ImageImageImageImageImage

Game #8: LAC (3-4) @ MAVS (6-2) FRI 11/10 5:30 PM

Moderators: og15, TrueLAfan

wakelaunch1
Senior
And1: 394

Re: Game #8: LAC (3-4) @ MAVS (6-2) FRI 11/10 5:30 PM 

Post#81 » by wakelaunch1 » Sat Nov 11, 2023 4:24 am

KL2 wrote:Diabate and Brown have shown some really good things. Too bad Lue will glue them back to the bench.

Coffey is useless. Would rather watch Miller play.

Coffey seems to have mailed in his career. Everytime he comes in, he brings nothing. Hes making bank and could be an energy guy but he just doesnt have it.

Diabate is so so but his energy/effort can keep him in the league.

I would start Kobe. He shows me a lot of things we need. Pretty athletic, defensively ok, good effort and a decent 3 ball.

Bones is an enigma. I cant figure out if he is a good fit for this team. He has a lot of Jamaal Crawford in him. Pretty much a ball hog but makes a lot of shots when he is the focus. If he is not the focus, he needs the right players around him because he is not very good on defense.

Russ or Harden need to go to the bench. And we need to add a big like tomorrow

Ill post it again
Harden
Mann
Kawhi
Brown
Zubac

Russ
PG
Powell/Bones I would trade Powell for big
Tucker
Diabate Or whatever big we trade for.
Clemenza
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,292

Post#82 » by Clemenza » Sat Nov 11, 2023 4:27 am

Read on Twitter
KL2
Analyst
And1: 1,773

Post#83 » by KL2 » Sat Nov 11, 2023 4:40 am

Read on Twitter

Whatever. He’s rinse and repeat strategy and answers.
MartinToVaught
RealGM
And1: 17,276

Post#84 » by MartinToVaught » Sat Nov 11, 2023 4:50 am

Really? We're praising the first nine minutes of blowout losses now and excusing the rest? This organization is allergic to even the slightest bit of accountability. Nobody in a leadership role with this team is actually competent enough for the job, but they blow just enough smoke up Ballmer's ass to stay employed through all the failures anyway. It's pathetic. We as fans deserve better.
KL2
Analyst

Post#85 » by KL2 » Sat Nov 11, 2023 5:02 am

It’s worse watching him say it.

Read on Twitter
wakelaunch1
Senior
And1: 394

Post#86 » by wakelaunch1 » Sat Nov 11, 2023 5:16 am

KL2 wrote:It’s worse watching him say it.

Read on Twitter

Let him coach on another team. He has no heart, no desire. He wants that next check and he s not going to get it from the clippers. He might be better off coaching a rookie team. Coaching a bunch of vets where he wont lay down the law. This team has an effort problem from the starters and bad chemistry.

Read on Twitter
?s=20
Xtruroyaltyx77
Ballboy
And1: 14

Post#87 » by Xtruroyaltyx77 » Sat Nov 11, 2023 5:17 am

Russ and Harden don’t work together. Both want to initiate the offense as much as possible and there are issues when one or the other has the ball and the other doesn’t. The issue when James has the ball and Russ is off ball is Russ is not a floor spacer and that affects the way that James can drive and kick. When Russ has the ball, James is not a player who moves off ball well. He is pretty useless off ball. He just kind of stands in no man’s land.

I think pg and kawhi can play with either one. They are pretty versatile.

Also, Harden is a bad defender. He can’t stay in front of anyone.

I think what would be best for the Clippers is to move Harden to the bench and let him be a super sixth man. Give him full control of the offense when he comes in. Try to stagger him and Russ as much as possible.
MartinToVaught
RealGM

Post#88 » by MartinToVaught » Sat Nov 11, 2023 5:24 am

Read on Twitter

Lue's arrogance and smugness makes my skin crawl. He really is the second coming of Doc. What did we do to deserve the two worst coaches in sports history back-to-back? :nonono:
MartinToVaught
RealGM

Post#89 » by MartinToVaught » Sat Nov 11, 2023 5:26 am

wakelaunch1 wrote:He might be better off coaching a rookie team.

The only way you could get him to coach a rookie team is if you signed a roster full of 35-year-olds from Europe or whatever who haven't played in the NBA yet. He's one of the last coaches on earth you would ever want to develop a team of young players.
Sofia
GOTB: Mean Girls
And1: 31,054

Post#90 » by Sofia » Sat Nov 11, 2023 5:26 am

MartinToVaught wrote:Really? We're praising the first nine minutes of blowout losses now and excusing the rest? This organization is allergic to even the slightest bit of accountability. Nobody in a leadership role with this team is actually competent enough for the job, but they blow just enough smoke up Ballmer's ass to stay employed through all the failures anyway. It's pathetic. We as fans deserve better.

The next 18 minutes was a 69-30 blowout.
Founder - Wembanyama GOAT club - waitlist registrations being accepted

President of the Pharmcat Fanclub
President of the GreatWhiteStiff Fanclub
KL2
Analyst

Post#91 » by KL2 » Sat Nov 11, 2023 5:54 am

Read on Twitter

He wanted to be the glue guy.

I knew it was bad but damn.

Read on Twitter
Scoundreldays
Veteran
And1: 2,377

Post#92 » by Scoundreldays » Sat Nov 11, 2023 6:05 am

KL2 wrote:
Read on Twitter

He wanted to be the glue guy.

I knew it was bad but damn.

Read on Twitter

Yeah he needs to be aggressive. Aggressive PG was the best I've seen him as a clipper. Him right now is Pandemic Pish
esqtvd
RealGM
And1: 3,957

Post#93 » by esqtvd » Sat Nov 11, 2023 6:20 am

KL2 wrote:
Read on Twitter

It's not that. It all might work in the abstract. If we made the Finals.

But none of them are willing to put in the hard work, night after night, quarter by quarter, possession by possession. They all have 200 million dollars in the bank.

It's sad that the only one who cares that much is Russ. He has $250 million in the bank and 10 car dealerships and he's the only one who gives a spit.

I think PG cares. Just not enough to light a fire under the rest. And Kawhi and Beard are just along for the ride. They already got theirs.
Image Are We Having Fun Yet?
Roscoe Sheed
RealGM
And1: 4,511

Post#94 » by Roscoe Sheed » Sat Nov 11, 2023 6:29 am

esqtvd wrote:
KL2 wrote:
Read on Twitter

But none of them are willing to put in the hard work, night after night, quarter by quarter, possession by possession. They all have 200 million dollars in the bank.

It's sad that the only one who cares that much is Russ. He has $250 million in the bank and 10 car dealerships and he's the only one who gives a spit.

I think PG cares. Just not enough to light a fire under the rest. And Kawhi and Beard are just along for the ride. They already got theirs.

Effort hasn't been the problem. They don't know how to play with each other yet. PG seems out of sorts and Harden isn't fully up to speed yet in terms of conditioning and timing. They were trying, it just hasn't worked out yet.
esqtvd
RealGM
And1: 3,957

Post#95 » by esqtvd » Sat Nov 11, 2023 6:41 am

Roscoe Sheed wrote:
esqtvd wrote:
KL2 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Effort hasn't been the problem. They don't know how to play with each other yet. PG seems out of sorts and Harden isn't fully up to speed yet in terms of conditioning and timing. They were trying, it just hasn't worked out yet.

I'm just gonna say it's that "sense of urgency" thing. When you don't have the ball. Rebounding. Defense. Not feeling the SOU thing. We're still in preseason. Dallas came to play.
Image Are We Having Fun Yet?
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,854

Post#96 » by 76ciology » Sat Nov 11, 2023 7:32 am

Clips looked good early on. Problem started when Clips had Tucker playing 5 and Mavs turn up the pace. Clips will be fine once they get familiar with one another which allows them to play at a quicker pace. Also need to tweak the rotation and solve this back-up 5 problem.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
og15
Forum Mod - Clippers
Forum Mod - Clippers
And1: 29,516

Post#97 » by og15 » Sat Nov 11, 2023 12:40 pm

Read on Twitter
There are different personalities in life. Some people have to openly express their anger and frustration and show everyone that they are mad, dissatisfied, etc.

Other people just move on because from their perspective, "crying" about it isn't going to change the past or make it better in the future.

If you're the type who is more reactionary in the moment, you think the non reactionary people "don't care" or "aren't concerned" or don't have passion. On the other hand, people who are more, "it's over, no point crying over spilled milk, clean it up and let's move on and figure it out, life isn't over" might think that the dwellers are dramatic and excessive or just putting on show.

Pretty funny isn't it.

esqtvd wrote:
og15 wrote:
esqtvd wrote:
Powell in now minus-27 in only 8 minutes. That takes some doing, lol.

Plus/minus isn't everything but when you're the worst one by a factor of 2, the problem is probably YOU. :lol:

Powell isn't helping, but this isn't really about Powell. Clippers have scored 11 points in the 2nd. If you had another guard in there instead of Powell it wouldn't have made any significant difference to Kyrie being hot, Westbrook forcing plays and taking bad shots with the bench unit, the bench units bad defense, and then the units with the starting players coming back in not playing well. Powell is one piece in the puzzle, but a team doesn't go -30 in 8 minutes just because of one player lol

A few points either way in one game is statistical noise but when you're TWICE as bad in a game as everyone else and the worst game after game, it's probably YOU.

Here's the thing--Powell has been leaking points since last year's All-Star break. I've been calling him out since then.

Clipper Nation has had its scapegoats but Powell has slid under the radar. He is owed $50+ million over the next 3 years and is easily the worst Clipper under contract. Nobody wants him and he's LITERALLY unplayable, especially with 5 guards [PG/KL, Russ/Harden/Mann/Bones] ahead of him.

Code: Select all

11 minutes 0 points 0 rebounds 0 assists 0-1 shooting 0 blks 0 steals 2 TOs

This is called a "gazillion." This is one of the worst possible performances in NBA history. Dude is a basket case. And we have too many other basket cases to prioritize him.

I thought I'd get in on all the fun. I can't believe there are still trolls here blaming THE COACH?? :rofl2:
Powell is what we call a neutral player. Overall on the average night he won't sink you and he won't be likely to carry you, his impact is generally directly correlated to the strength of the units he plays with and his fit within those units.

If Powell is that bad and there are 5 guards on the team better than him and the coach is still playing him, then you are actually also blaming the coach, just doing it indirectly.
clipperlover
Rookie
And1: 1,020

Post#98 » by clipperlover » Sat Nov 11, 2023 3:37 pm

Going to have to come to Norm's defense. The guy is a 6th man candidate. He didn't just lose that ability. However, he is yet another guy that needs the ball in his hands. Norm is great when he can attack the rim to get going.

Since we brought in Russ and Bones, he lost a lot of those opportunities. Now, he loses more with Harden.

At this point, he have too many guards that need the ball in their hands. Norm is the most likely trade asset, but it would have to be the right team. Looking across the NBA and who could be available, I think Houston could be a good trade partner.

A deal that nets us Jock Landale and Reggie Bullock could fix a lot of holes. Landale played well for the Suns in his playoff role last year.

Not making a move 2 years ago for Myles Turner was a huge missed opportunity.
MartinToVaught
RealGM

Post#99 » by MartinToVaught » Sat Nov 11, 2023 3:38 pm

og15 wrote:There are different personalities in life. Some people have to openly express their anger and frustration and show everyone that they are mad, dissatisfied, etc.

Other people just move on because from their perspective, "crying" about it isn't going to change the past or make it better in the future.

Lue's personality appears to be "I don't care, I get paid either way." The only interpretation that makes sense for those comments, or other things like the Marcus Morris debacle last year, is outright contempt for the fans and possibly the FO.

I'm still pissed at him for this:

Read on Twitter
NickP
Bench Warmer
And1: 942

Post#100 » by NickP » Sat Nov 11, 2023 3:56 pm

There are times when I want to blame Lue and put it all on him. Then sanity sets in. I'm not saying Lue is not to blame. His substitutions are atrocious.
But, when you have 4 hall of famers in the game together, it's up to them to figure it out. I've seen 4 total strangers at pick up game figuring $hit out by the 5th possession. These 4 guys need to go to Lue and make suggestions. As a coach, I'd hate to be in that position to tell a HOFer he's coming off the bench.
Lue couldn't bring Sr off the bench and he's supposed to tell that to one of these guys?
Kawhi has to step up because it's his legacy on the line. He needs to be a leader or fade away into oblivion.

Return to Los Angeles Clippers