Moderator: Cactus Jack

Billy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 161

Ruskell Resigns 

Post#1 » by Billy » Thu Dec 3, 2009 4:50 pm

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4708759

Thoughts? I think it's a good time for a change. I don't think he was horrible, but he also hasn't done much to stop Seattle's slide.
Danny Darko
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 5,403

Re: Ruskell Resigns 

Post#2 » by Danny Darko » Thu Dec 3, 2009 6:54 pm

I don't hate the guy, though I still shake a fist at the Hutch botch, but it was just plain time to go.
I'm glad he's doing this proactively. He could have lame ducked through the season, but now the official search can begin and the speculation can end.

Gonna be an interesting offseason.
Sweezo
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 36

Re: Ruskell Resigns 

Post#3 » by Sweezo » Fri Dec 4, 2009 2:43 am

Billy wrote:Thoughts? I think it's a good time for a change. I don't think he was horrible, but he also hasn't done much to stop Seattle's slide.

I'm undecided. For the most part I thought he did a good job finding talent. He got burned for the Hutch situation but...John Morgan made a pretty good argument for what he was trying to do on Field Gulls the other day. I think that decision is given way more importance by Seahawks fans that it should...losing one guard doesn't sink a goddamned franchise.

It really depends on where the Seahawks go from here. If they hire Holmgren as GM, I expect he'll focus on the offense and draft a bunch of players, some of which will pan out and some of which will be complete knuckleheads. And the defense will die a slow, painful death. And I'll wish Ruskell was still around.

I want a fresh start. It doesn't have to be a new face...just a new face for the franchise. We know what Holmgren can do, we know what Ruskell can do, and they both got fired [more or less] from being a GM as a result. Go find someone who can get us a Super Bowl win.

Return to Seattle Seahawks