ImageImageImageImageImage

Clippers Looking for Tweener Forward Center

Moderators: og15, TrueLAfan

KL2
Analyst
And1: 1,786

Re: Clippers Looking for Tweener Forward Center 

Post#21 » by KL2 » Thu Feb 8, 2024 5:43 pm

Sounds like Gadford is heading to Dallas. Woj hasn’t followed up on that yet though.

Olynyk to Toronto.

Not saying those were realistic options but names talked about here.

Knicks made some nice moves.
clipsfever
Junior
And1: 155

Post#22 » by clipsfever » Thu Feb 8, 2024 5:55 pm

12:42 p.m. ET: The Toronto Raptors are trading point guard Dennis Schroder and forward Thaddeus Young to the Brooklyn Nets in exchange for point guard Spencer Dinwiddie, sources told ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski.

12:11 p.m. ET: The Charlotte Hornets are also getting guard Vasilije Micic and draft compensation in the deal that will send Gordon Hayward to the Oklahoma City Thunder, sources told ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski.

11:24 a.m. ET: The New York Knicks have completed a larger deal with the Detroit Pistons, landing Bojan Bogdanovic and Alec Burks for Quentin Grimes, Malachi Flynn, Evan Fournier, Ryan Arcidiacono and two future second-round picks.

11:18 a.m. ET: The Dallas Mavericks are close to a deal to land center Daniel Gafford from the Washington Wizards in exchange for center Richaun Holmes and draft compensation, sources told ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski.

11:16 a.m. ET: The New York Knicks are set to acquire guard Alec Burks from the Detroit Pistons, sources told ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski, for guard Quentin Grimes and two future second-round picks.

10:52 a.m. ET: The Philadelphia 76ers are trading guard Danuel House Jr. and a 2024 second-round pick, via the New York Knicks, to the Detroit Pistons, sources told ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski. The move gives the Sixers salary cap cushion to potentially sign buyout players after the deadline, including Hornets guard Kyle Lowry, if he becomes available, sources said.

10:51 a.m. ET: The Oklahoma City Thunder are finalizing a trade to acquire Charlotte Hornets wing Gordon Hayward for guard Tre Mann and forward Davis Bertans, sources told ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski.

10:33 a.m. ET: The Toronto Raptors have acquired center Kelly Olynyk and guard Ochai Agbaji from the Utah Jazz, sources told ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski, in exchange for Otto Porter Jr., Kira Lewis. and a 2024 first-round pick.

10:24 a.m. ET: The Philadelphia 76ers are acquiring guard Buddy Hield from the Indiana Pacers for Marcus Morris, Furkan Korkmaz and three second-round picks, sources told ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski.

9:47 a.m. ET: Hornets forward Miles Bridges won't approve any trades and will remain in Charlotte for the rest of the season, his agent, Rich Paul, told ESPN's Brian Windhorst. Bridges will be an unrestricted free agent this summer, and the Hornets will retain his Bird rights.

--

Mook dumped again.
KL2
Analyst

Post#23 » by KL2 » Thu Feb 8, 2024 6:05 pm

Read on Twitter
KL2
Analyst

Post#24 » by KL2 » Thu Feb 8, 2024 6:30 pm

Damn Phoenix made some good moves too. Picked up Royce O’Neal and David Roddy.
clipsfever
Junior
And1: 155

Post#25 » by clipsfever » Thu Feb 8, 2024 6:35 pm

Thad Young off a potential/likely buyout makes sense to me, but for others as well (Miami)

Joe Harris waived (feels like a Laker)
KL2
Analyst

Post#26 » by KL2 » Thu Feb 8, 2024 6:41 pm

Pat Bev to the Bucks. Nice move.

Pistons just waiving people like what. Harris and now Hayes.
Bobbymcgee
Starter
And1: 2,207

Post#27 » by Bobbymcgee » Thu Feb 8, 2024 6:58 pm

Dang, Dallas picks up Daniel Gafford and PJ Washington. Phoenix gets Royce O'Neale. As if the West wasn't tough enough already.

So far, Clippers get nada. Not good IMO.
madmaxmedia
RealGM
And1: 6,871

Post#28 » by madmaxmedia » Thu Feb 8, 2024 7:00 pm

I feel like a lot of teams are making good win-win trades and adding good bench type players without giving up much. I think Hayward is going to have a good impact for OKC this postseason, even if he ends up not sticking around afterwards.

We still have an hour left to hunt for something LOL, although I didn't have big expectations since we have been playing so well and we gave up a lot of trade flexibility in the Harden trade.
KL2
Analyst

Post#29 » by KL2 » Thu Feb 8, 2024 7:04 pm

Metu went to Memphis in that 3-team trade. Another name talked about here gone.

*eta*

I knew chances were slim with limited assets but with Leonard wanting a PF I thought we’d do something. Still time but it’s running out.
KL2
Analyst

Post#30 » by KL2 » Thu Feb 8, 2024 7:49 pm

lol Marcus Morris on the move again. To the Spurs now. They’re likely to buy him out.

Bucks trading Robin Lopez to the Kings. He’ll be waived.
clipperlover
Rookie
And1: 1,022

Post#31 » by clipperlover » Thu Feb 8, 2024 7:53 pm

KL2 wrote:lol Marcus Morris on the move again. To the Spurs now. They’re likely to buy him out.

Bucks trading Robin Lopez to the Kings. He’ll be waived.

Watch him end up back here somehow on a minimum deal.
nickhx2
RealGM
And1: 6,375

Post#32 » by nickhx2 » Thu Feb 8, 2024 7:54 pm

sounds like lopez is mega cooked but i don't watch their games
KL2
Analyst

Post#33 » by KL2 » Thu Feb 8, 2024 7:56 pm

Holy smokes. Toronto waiving Dinwiddie.

Sizers trading Springer to the Celtics. Crazy.
KL2
Analyst

Post#34 » by KL2 » Thu Feb 8, 2024 8:15 pm

Read on Twitter

:banghead:
Wammy Giveaway
Veteran
And1: 1,134

Tucked In 

Post#35 » by Wammy Giveaway » Thu Feb 8, 2024 8:21 pm

By doing this, Clippers will bow out of the buyout market. They're standing pat, keeping the team as is.

Maybe Tucker just needs playoffs. Maybe after the All-Star Break, we'll see the Tucker everybody wanted. It's one of those things where your answer is already there, you just have to be patient.
MartinToVaught
RealGM
And1: 17,323

Post#36 » by MartinToVaught » Thu Feb 8, 2024 8:23 pm

The rest of the league got better and we stood pat with a team that's too small to win when it matters. Awesome. :roll:

Can't wait for every team to force Zu out to the perimeter and play him off the court in the playoffs and leave us with no answer for any decent big man. Between that and PG/Harden's usual playoff performances, I have a hard time seeing us get past round 2 even if the team stays healthy (another big if).
clipperlover
Rookie

Post#37 » by clipperlover » Thu Feb 8, 2024 8:24 pm

KL2 wrote:Holy smokes. Toronto waiving Dinwiddie.

Sizers trading Springer to the Celtics. Crazy.

He could land anywhere. Hope he stays in the East.
ERClips
Junior
And1: 338

Post#38 » by ERClips » Thu Feb 8, 2024 8:31 pm

There weren’t too many realistic options for us unfortunately. I think NY & Phoenix made the best moves for immediate impact this season. I like Roddy as a depth guy.

We have what it takes still to win it all despite the bad matchup teams. Just need guys like Coffey to keep doing what he’s doing. Mann to do something. PG to pull his head out of his *ss. Etc.

Bad games happen to every team no matter what so gotta stay positive and move on.
clipperlover
Rookie

Post#39 » by clipperlover » Thu Feb 8, 2024 8:36 pm

MartinToVaught wrote:The rest of the league got better and we stood pat with a team that's too small to win when it matters. Awesome. :roll:

Can't wait for every team to force Zu out to the perimeter and play him off the court in the playoffs and leave us with no answer for any decent big man. Between that and PG/Harden's usual playoff performances, I have a hard time seeing us get past round 2 even if the team stays healthy (another big if).

Please entertain us with which teams will be able to pull that off against us while beating us 4 out of 7 times?

We have Zu, Plumlee and Theis which is a pretty solid rotation. Those guys should be enough, so that we don't need to have Kawhi guarding Jokic. Outside of Denver, I have no concerns about anyone else in a 7 game series. This isn't the Lob City team that never had a decent backup big to come in and provide minutes.
Max Headrom
Sixth Man
And1: 2,224

Post#40 » by Max Headrom » Thu Feb 8, 2024 8:46 pm

clipperlover wrote:
MartinToVaught wrote:The rest of the league got better and we stood pat with a team that's too small to win when it matters. Awesome. :roll:

Please entertain us with which teams will be able to pull that off against us while beating us 4 out of 7 times?

We have Zu, Plumlee and Theis which is a pretty solid rotation. Those guys should be enough, so that we don't need to have Kawhi guarding Jokic. Outside of Denver, I have no concerns about anyone else in a 7 game series. This isn't the Lob City team that never had a decent backup big to come in and provide minutes.

Why even entertain this? You already know this poster doom and gloom agenda posting. It's old and tired.

Return to Los Angeles Clippers