ImageImageImageImageImage

Clipper Multimedia Thread

Moderators: og15, TrueLAfan

Ranma
RealGM
And1: 4,062

Jamal Crawford Twitter Pic 

Post#281 » by Ranma » Mon Feb 24, 2014 3:07 am

LA Legends: Kershaw & Koufax_ Image _IGNORED: Max Headrom-esqtvd-QRich3-EBledsoe12-alon8882-45clip
Neddy
RealGM
And1: 3,908

Re: Clipper Multimedia Thread 

Post#282 » by Neddy » Mon Feb 24, 2014 3:13 am

yo Ranma, I've been meaning to ask, just who the heck are those names that are on your ignored list? i have never seen any of them post here before yet they sound like clipper fans. assuming that those were from your old forum invading here for some personal attack? if so that is the lowest of the low.
ehhhhh f it.
Ranma
RealGM

My Ignored List 

Post#283 » by Ranma » Mon Feb 24, 2014 3:43 am

Neddy wrote:yo Ranma, I've been meaning to ask, just who the heck are those names that are on your ignored list? i have never seen any of them post here before yet they sound like clipper fans. assuming that those were from your old forum invading here for some personal attack? if so that is the lowest of the low.

They're members from my old forum. They haven't made their way here although I did see someone who was close to joining that list stop by here a while ago. Basically, the ignored list is what prompted my exit from the other forum. I'm big on accountability for what someone posts, so I basically used that forum's ignore function and declared who was on my list so as to let other people know why I would not respond any more to any of their posts. Basically, they claimed I was taunting them even as I encouraged them to have me on their public ignore list.

In the end, it got to the point where the site administrators said take it down or I'd be banned, so I decided to leave as a matter of principle. It was tough for me to leave as I developed close relationships over the years at that forum being a Clipper fan for about 26 years. I even had a hand in growing that forum as a former moderator when that board was dead in activity by pulling people from the defunct L.A. Times Clippers Talk forum and other places including RealGM back in the day. The stress of the whole experience in addition to the Clippers' continued issues had me going into a bit of self-exile for maybe 2 years until I ventured my way here and the Clips Nation forum before settling here.

Needless to say, I'm in a much better state-of-mind here and very appreciative of the environment maintained by mkwest and thanumba2clippersfan. I'm also delighted to see some of my friends from that other forum find their way here. I still keep the signature as a reminder.
LA Legends: Kershaw & Koufax_ Image _IGNORED: Max Headrom-esqtvd-QRich3-EBledsoe12-alon8882-45clip
Neddy
RealGM

Post#284 » by Neddy » Mon Feb 24, 2014 3:59 am

having a mature mod ship of your own forum's member is a priceless value which we didn't have in our old place. seems like you have gone through quite a bit as a clipper fan in a land of flakers then betrayed by your own kind.
good to have ya and your buddies.

anywho, I grew up reading Takahashi Rumiko's works myself. personally, i prefer Katumi over Akane but whatever floats ranma's boats!
ehhhhh f it.
Ranma
RealGM

Anything Goes Martial Arts 

Post#285 » by Ranma » Mon Feb 24, 2014 4:19 am

Neddy wrote:having a mature mod ship of your own forum's member is a priceless value which we didn't have in our old place. seems like you have gone through quite a bit as a clipper fan in a land of flakers then betrayed by your own kind.
good to have ya and your buddies.

anywho, I grew up reading Takahashi Rumiko's works myself. personally, i prefer Katumi over Akane but whatever floats ranma's boats!

Thanks, Neddy. Appreciate the hospitality. :)

I'm not a manga reader myself but I'm selectively attached to certain anime titles having been exposed to the genre in late high school and college. I obviously love Ranma 1/2 (through Season 3) but am also devoted to Kimagure Orange Road. I also like what I've seen from Cowboy Bebop and Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex but I try not to follow too much since there seems to be a lot of quality stuff out there. While it is technically not anime, I liken Nickelodeon's Avatar: The Last Airbender (the first series) to have some of the same qualities of a good story and animation.

I know Rumiko Takahashi has been prolific in creating beloved properties such as Urusei Yatsura, Maison Ikkoku, Inuyasha as well as Ranma 1/2 but the adventures of the Saotomes and the Tendos hold a special place in my heart especially with the surprising quality of the English dubbing through Season 3. It's funny, I've also been partial to Kasumi myself and even Ukyo over Akane but all three would be catches in real life. I even find Nabiki's trouble-making endearing.
Neddy
RealGM

Post#286 » by Neddy » Mon Feb 24, 2014 4:28 am

you better be a rich man if you want a gal like Nabiki in real life... and yeah i have a little manga section in my home library. complete series of Maison Ikkoku and Lum i do own... ha. Ghost in the Shell belongs in a class of Akira and other greats of all time. in fact i saw a lot of Ghost in the Shell's philosophy in works of Wachowski's the Matrix trilogy. avatar is a bit removed from my generation. my daughter do like the reruns i think. funny, Kimagure Orange Road used to be my favorite for a long time through my high school years, i even owned a life size posters of them girls. Madoka and Hikaru were pretty damn sexy to me back then...

for the other posters, please excuse the geek talk!
ehhhhh f it.
mkwest
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 5,728

Post#287 » by mkwest » Wed Mar 5, 2014 8:21 am

Chris Paul sits down with Grant Hill on NBA Inside Stuff
Spoiler:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jeoXcg_E0vY[/youtube]

Clippers Charity BasketBOWL Event
Spoiler:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zA4tSsCxctg[/youtube]

Fan challenges DeAndre Jordan at BasketBOWL event

Spoiler:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kT36kMn05XQ[/youtube]
mike3
Sixth Man
And1: 120

Post#288 » by mike3 » Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:56 am

I cannot stop watching the Perkins dunk, it's INCREDIBLE
Ranma
RealGM

DJ Highlight Reel Mix 

Post#289 » by Ranma » Thu Mar 13, 2014 5:17 pm

I thought I saw this already posted but I guess not.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ea8RpwAeKSg[/youtube]
mkwest
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#290 » by mkwest » Sun Mar 23, 2014 2:26 am

2014 Team Photo
mttwlsn16
Head Coach
And1: 1,983

Post#291 » by mttwlsn16 » Sun Mar 23, 2014 4:54 am

mkwest wrote:2014 Team Photo

What is granger looking at
mkwest
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#292 » by mkwest » Mon Mar 24, 2014 3:03 am

11 Game Winning Streak
Spoiler:
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dC04lt_rV7w[/youtube]

Blake Griffin - The Developing Point Guard
Spoiler:
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=imD_-HD1_Fw[/youtube]
HOOPSMAK
Ballboy
And1: 1

Post#293 » by HOOPSMAK » Thu Apr 3, 2014 11:36 pm

Wammy Giveaway
Starter
And1: 1,091

Wammy Radio - Clippers Podcast 

Post#294 » by Wammy Giveaway » Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:57 pm

This is a special Los Angeles Clippers Edition of Wammy Radio. A season wrap up of the red, white, and blue, split into parts, each featuring a special guest.

Part 1: The Introduction
- Radio personality Jimmy Church gives us his testimonial on the Los Angeles Clippers, dating back to the vetoed Lakers trade

Yep, that is me on the mic. And I do play songs on my podcast.
Wammy Giveaway
Starter

Post#295 » by Wammy Giveaway » Tue Apr 15, 2014 5:26 pm

Part 2: The Season In A Nutshell
- Clipperblog writer Fred Katz gives us a season recap, the maturation of Blake Griffin, the Eric Bledsoe trade, rookie Reggie Bullock, and the DeAndre Jordan reclamation project
Wammy Giveaway
Starter

Post#296 » by Wammy Giveaway » Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:00 pm

Part 3: Clippers Psychology 101
- Clips Nation managing editor Steve Perrin talks about the mindset of the Clippers, Donald Sterling's "come-to-Jesus moment," the Blake Griffin hate and the unjust ejection vs. Warriors, DeAndre Jordan's confidence, and how the Spurs, Warriors and Grizzlies will all pose a psychological challenge to the Clippers should they meet in the playoffs
mkwest
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#297 » by mkwest » Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:23 am

LACtv 2013-14 Bloopers
Spoiler:
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jVgUdSSFIk[/youtube]
Wammy Giveaway
Starter

Post#298 » by Wammy Giveaway » Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:46 pm

Part 4: The Eric Pincus Report
- Basketball Insiders contributor and Los Angeles Times beat writer for the Lakers Eric Pincus forecasts the Clipper's salary cap, goes over the Doc Rivers trade and subsequent gag order, previews the 2014 NBA Draft and who the Clips may go after, and whether or not the Clippers will go after a third superstar to pair with Chris Paul, Blake Griffin and DeAndre Jordan next season
mttwlsn16
Head Coach
And1: 1,983

Post#299 » by mttwlsn16 » Sat Apr 19, 2014 3:28 am

State Farm[REGISTERED SIGN] Commercial - Future of the Assist (Ch…: http://youtu.be/S4Pz8ErgM70

On my phone. New state farm commercial ft steph curry
Wammy Giveaway
Starter

Post#300 » by Wammy Giveaway » Sun Apr 20, 2014 3:46 am

Bonus: Clipcasting with Chris Wylde
- Actor and comedian Chris Wylde gives us his Clippers take, and I get an invaluable lesson of interviewing celebrities, plus some love for Pocos Pero Locos, Madelyn Burke, DC Comics, and Hair: The Musical

Return to Los Angeles Clippers