Moderators: og15, TrueLAfan

TrueLAfan
Senior Mod - Clippers
Senior Mod - Clippers
And1: 1,445

Re: Kawhi injury - diognosed with torn meniscus 

Post#81 » by TrueLAfan » Sun May 7, 2023 5:31 pm

esqtvd wrote:
PeteyPablo wrote:Although Morris game has not been up to par lately , he is not known to be a cancer or locker room problem. I did read about him wanting to be traded ( has this been confirmed ? ).

Anyhow , not sure I would trade anyone for Brooks right now. Unless Jerry West says so.

FYI: Brooks is a UFA so no sign & trade is needed. S&Ts are usually to create cap space for the acquiring team, and the other team is usually rewarded for helping out, with draft picks or young players.

IMO, Marcus Morris has NEGATIVE trade value, $17,116,279 owed for 2023-24. We'd have to throw something nice for anyone to take him off our hands. Plus we'd have make the salaries roughly match.

Mook is an expiring deal. And he's a good player--just not a good player for this particular team. If he's on, say, the Cavs, he's the floor spacing big they want alongside either Mobley or Allen. His ability to switch and play help side is a plus; his lack of rebounding isn't so much of a problem. There are more than a couple of teams that could show interest in him.

Brooks is pointless. I'll leave it at that.

Ballmer treating Kawhi with decency? Is this supposed to be "news" of some sort? :wink: Anyway, the particulars of the new CBA really hurt the chances of us trading PG or Kawhi, IMO--or of us building substantially around them with new players. We have to hope for growth from Bones, Diabete becoming a low rotation level player, and a good low level trade or two to pick up some high second rounders. which we could use to trade up (slightly) to get someone like Noah Clowney, or Trey Alexander, or Sidy Cissoko.
esqtvd
RealGM
And1: 3,981

Post#82 » by esqtvd » Sun May 7, 2023 7:14 pm

TrueLAfan wrote:
esqtvd wrote:
PeteyPablo wrote:Although Morris game has not been up to par lately , he is not known to be a cancer or locker room problem. I did read about him wanting to be traded ( has this been confirmed ? ).

Anyhow , not sure I would trade anyone for Brooks right now. Unless Jerry West says so.

FYI: Brooks is a UFA so no sign & trade is needed. S&Ts are usually to create cap space for the acquiring team, and the other team is usually rewarded for helping out, with draft picks or young players.

IMO, Marcus Morris has NEGATIVE trade value, $17,116,279 owed for 2023-24. We'd have to throw something nice for anyone to take him off our hands. Plus we'd have make the salaries roughly match.

Mook is an expiring deal. And he's a good player--just not a good player for this particular team. If he's on, say, the Cavs, he's the floor spacing big they want alongside either Mobley or Allen. His ability to switch and play help side is a plus; his lack of rebounding isn't so much of a problem. There are more than a couple of teams that could show interest in him.

Brooks is pointless. I'll leave it at that.

Ballmer treating Kawhi with decency? Is this supposed to be "news" of some sort? :wink: Anyway, the particulars of the new CBA really hurt the chances of us trading PG or Kawhi, IMO--or of us building substantially around them with new players. We have to hope for growth from Bones, Diabete becoming a low rotation level player, and a good low level trade or two to pick up some high second rounders. which we could use to trade up (slightly) to get someone like Noah Clowney, or Trey Alexander, or Sidy Cissoko.

Ballmer is at Kawhi's mercy. He plays only when he chooses to--remember he took himself out of a game in March without even telling the coach?--and can also opt out next summer, leaving Ballmer with a team built to win now with zero chance of winning now.

As for Marcus, you may be underestimating how badly he fell off as the year went on, shooting only 40%/25% after the All-Star break and 35%/16% in 3 playoff games. The only chance of trading him is to absorb $17M of somebody else's dreck. Batum was also wildly inconsistent at the end and although he would attract some interest, at age 35 it would be bad form to trade him away from LA, where he wants to wind up his career.

I'm glad you do not share some people's unrealistic expectations for our Ontario Clippers. Anybody who's any good in the G-League doesn't stay down there long. At only 21 and with an NBA body, yes, Diabate may have a shot at becoming useful but the tea leaves are not good for the rest. Jason Preston is 24 soon and it's just not gonna happen, son. There are a dozen kids out there getting NBA minutes and they're only 19.
Image Are We Having Fun Yet?
KL2
Analyst
And1: 1,791

Post#83 » by KL2 » Fri Jun 23, 2023 5:21 am

Read on Twitter
wakelaunch1
Pro Prospect
And1: 407

Post#84 » by wakelaunch1 » Fri Jun 23, 2023 5:55 am

KL2 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Back in 3 months lol
MartinToVaught
RealGM
And1: 17,330

Post#85 » by MartinToVaught » Fri Jun 23, 2023 2:15 pm

I don't believe anything this team says about injuries anymore when they've lied so many times already. I believe Redick casually saying that Kawhi won't be ready to start the season more than anything Frank says.
og15
Forum Mod - Clippers
Forum Mod - Clippers
And1: 29,679

Post#86 » by og15 » Fri Jun 23, 2023 2:22 pm

wakelaunch1 wrote:
KL2 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Back in 3 months lol

8 week recovery to back to playing basketball means 8 weeks until he can start basketball activity. Then the next question is how long until he can play in games. Time until one can start playing basketball does not necessarily mean time until one can play in high intensity games. Kawhi is also not really the quick recovery kind of guy, so his timelines should always be at the high end of the range.

So beginning of June, that means start basketball activity beginning of August, add another month at minimum to be ready to play, but really with Kawhi it could be more, so yea, 3-4 months is likely more what we're looking at.
wakelaunch1
Pro Prospect
And1: 407

Post#87 » by wakelaunch1 » Fri Jun 23, 2023 6:08 pm

og15 wrote:
wakelaunch1 wrote:
KL2 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Back in 3 months lol

8 week recovery to back to playing basketball means 8 weeks until he can start basketball activity. Then the next question is how long until he can play in games. Time until one can start playing basketball does not necessarily mean time until one can play in high intensity games. Kawhi is also not really the quick recovery kind of guy, so his timelines should always be at the high end of the range.

So beginning of June, that means start basketball activity beginning of August, add another month at minimum to be ready to play, but really with Kawhi it could be more, so yea, 3-4 months is likely more what we're looking at.

Another question i have is if you were diagnosed with it April 26th. Why wait over a month to get surgery? They have access to doctors immediately
og15
Forum Mod - Clippers
Forum Mod - Clippers

Post#88 » by og15 » Fri Jun 23, 2023 6:19 pm

wakelaunch1 wrote:
og15 wrote:
wakelaunch1 wrote:
Back in 3 months lol

Another question i have is if you were diagnosed with it April 26th. Why wait over a month to get surgery? They have access to doctors immediately
Not my area of expertise to say, they have access to Dr's, but surgeries have to be scheduled and they need OR's, etc, so I can't really comment on that, they don't just get to skip the line for some of the facility requirements just because they are athletes. Most likely based on the schedule / availability of the surgeon.
nickhx2
RealGM
And1: 6,375

Post#89 » by nickhx2 » Fri Jun 23, 2023 6:44 pm

mods please fix the spelling of the thread i can't rightly continue onward otherwise tyty
esqtvd
RealGM

Post#90 » by esqtvd » Fri Jun 23, 2023 9:04 pm

Frank said that Leonard will be "100%" ready to go for training camp, which is the best news that could have been hoped for. All things considered, Leonard's injury could have been much worse.
Sofia
GOTB: Mean Girls
And1: 31,209

Post#91 » by Sofia » Sat Jun 24, 2023 4:23 am

MartinToVaught wrote:I don't believe anything this team says about injuries anymore when they've lied so many times already. I believe Redick casually saying that Kawhi won't be ready to start the season more than anything Frank says.

Wait til the season tickets are sold out and then tell us “lol it’s actually Feb”
Founder - Wembanyama GOAT club - waitlist registrations being accepted

President of the Pharmcat Fanclub
President of the GreatWhiteStiff Fanclub
og15
Forum Mod - Clippers
Forum Mod - Clippers

Post#92 » by og15 » Sat Jun 24, 2023 1:04 pm

esqtvd wrote:
Frank said that Leonard will be "100%" ready to go for training camp, which is the best news that could have been hoped for. All things considered, Leonard's injury could have been much worse.

Training camp is end of September, so if he had the procedure in early June, end of September would be around 16 weeks from surgery, so yea, that would make sense as long as he has no setbacks.
MartinToVaught
RealGM
And1: 17,330

Post#93 » by MartinToVaught » Sat Jun 24, 2023 3:17 pm

Sofia wrote:
MartinToVaught wrote:I don't believe anything this team says about injuries anymore when they've lied so many times already. I believe Redick casually saying that Kawhi won't be ready to start the season more than anything Frank says.

Wait til the season tickets are sold out and then tell us “lol it’s actually Feb”

Or, more likely, they'll keep stringing the fans along until it's April and Frank needs an excuse to save his job for another year.
KL2
Analyst

Re: Kawhi injury - diagnosed with torn meniscus 

Post#94 » by KL2 » Fri Jun 30, 2023 12:59 am

Read on Twitter
esqtvd
RealGM

Post#95 » by esqtvd » Fri Jun 30, 2023 2:00 am

His knees work?
Dr. Laker
Sophomore
And1: 4

Post#96 » by Dr. Laker » Thu Jul 6, 2023 9:16 pm

esqtvd wrote:His knees work?

Nope.
Sofia
GOTB: Mean Girls
And1: 31,209

Post#97 » by Sofia » Fri Jul 7, 2023 4:35 am

Is it me or does there look to be a lot more definition in his left leg than right?
Founder - Wembanyama GOAT club - waitlist registrations being accepted

President of the Pharmcat Fanclub
President of the GreatWhiteStiff Fanclub
KL2
Analyst

Post#98 » by KL2 » Sun Aug 6, 2023 9:43 pm

First Frank and now Lue.

Read on Twitter
KL2
Analyst

Post#99 » by KL2 » Tue Aug 29, 2023 10:18 pm

Happy to hear he’s working out with the team. Another sign he’s on target and will be ready for camp.

Who’s YT though? Feel dumb for asking.

Read on Twitter
KL2
Analyst

Post#100 » by KL2 » Thu Aug 31, 2023 7:41 pm

Lue says Leonard will be 100% by training camp. He’s on target and done an incredible job with his rehab. When training camp starts they’ll get together with the medical staff and be smart about practices, minutes, and games. Same with PG.

Read on Twitter

Return to Los Angeles Clippers