ImageImageImageImageImage

Turncoat Trezz.. Lets talk about it

Moderators: og15, TrueLAfan

esqtvd
RealGM
And1: 3,972

Re: Turncoat Trezz.. Lets talk about it 

Post#181 » by esqtvd » Wed Feb 9, 2022 11:00 pm

NickP wrote:Threads like these are alive for a reason. Trez blamed Kawhi and PG for the treatment they got but was mum on LeBron or AD. Anyone thinks they don't get the royal treatment over there?
Trez then bad mouthed the Lakers when he was traded. And now he's doing the same in Washington.
To this day I don't understand why anyone is apologizing for this dude?

Because he was 6MOY for us, 18 ppg in the playoffs the year before AND he was right about Pandemic P. PP took a dump when it counted.

Trezz and Doc died for Paul George's sins. :lol:

George entered Game 4 on Sunday having shot 29.3 percent from the field and 23 percent from 3 in his first three contests of the series. Los Angeles held a 2-1 advantage in its first-round matchup with Dallas because teammate Kawhi Leonard carried the team on his back. George then produced another dud, scoring seven points on 2-for-12 shooting in regulation and finishing with just nine points overall.

Lou Williams stepped up off the bench with 33 points in regulation to push the game to overtime. But George's struggles — and magic from Mavericks star Luka Doncic — were insurmountable in OT, as the Mavericks leveled the series 2-2 with a 135-132 win.

NBA fans on social media began calling George "Pandemic P" in a reference to his putrid play.

But fortunately PG came back from his humiliation the next season with his head on right. Even married his baby mama. Got his life right and became an EXCELLENT team leader. Led us to the WCFs. But Trezz and Doc took the fall for Pandemic P. That's fact. Put last year's return of Playoff P in for Pandemic P and WE ARE NOT HAVING THIS CONVERATION.

To the rest, Bron brings it every night: Trezz's beef was with Vogel--who STILL doesn't know how to handle his big men--not Trezz, not Drummond, not Howard, not DJ either. Big Man's Graveyard.
Image Are We Having Fun Yet?
KL2
Analyst
And1: 1,783

Post#182 » by KL2 » Thu Feb 10, 2022 7:24 pm

Read on Twitter
Clemenza
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,305

Post#183 » by Clemenza » Thu Feb 10, 2022 7:26 pm

Another opportunity for our guy yet again. Can't scream on Melo and hope to get a new contract.
og15
Forum Mod - Clippers
Forum Mod - Clippers
And1: 29,596

Post#184 » by og15 » Thu Feb 10, 2022 11:58 pm

He could be good for Charlotte. He's a vet, he plays hard despite his faults, he'll get on the court and work, and they could use that.

Charlotte might be the type of team to need some energy, he just can't become disgruntled and have problems again because it can't happen everywhere and be everyone else's fault.
MartinToVaught
RealGM
And1: 17,320

Post#185 » by MartinToVaught » Fri Feb 11, 2022 12:09 am

The Hornets were already reeling before the deadline. Losses piling up, coaches and players feuding on the bench. Adding Trez and his drama to that situation is a bad idea. I give it a month before he starts whining to the media that the locker room "isn't fun."
og15
Forum Mod - Clippers
Forum Mod - Clippers

Post#186 » by og15 » Fri Feb 11, 2022 12:49 am

MartinToVaught wrote:The Hornets were already reeling before the deadline. Losses piling up, coaches and players feuding on the bench. Adding Trez and his drama to that situation is a bad idea. I give it a month before he starts whining to the media that the locker room "isn't fun."

It works for them because he's expiring, but yea, there's a clear tendency that if Harrell isn't getting the touches, he seems to go from happy to discontent and whiny.

Sad, because he can be useful for teams as a scoring punch of the bench, who can be okay defensively dependent on the matchup, and especially with a pick and roll partner, but he needs to care less about his touches and his PPG than he has so far in his career.
ejftw
General Manager
And1: 4,140

Post#187 » by ejftw » Fri Feb 11, 2022 1:03 am

MartinToVaught wrote:The Hornets were already reeling before the deadline. Losses piling up, coaches and players feuding on the bench. Adding Trez and his drama to that situation is a bad idea. I give it a month before he starts whining to the media that the locker room "isn't fun."

Would be the case if the Hornets didn't have a good point to spoon feed him his easy buckets, but if things go wrong, seeing him complain about Melo getting all the credit would be hilarious to see.
esqtvd
RealGM

Post#188 » by esqtvd » Fri Feb 11, 2022 1:15 am

og15 wrote:It works for them because he's expiring, but yea, there's a clear tendency that if Harrell isn't getting the touches, he seems to go from happy to discontent and whiny.

Sad, because he can be useful for teams as a scoring lunch of the bench, who can be okay defensively dependent on the matchup, and especially with a pick and roll partner, but he needs to care less about his touches and his PPG than he has so far in his career.

Jimmy Butler had the same rap. Turned out it wasn't him after all. It WAS the losers he was surrounded with--in MIN, in CHI, and then Philly clearly blew it by keeping Simmons instead of Jimmy. And the Lakers are dogshi*it now too and so are the Wiz.

So we shall see. It's not to say Trezz is the salt of the earth or that he's not a head case [especially since his grandmother' death]. And I didn't kick when the Clippers dumped him for chemistry reasons.

But he did nothing to have people spit on his Clipper grave. Trezz earned his pay here.
ejftw
General Manager
And1: 4,140

Post#189 » by ejftw » Fri Feb 11, 2022 1:38 am

Only loser that surrounded Trez was Doc, in all seriousness. Dude thinks he's better than he is, when he gave up as many points as he scored. Last time I celebrated with a player and/or coach being gone was when Clips finally fired Dunleavy (despite everything he did to start the culture change), when the Galaxy got rid of Gio, the Packers got rid of McCarthy and UCLA fired Mora. Trez leaving/Doc being canned sits solidly at #2 of all those, only behind Galaxy dumping Gio.
og15
Forum Mod - Clippers
Forum Mod - Clippers

Post#190 » by og15 » Fri Feb 11, 2022 1:51 am

esqtvd wrote:
og15 wrote:It works for them because he's expiring, but yea, there's a clear tendency that if Harrell isn't getting the touches, he seems to go from happy to discontent and whiny.

Sad, because he can be useful for teams as a scoring lunch of the bench, who can be okay defensively dependent on the matchup, and especially with a pick and roll partner, but he needs to care less about his touches and his PPG than he has so far in his career.

Jimmy Butler had the same rap. Turned out it wasn't him after all. It WAS the losers he was surrounded with--in MIN, in CHI, and then Philly clearly blew it by keeping Simmons instead of Jimmy. And the Lakers are dogshi*it now too and so are the Wiz.

So we shall see. It's not to say Trezz is the salt of the earth or that he's not a head case [especially since his grandmother' death]. And I didn't kick when the Clippers dumped him for chemistry reasons.

But he did nothing to have people spit on his Clipper grave. Trezz earned his pay here.
What's the same rep that they are supposed to both have?

Jimmy Butler is known for speaking his mind with the team. For example, with Philly he was telling Brett Brown that they should mix in him handling the ball a bit. Brett was resistant, but then in the playoffs, they basically just switched the offense to taking the ball out of Simmons hands when they played like that all year. Butler himself said he didn't believe that was right to do that, even though the team played well and he worked, he didn't agree with that switch.

Jimmy's rep is both about him wanting a certain level of work and competitiveness from his teammates, but also about not being afraid to speak his mind, and people might think he is an a-hole if they are looking from the outside. He's a dog on defense, an overall player, but there aren't complaints about him being concerned about his points or shots or being a black hole or whiny.
esqtvd
RealGM

Post#191 » by esqtvd » Fri Feb 11, 2022 2:15 am

og15 wrote:
esqtvd wrote:

Jimmy Butler is known for speaking his mind with the team. For example, with Philly he was telling Brett Brown that they should mix in him handling the ball a bit. Brett was resistant, but then in the playoffs, they basically just switched the offense to taking the ball out of Simmons hands when they played like that all year. Butler himself said he didn't believe that was right to do that, even though the team played well and he worked, he didn't agree with that switch.

Jimmy's rep is both about him wanting a certain level of work and competitiveness from his teammates, but also about not being afraid to speak his mind, and people might think he is an a-hole if they are looking from the outside. He's a dog on defense, an overall player, but there aren't complaints about him being concerned about his points or shots or being a black hole or whiny.

I'm not going to get into it with you. :D

Jimmy Butler Told You So
    For years he was maligned as a difficult teammate. Then Jimmy Butler found his ideal home with the Miami Heat—and suddenly he was challenging LeBron’s Lakers in the Finals and becoming the breakout star of the bubble. So who changed: was it us or Jimmy Butler?

https://www.gq.com/story/jimmy-butler-vs-the-world

Point is, these same people were d-bagging Trezz while he was winning the 6MOY. And the year before, even when Zu eventually got BENCHED in the playoffs. And he didn't lose us the Bubble, Pandemic P did. Trezz took the fall, is all.

[And I saw no alternative to the org scapegoating him and Doc either, FTR--Ballmer went all-in on our future--in draft picks and the sal cap. Kawhi and PG stay; Trezz and Doc were expendable. But this vulturing on Trezz is bullshi*it.]
og15
Forum Mod - Clippers
Forum Mod - Clippers

Post#192 » by og15 » Fri Feb 11, 2022 2:54 am

esqtvd wrote:
og15 wrote:
esqtvd wrote:

Jimmy Butler Told You So
    For years he was maligned as a difficult teammate. Then Jimmy Butler found his ideal home with the Miami Heat—and suddenly he was challenging LeBron’s Lakers in the Finals and becoming the breakout star of the bubble. So who changed: was it us or Jimmy Butler?

Point is, these same people were d-bagging Trezz while he was winning the 6MOY. And the year before, even when Zu eventually got BENCHED in the playoffs. And he didn't lose us the Bubble, Pandemic P did. Trezz took the fall, is all.

[And I saw no alternative to the org scapegoating him and Doc either, FTR--Ballmer went all-in on our future--in draft picks and the sal cap. Kawhi and PG stay; Trezz and Doc were expendable. But this vulturing on Trezz is bullshi*it.]

Not every difficult teammate situation is the same, simply an odd comparison. I don't know who the people are here, you talking about some sports writers or something?
esqtvd
RealGM

Post#193 » by esqtvd » Fri Feb 11, 2022 3:14 am

og15 wrote:
esqtvd wrote:
og15 wrote: What's the same rep that they are supposed to both have?

Jimmy Butler Told You So

Not every difficult teammate situation is the same, simply an odd comparison. I don't know who the people are here, you talking about some sports writers or something?

Thank for your attempt at "moderation" but it's unresponsive to anything I wrote. Jimmy was known as a malcontent too. Turned out he was a leader once he was surrounded by people who wanted to win a much as he did.

Trezz was a good Clipper and MORE than earned his money here. Let wish him the best and not vulture on him ok?
og15
Forum Mod - Clippers
Forum Mod - Clippers

Post#194 » by og15 » Fri Feb 11, 2022 3:38 am

esqtvd wrote:
og15 wrote:
esqtvd wrote:

Jimmy Butler Told You So

Thank for your attempt at "moderation" but it's unresponsive to anything I wrote. Jimmy was known as a malcontent too. Turned out he was a leader once he was surrounded by people who wanted to win a much as he did.

Trezz was a good Clipper and MORE than earned his money here. Let wish him the best and not vulture on him ok?

Ahh, I see I got suckered in....we're on one of these being the arbiter of who people are allowed to like /dislike, talk about our not talk about kind things. Yea..no thanks, not interested.
esqtvd
RealGM

Post#195 » by esqtvd » Fri Feb 11, 2022 3:43 am

og15 wrote:
esqtvd wrote:
og15 wrote:Not every difficult teammate situation is the same, simply an odd comparison. I don't know who the people are here, you talking about some sports writers or something?

Ahh, I see I got suckered in....we're on one of these being the arbiter of who people are allowed to like /dislike, talk about our not talk about kind things. Yea..no thanks, not interested.

Thank for your attempt at "moderation" but it's unresponsive to anything I wrote. We have enough noise here. Get into the discussion or f&^% off. :wink:

Jimmy was known as a malcontent too. Turned out he was a leader once he was surrounded by people who wanted to win a much as he did.

NickP
Bench Warmer
And1: 945

Post#196 » by NickP » Fri Feb 11, 2022 5:57 am

Jimmy Butler compared to Trez? Ok then!
esqtvd
RealGM

Post#197 » by esqtvd » Fri Feb 11, 2022 6:36 am

NickP wrote:Jimmy Butler compared to Trez? Ok then!

both were d-bagged by the d-bags :rofl2:

I dont get it man, why be trolling him
the man only ever gave us his best

let it go wtf

nickhx2
RealGM
And1: 6,374

Post#198 » by nickhx2 » Fri Feb 11, 2022 3:40 pm

ejftw wrote:Only loser that surrounded Trez was Doc, in all seriousness. Dude thinks he's better than he is, when he gave up as many points as he scored. Last time I celebrated with a player and/or coach being gone was when Clips finally fired Dunleavy (despite everything he did to start the culture change), when the Galaxy got rid of Gio, the Packers got rid of McCarthy and UCLA fired Mora. Trez leaving/Doc being canned sits solidly at #2 of all those, only behind Galaxy dumping Gio.

kinda funny, was recently thinking about about dunleavys influence on the franchise and how he probably gets more hate than he deserves. to my knowledge he never came back around making comments the way doc or harrell did, drawing the ire of players or personnel still with the team.

so to me, nothing will ever top those guys and their exit.
NickP
Bench Warmer
And1: 945

Post#199 » by NickP » Fri Feb 11, 2022 3:47 pm

esqtvd wrote:
NickP wrote:Jimmy Butler compared to Trez? Ok then!

both were d-bagged by the d-bags :rofl2:

I dont get it man, why be trolling him
the man only ever gave us his best

let it go wtf

Jimmy Butler is a proven winner who demanded better from his teammates and was pretty open about it.
Trez otoh is a damn complainer and whiner. He's a locker room plague whatever team he's on.
This has nothing to do with what he did for the Clippers.
Joshuan3
Senior
And1: 178

Post#200 » by Joshuan3 » Fri Feb 11, 2022 3:48 pm

Hornets offered Trezz more $$ before he joined the Lakers, now he ends up in the Hornets, where he could've been in the first place. Clippers could've gotten something via sign and trade maybe Ish Smith or Terry Rozier or some piece but nope Trezz joined the Lakers.

Return to Los Angeles Clippers