ImageImageImageImageImage

Lets get T-Mac

Moderators: og15, TrueLAfan

remixer2017
Sophomore
And1: 0

Lets get T-Mac 

Post#1 » by remixer2017 » Sat Jan 5, 2008 10:57 pm

Okay since this year is going to be done with i believe we should trade maggette away to get someone else in return. And who better to get than Tracy McGrady. Lets see here: Houston wants McGrady to leave and im sure the clippers will take him in. I say we trade maggette and tim thomas and Sam Cassell for mcgrady and luther head. They are not even using luther head that much and plus we get a superstar in mcgrady. i dont see why either team wouldnt do it. Plus on houston's end their getting tim thomas who can take over for chuck hayes who we all know is a bust. And we can get rid of Tim Thomas who I believe is a waste of minutes for our team. I think we should get rid of Sam Cassells expiring contract to be able to get them also. The deal works in all ways finacinally. Let me know what you guys think.

Houston Rockets Get:

Corey Maggette
Tim Thomas
Sam Cassell

LA Clippers Get:

Tracy McGrady
Luther Head
Rocketsterps
Bench Warmer
And1: 1

Re: Lets get T-Mac 

Post#2 » by Rocketsterps » Sun Jan 6, 2008 8:20 pm

MastaR1987 wrote:Okay since this year is going to be done with i believe we should trade maggette away to get someone else in return. And who better to get than Tracy McGrady. Lets see here: Houston wants McGrady to leave and im sure the clippers will take him in. I say we trade maggette and tim thomas and Sam Cassell for mcgrady and luther head. They are not even using luther head that much and plus we get a superstar in mcgrady. i dont see why either team wouldnt do it. Plus on houston's end their getting tim thomas who can take over for chuck hayes who we all know is a bust. And we can get rid of Tim Thomas who I believe is a waste of minutes for our team. I think we should get rid of Sam Cassells expiring contract to be able to get them also. The deal works in all ways finacinally. Let me know what you guys think.

Houston Rockets Get:

Corey Maggette
Tim Thomas
Sam Cassell

LA Clippers Get:

Tracy McGrady
Luther Head

Chuck hayes is not a bust, he's a great defensive pf.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/players/ ... atsId=4023
Scouting report: Hayes was one of the league's best defensive power forwards last season despite his small stature. While that sometimes allowed taller players to shoot right over him, more often it resulted in an opponent running unsuccessful post plays against Hayes because he was able to muscle the guy so far from the basket. Hayes is also an excellent team defender who frequently put himself in position to challenge shots.

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Chuck-Hayes-110/

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/insider/ ... ll-Defense
All-Defense: Lots of contenders for best defenders
Second team: Chuck Hayes, Rockets (6.8, 282.5)
Perhaps the most underrated defender in basketball at this point, Hayes is way undersized for a power forward (6-6) but is so strong and determined that it doesn't matter. Several opponents have tried to take advantage of the height differential against him on the blocks; few have succeeded, mostly because they can't move an inch against him.

Moreover, we are not trading T-MAC. We would trade you Mike James or Steve Francis in a package for Tim Thomas (to back-up Hayes & Scola) or Maggette though.
2008-09 Championship Depth Chart
1) Ben Gordon/ Aaron Brooks/ Rafer Alston
2)Tracy McGrady/ B. Barry/ V. Wafer
3) Shane Battier/ R. Artest/ C. Hayes
4) Luis Scola/C. Landry/Joey Dorsey
5) Yao/ D. Mutumbo/Sean Williams
remixer2017
Sophomore

Post#3 » by remixer2017 » Sun Jan 6, 2008 8:46 pm

ill give you that chuck hayes is a great defensive player, but offensively he is terrible. The houston rockets needs someone who can help out yao ming and chuck hayes has not been that guy and thats why you guys have been a dissapointment for a long time. dont take it the wrong way but you guys should be able to win a playoff series and it has not happened. that is because tracy and yao have no help in scoring. ill give you that chuck hayes is not a bust, but he has not improved from last year. just look at his points per game. he is afraid to shoot and that will be a problem for the houston rockets.
4ho5ive
Assistant Coach
And1: 3

Post#4 » by 4ho5ive » Mon Jan 7, 2008 9:12 am

MastaR1987 wrote:Okay since this year is going to be done with i believe we should trade maggette away to get someone else in return. And who better to get than Tracy McGrady. Lets see here: Houston wants McGrady to leave and im sure the clippers will take him in. I say we trade maggette and tim thomas and Sam Cassell for mcgrady and luther head. They are not even using luther head that much and plus we get a superstar in mcgrady. i dont see why either team wouldnt do it. Plus on houston's end their getting tim thomas who can take over for chuck hayes who we all know is a bust. And we can get rid of Tim Thomas who I believe is a waste of minutes for our team. I think we should get rid of Sam Cassells expiring contract to be able to get them also. The deal works in all ways finacinally. Let me know what you guys think.

Houston Rockets Get:

Corey Maggette
Tim Thomas
Sam Cassell

LA Clippers Get:

Tracy McGrady
Luther Head

LOL I cant believe you just said that in consecutive statements. "Yea they want Tim Thomas cuz he is good, and we get rid of him cuz he sucks" LOL.

Anyway. I see no reason why Houston does this. They lose a young guard who shoots a decent clip and a "superstar" for an old expiring combo guard (which they have like 3893728 of already), a player who sucks iwith any team not named Golden State or Phoenix and a damn good SF who can opt out after next season, potentially trading a "superstar" for cap space

The closest thing i see coming is Cassell, Livingston, Ross, and Maggette for T-Pain and Steve Francis. With one or both of Livingston/Ross being resigned since they are young. Thats the best that can happen without involving a 3rd team. and i really dont see either side going for it.
illastrate
Starter
And1: 629

Post#5 » by illastrate » Mon Jan 7, 2008 10:59 am

Rockersterps wrote:Moreover, we are not trading T-MAC. We would trade you Mike James or Steve Francis in a package for Tim Thomas (to back-up Hayes & Scola) or Maggette though.

I'd do a TT for Francis trade. The Rockets aren't playing Stevie anyways and we can use a scoring PG with the ability to actually drive and finish. The Rockets get a big who can shoot the three.
remixer2017
Sophomore

Post#6 » by remixer2017 » Tue Jan 8, 2008 12:58 am

i meant to post that TT is not a good fit for OUR team. but for a team like the houston rockets he could help them alot. and u saying thats not a good trade is kind of dumb. houstons team has not been working for them for a long time now and they a change. for them to get some veteran help like cassell would help them a lot. plus TT and maggette wouldnt be bad for them. Plus they would be giving us one of their point guards who we could use in L. Head. plus they would be able to get rid of T Mac and his salary. trust me its a good trade for everyone.
4ho5ive
Assistant Coach

Post#7 » by 4ho5ive » Tue Jan 8, 2008 3:19 am

I'll go ahead and not trust you that it is indeed good for everyone. I dont see any reason they (Houston) do this. It doesnt make them considerably better. It seems like a "we'll trade you our crap for your star player". I havent seen any solid reports that T-Mac wants out or that Houston wants him gone, and even if there is they can get a much better deal than an aging PG, a crappy 4 with the mentality of a 2 and a really good player that can and likely will opt out soon anyway.

Getting veteran help like Cassell only helps if they have McGrady still there, not if they ship him to LA. TT does nothing for anyone not in an up-tempo offense and Yao is not gonna be able to play uptempo anytime soon
remixer2017
Sophomore

Post#8 » by remixer2017 » Tue Jan 8, 2008 3:32 am

what more can they get for him. they play better with out him. and how bout we throw in a 2nd rounder. HaHaHa.
4ho5ive
Assistant Coach

Post#9 » by 4ho5ive » Tue Jan 8, 2008 6:08 am

MastaR1987 wrote:what more can they get for him. they play better with out him. and how bout we throw in a 2nd rounder. HaHaHa.

Whats truly funny is you really believe what you are saying, that hilarious to me. Fact is the Rockets are at .500 right now. they are 4-5 with McGrady out of the lineup this season, how are they better? They are obviously better with this guy in the lineup, if you tell yourself anything else you are a fool.

Post this trade on the trade board or even the Rockets team board, i bet 90% of them pass. i bet my realgm pass on it.
ClipperDomination
Veteran
And1: 2

Post#10 » by ClipperDomination » Tue Jan 8, 2008 6:12 am

I don't think that's enough for T-Mac and Head. That's maybe not enough for T-Mac alone.
remixer2017
Sophomore

Post#11 » by remixer2017 » Wed Jan 9, 2008 6:57 pm

if you guys want a better deal we can throw out head and give us one of your many point guards. plus we can give you thornton since we will probably get someone better than him in this years draft. and yeah i am serious about this trade and lately the rockets are 5-2 without mcgrady so before saying they are better with him look it up.
loflin3hree5ive
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 65

Post#12 » by loflin3hree5ive » Wed Jan 9, 2008 11:16 pm

i like the idea of having mcgrady. but taking into consideration the plague of injuries that have haunted us the past year and tmac's injury history, he'd probably play 5 minutes for us, blow out a knee and be done for his career with our luck.
4ho5ive
Assistant Coach

Post#13 » by 4ho5ive » Thu Jan 10, 2008 10:08 am

In the span without T-Mac (6-5 now without him) they have beaten teams like:
Memphis (14 games below .500)
NY Knicks twice (16 games below .500)
Toronto (1 game over .500)
and Washington (1 game over .500)

and one fluke win over Orlando by 2 points.

Losses came from teams such as:
GS Warriors (4 games over .500 in the west)
Denver (8 games over .500)
Boston (only lost 4 games this season)
and Phoenix and San Antonio (both leading their division)

They have beaten mostly terrible teams, and lost to damn good teams, whom McGrady would have helped VERY much.
Get your facts straight before you begin to argue things you do not know.

However, the idea of subbing Mike James into the trade and Clips throwing in Al Thorton changes alot. I still dont think its fair value as most superstar trades involve 1st round picks, but let me see if i can get feedback.
remixer2017
Sophomore

Post#14 » by remixer2017 » Fri Jan 11, 2008 12:22 am

okay u got me on the record, but isnt that a winning record. and it doesnt matter if its losing teams or not because a win is a win.
4ho5ive
Assistant Coach

Post#15 » by 4ho5ive » Fri Jan 11, 2008 8:39 am

You know what, you're right, I cant believe I didnt see it before.

If the Hornets played the Heat 82 times and won all of them, that makes them a better team than the Spurs if they were to play the Celtics 82 times and win only 41 of them.

Just like Dallas and Golden State in last years playoffs right?
ImmortalD24
Assistant Coach
And1: 281

Post#16 » by ImmortalD24 » Fri Jan 11, 2008 4:26 pm

Why would you guys want a poormans Kobe? :lol:

Return to Los Angeles Clippers