Moderator: SD2042

SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 2,413

White Wants More Opportunity 

Post#1 » by SD2042 » Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:30 pm

http://www.tennessean.com/article/20100 ... 0to%20play

"LenDale White lost weight and felt as ready as ever to help the Titans in 2009, only to see his carries drop dramatically.

After a season as part of a one-two running back punch that drew national attention with a catchy nickname, he was a non-factor.

And if it's the end of the road for White as a Titan, he'll leave with mixed emotions.

"I love being in Tennessee. I feel like I am at home here,'' he said. "I don't want to rent a U-Haul, or have to go somewhere else and call HH Gregg and go through that process again. The people in Nashville have been great to me. People have been supportive. Everyone's been great.''

But …

"I don't want to be here if I don't get a chance to compete. I just want an opportunity,'' he said. "I am a football player. I like to play football and I didn't get to play much this year. I took a backseat to greatness, but I want to play, man. I am excited the season is over. I am a restricted free agent, and I am excited to see what the process brings.''

In 2007, White rushed for 1,110 yards. In 2008, the year Chris Johnson arrived, he ran for 773 yards and 15 touchdowns. This season he had 222 yards. He had just three carries for 14 yards in the last six games as the Titans pushed to get Johnson past 2,000.

"I see where he is coming from,'' Johnson said. "I wish him the best (if he stays) and I wish him the best if he goes somewhere else. Every playmaker wants the ball.''

It would be good if White could be retained by the Titans. If he chooses to head elsewhere to get more opportunity. It's fine as well. He deserveshis chance to play as much as anyone else.

Return to Tennessee Titans