Official Seahawks Draft Thread

Moderator: Cactus Jack

Red Robot
Assistant Coach
And1: 113

Post#41 » by Red Robot » Sun Apr 29, 2007 8:25 pm

Wow, the Seahawks nab Jordan Kent. It might take some time, but I bet he turns out better than Courtney Taylor-Taylor, who I'm not in love with.
Sweezo
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 36

Post#42 » by Sweezo » Sun Apr 29, 2007 8:53 pm

Red Robot wrote:Wow, the Seahawks nab Jordan Kent. It might take some time, but I bet he turns out better than Courtney Taylor-Taylor, who I'm not in love with.

That's the same damn thought I had when I saw they drafted the guy out of Auburn...

...and Michael Allen goes one spot before the 'Hawks picked in the 7th. Dammit. Not that the 'Hawks would have drafted him anyway...
Sweezo
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 36

Post#43 » by Sweezo » Mon Apr 30, 2007 12:14 am

Billy wrote:I was quite shocked when looking at ESPN's Scout.com rankings that Joe Newton seems nowhere to be found. I know he had an injury... but is that what is turning off the scouts?

Who knows...but the 'Hawks signed him as a free agent right after the draft. That finishes off the day nicely. I like how they ended things...Kent's a great bargain late, the tackle out of Wake can play any position on the line, and Newton's not a bad pickup as a free agent.
KingInExile
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4

Post#44 » by KingInExile » Mon Apr 30, 2007 1:05 am

Missing all of 2005 with a leg injury really hurt Joe Newton's prospects. When he came back last year he struggled to be productive. Part of that was because Matt Moore was a complete idiot of a QB, but part was lingering effects of the injury. If he has been continuing his conditioning and has a good camp, he should have a shot at sticking around for a while. He just needs to be patient and work his way into the game.
This space needs to be filled with a new sig...but I'm too lazy to make one.
Billy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 161

Post#45 » by Billy » Mon Apr 30, 2007 1:06 am

I was thrilled to see the Hawks snag Newton after the draft. Definitely a nice capper.

I'm excited about Kent too. He's no doubt going to be a project, but he's big and incredibly fast. He improved a lot towards the end of the year, but still has plenty to work on. I can see him becoming a burner that can run opposite of Hacket. That will really stretch out a defense.

Return to Seattle Seahawks