Moderator: Cactus Jack

Bulltalk
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 9,277

Re: Game 4: 'Hawks at Indy 

Post#21 » by Bulltalk » Sun Oct 4, 2009 11:23 pm

Sweezo wrote:
As for LT? no idea. I'm not an astute enough football watcher to sit and watch an LT all game and let you know what I think.

That's your homework assignment for the rest of the season. Focus on nothing but college LT's when the ball is snapped. LOL
"I'm a truth teller. All I do is tell the truth."

(Donald Trump - 8/11/16)
Danny Darko
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 5,405

Post#22 » by Danny Darko » Mon Oct 5, 2009 5:54 am

Ugg.

The sacks and the run game... both severely hindered by the O-line. Right now I'm not sure if I really like anyone we have playing other than Unger. Spencer is still injury prone and isn't a very bright center imo. Sims is totally forgettable, Locklear I think would be fine as a pass blocking RT, but not a pro bowler or overly effective in the run game. Walt... even if he's not done, he's almost done and the other guys should be emergency bench players.

Sooo disappointed in the Broncos success.

The 2010 OT free agents look like slim pickens.free agent ot's
Sweezo
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 36

Post#23 » by Sweezo » Mon Oct 5, 2009 6:08 am

Willis had a very bad game. Kept having trouble in pass protection, which lead to momentum killing holding penalties. Really, just an all around disappointing game. No one really stood out as a positive.
Sweezo
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 36

Post#24 » by Sweezo » Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:28 am

Sweezo wrote:
If I really thought about it and had to rank how my order of preference for college QBs that could be available as of right now, given their respective strengths/weaknesses, I'd go with...

1. Sam Bradford
2. Jevan Snead
3. Jimmy Clausen
4. Jake Locker

I put Locker at the bottom because I think he still has some maturing to do. Snead does too, but he's got a goddamned cannon for an arm so I'd give him more leeway. If you asked me how to rank those four in terms of NFL readiness, I think I'd flip Snead and Clausen.

Since writing this post, I've been able to watch a bit of Snead [whom I hadn't seen before] and saw Locker up close and personal at the UO/UW game this weekend.

And both guys terrified me.

Locker looked indecisive and skittish. He was missing receivers all day and his nimble feet made the Ducks pass rush look better than it actually was. Sure it's just one game, but when you read editorials and listen to color commentators refer to Locker as the best QB prospect in the nation, I think he's being over-hyped.

I am certain Locker will come out for the draft this year given his injury history and what happened to Bradford. But at this point I'm more hopeful that a team like the Rams will draft him instead of us.

Return to Seattle Seahawks