Turncoat Trezz.. Lets talk about it

Moderators: og15, TrueLAfan

og15
Forum Mod - Clippers
Forum Mod - Clippers
And1: 29,678

Re: Turncoat Trezz.. Lets talk about it 

Post#221 » by og15 » Mon Aug 7, 2023 12:20 am

playaloc916 wrote:I thought after winning 6MOY he would've earned a decent payday somewhere else, but things just completely unraveled for him after that. Maybe if he would've been more chill and not try to pick fights with everyone, and continued to work on his game, he probably wouldn't have fallen off as quickly as he did. Just look how few minutes he played under Doc with the Sixers last year...

I loved the Lou Trezz combo off the bench and he was such a hype player, too bad so many things went wrong at the same time...

The reality in the NBA, and really this same concept applies in many other job situations, but the reality is that you have to be at a certain level of goodness (or importance or seniority or status) before you can get the label of being problematic with co-workers and not have it affect your ability to earn.

This is why I never understand fans who ask why good role players on finals/championship teams leave for the best offer, well, this is a great example of why. If they take some small one year deal for a future payoff, and then they get a serious injury, then bye bye, their possible career earnings could be cut drastically.
esqtvd
RealGM
And1: 3,981

Re: Turncoat Trezz.. Lets talk about it 

Post#222 » by esqtvd » Mon Aug 7, 2023 7:10 pm

og15 wrote:
playaloc916 wrote:I thought after winning 6MOY he would've earned a decent payday somewhere else, but things just completely unraveled for him after that. Maybe if he would've been more chill and not try to pick fights with everyone, and continued to work on his game, he probably wouldn't have fallen off as quickly as he did. Just look how few minutes he played under Doc with the Sixers last year...

I loved the Lou Trezz combo off the bench and he was such a hype player, too bad so many things went wrong at the same time...

The reality in the NBA, and really this same concept applies in many other job situations, but the reality is that you have to be at a certain level of goodness (or importance or seniority or status) before you can get the label of being problematic with co-workers and not have it affect your ability to earn.

This is why I never understand fans who ask why good role players on finals/championship teams leave for the best offer, well, this is a great example of why. If they take some small one year deal for a future payoff, and then they get a serious injury, then bye bye, their possible career earnings could be cut drastically.

Yup. Isaiah Hartenstein. Get it while you can, baby.
Image Are We Having Fun Yet?

Return to Los Angeles Clippers