexander. Lots of good candidates here, most of whom have last names starting with W. But I'll take the guy who set the touchdown record and won an MVP.
FB - John L. Williams. I love Mack Strong, but John L. did everything.
QB - Matt Hasselbeck. Sometimes I get frustrated with his mistakes, but the same could be said about Dave Krieg, his closest competitor.

DT - Cortez Kennedy. Superstar during some lean years, and should be the second Seahawk HOFer after Largent.
DT - Joe Nash. Workhorse for many, many years.
DE - Jacob Green. First round pick was a great pass rusher and also held up well against the run.
DE - Michael Sinclair. Almost forgotten, but was a Pro Bowler a few times.
ILB - Fredd Young. Possibly the most fun defensive player to watch in franchise history. But give Lofa a few more years.
OLB - Rufus Porter. Undersized but speedy, and was a force.
OLB - Chad Brown. Too bad he's not around to enjoy the team's current success. He was huge for a few years.
S - Ken Easley. For a while he was the league's best safety, and no, I didn't forget about Ronnie Lott. Would have been a HOF lock if his career had been a couple of years longer.
S - Eugene Robinson. Mister citizenship himself.
CB - Shawn Springs. The only true shutdown corner in franchise history.
CB - Dave Brown. Could be toast at times, but had a nose for the ball like few others.

P - Rick Tuten. Nice combination of distance, hang time and placement.
K - Norm Johnson. Was as reliable as they come.
KR - Bobby Joe Edmonds. Still holds team records for return yards.
ST - Alex Bannister. Okay, Porter and Young were both more accomplished, but they're already on this team as linebackers, so let's throw Bannister a bone.

Coach - Mike Holmgren. I don't want to hear it from Chuck Knox fans. Knox had some success at first but then turned them into just about the most boring team in the league.

GM - Tim Ruskell. Never in history have I trusted a Seattle GM so completely. Perhaps Bob Whitsitt, the anti-Ruskell, came close, back before he moved to Portland and embarrassed himself.

Owner - Ken Behring. No, just kidding. Paul Allen, by a nose over the Nordstrom family.
Bulltalk
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 9,277

Post#2 » by Bulltalk » Fri Apr 20, 2007 3:40 am

^^^Nice list. I'll have to think about it for awhile before I might suggest any changes.
"I'm a truth teller. All I do is tell the truth."

(Donald Trump - 8/11/16)
Ex-hippie
Assistant Coach

Post#3 » by Ex-hippie » Fri Apr 20, 2007 3:13 pm

Wow, finally some traffic in this forum!

I was wondering if my post was like the proverbial tree falling in the woods.
Sweezo
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 36

Post#4 » by Sweezo » Mon Apr 23, 2007 6:24 am

:lol: I think the forum will pick up in time...it's not exactly football season right now. I think the traffic would have been better if the board had been launched a little closer to the end of the season when free agency was a hot topic.
Ex-hippie
Assistant Coach

Post#5 » by Ex-hippie » Mon Apr 23, 2007 8:03 pm

But it's draft season! This is precisely the time of year that a website like Real GM should have the most appeal to geeks like us who get into sports personnel moves.
Sweezo
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 36

Post#6 » by Sweezo » Tue Apr 24, 2007 5:53 am

True enough...but then again, we do lack a first round pick. This has been one of the harder drafts for me to get excited about as a result.
NateMustGo
Starter
And1: 1

Post#7 » by NateMustGo » Fri Apr 27, 2007 4:49 pm

hippie wrote:But it's draft season! This is precisely the time of year that a website like Real GM should have the most appeal to geeks like us who get into sports personnel moves.
Maybe there's not as many geek's in the world as we all thought!

Return to Seattle Seahawks