R.I.P. 4-1-So Sick Ass Rell
madmaxmedia
RealGM
And1: 6,755

Re: Around the NBA 

Post#82 » by madmaxmedia » Thu May 5, 2011 6:27 pm

Here's a good article on Zach-
http://stacheketball.neswblogs.com/2011 ... -randolph/

I think he basically developed a mostly unfounded reputation as bad-team stat-stuffer and offensive black hole, and never played on a good enough team to dispel those tags. The fact that he has always rebounded well should show that he at least plays with effort- he's not big or athletic enough to get those RPG numbers without working for it.

We weren't great when he was here, OTOH we also had Baron Davis too. But Baron had played on playoff teams previously, so the perception is different.
playaloc916
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,291

Post#83 » by playaloc916 » Thu May 5, 2011 7:19 pm

BadNFluenz wrote:whats up with the pic? context-wise i mean
i always wondered

:)

I'm not sure myself, but apparently it was from the Ball Don't Lie blog. I couldn't find the original post, but whoever created did a hell of a job, it looks so real, not to mention, strange.

Too bad there wasn't a program where you could switch him with other players. I'd love to see a Kendrick Perkins one :lol:
mkwest
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 5,728

Post#84 » by mkwest » Sat May 7, 2011 8:12 am

Dallas lead the Lakers 3-0 with game 4 at home on Sunday. Who would have thunk it? Dirk has been phenomenal. He's one of those players that I would love to see win a championship before it's all done. Kidd too for that matter. It's good to see Dirk getting some of his props back. I think he's been overlooked and underrated in the past couple of seasons. Still the best PF in the game.

It was looking like the Hawks were going to make this a more interesting series with their game one performance, but have come back down to earth in the last 2. They haven't advanced passed the semis in over 40 years.
thanumba2clippersfan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 700

Post#85 » by thanumba2clippersfan » Sat May 7, 2011 5:04 pm

Seems like Lakers have chocked down the stretch twice in the close games. I think they would be more successful if they don't double Dirk or don't leave him. I saw countless times where they just left Dirk wide open. The Mavs do have many 3 point shooters so maybe it's easier said than done. No one has ever come back from being down 3-0, so Lakers are probably done. I'm not really a fan of the Mavs, but they have looked really good this round.
I've been an LA Clipper fan since 1998 and that will never change. I hate our new logo and jerseys!
mkwest
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#86 » by mkwest » Sun May 8, 2011 10:55 pm

Mavs brought the brooms out to the American Airlines Center today. I missed most of the first half, but was shocked to come in and see the score at 50-32. The point disparity got worse (or better depending on who you were rooting for) as the game went on. I was really disappointed with the actions of Odom and Bynum. I understand the frustration, but you've got to be better than that. This is (likely) Phil's last game with the Lakers, and they represented him very poorly. These players might piss you off, but at the end of the day it's another human being trying to feed his family just like you. It's Mother's Day and Barea's mom can't fully celebrate her son's success today without seeing the hard cheap shot on her son. You've got to respect the game and these actions showed anything but that.

Onto the Bulls & Hawks...
playaloc916
Assistant Coach

Post#87 » by playaloc916 » Tue May 10, 2011 12:28 am

The West is getting really interesting with the Lakers eliminated. The Mavs really brought it, and now they've got a few days to rest with the other teams are still playing. And what a classless way the Lakers went out. I wouldn't be surprised if Bynum gets some nasty karma, with all those dangerous 'bows he's been throwing. I'm guessing his favorite videogame was Fatal Fury, the way he's imitating Andy Bogard out there (doubt anyone will get this reference, lol).

Memphis and OKC seem pretty evenly matched. In the event that the Memphis goes onto play Dallas, that should be even more interesting. IIRC, Memphis was 3-1 against Dallas during the regular season. The ways things are going, we might even see Memphis vs Miami in the finals :o
thanumba2clippersfan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#88 » by thanumba2clippersfan » Tue May 10, 2011 5:41 am

Crazy game in Memphis just ended. Thunder and Grizz went to 3OT, Thunder win by 10.
I've been an LA Clipper fan since 1998 and that will never change. I hate our new logo and jerseys!
mkwest
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#89 » by mkwest » Tue May 10, 2011 6:04 am

Memphis and OKC going the distance tonight in a triple OT battle of attrition. It wasn't pretty, but there was a lot of excitement. The Russell Westbrook Show starring Russell Westbrook and featuring his trusty sidekick, Kevin Durant. Well, at least in the mind of Westbrook :nonono: I'm fine with whoever wins, but I'm feeling Memphis right now. Had they won tonight, then a Dallas/Memphis match-up would have been really interesting. With OKC outlasting the Grizzlies in Memphis, the ball is literally back in their court. It was a must win for the Thunder and they will have another must win game on Wednesday. Neither has one back to back games, so simply playing at home may not be a guarantee. We'll see. :D

I fully expected Boston to get the win tonight, but they just ran out of gas in the end. I could have really seen the league wanting this one to go 7, but the odds are against that now. These old teams are going to have to get younger/more athletic if they want to compete moving forward.

playaloc916 wrote:I wouldn't be surprised if Bynum gets some nasty karma, with all those dangerous 'bows he's been throwing. I'm guessing his favorite videogame was Fatal Fury, the way he's imitating Andy Bogard out there (doubt anyone will get this reference, lol).

Nice lol. I was familiar with the game and the name, but I had to go look that up.
mkwest
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#90 » by mkwest » Wed May 11, 2011 2:50 am

Wizards new uniforms/logos. I like them for the most part, especially the home whites. That dc logo is a little suspect though :lol:
playaloc916
Assistant Coach

Post#91 » by playaloc916 » Wed May 11, 2011 3:59 am

mkwest wrote:That dc logo is a little suspect though :lol:

Kaman might be having flashbacks after seeing that logo.
thanumba2clippersfan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#92 » by thanumba2clippersfan » Wed May 11, 2011 5:59 pm

I saw on the wiretap that Robert "Tractor" Traylor passed away due to a heart attack. He was only 34, what a shame.
mkwest
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#93 » by mkwest » Wed May 11, 2011 11:30 pm

playaloc916 wrote:
mkwest wrote:That dc logo is a little suspect though :lol:

Kaman might be having flashbacks after seeing that logo.

That guy is NUTS! RT @lacroix12: @ChrisKaman how do u really feel about Reggie Evans lol

Chris Kaman via Twitter

thanumba2clippersfan wrote:I saw on the wiretap that Robert "Tractor" Traylor passed away due to a heart attack. He was only 34, what a shame.

That was sad to hear. 34 is entirely too young to go.
mkwest
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#94 » by mkwest » Fri May 13, 2011 10:54 pm

Source: Lakers eye Mike Dunleavy

The Los Angeles Lakers have had to replace two coaching legends in the last 20 years: Phil Jackson and Pat Riley. The only time it's worked out well, the team turned to Mike Dunleavy. They're thinking of doing the same again this time.

Dunleavy was contacted by the team this week and is said to be on the team's current "short list" to succeed Jackson, according to a source with knowledge of the situation.

Though his recent history with the Clippers was unsuccessful, Dunleavy is still viewed as a strong tactician with an impressive history of postseason success. He was the NBA Coach of the Year in 1999 with the Portland Trail Blazers.

The Lakers have always thought fondly of the job he did in replacing Riley in 1990, leading the team to an upset over the Trail Blazers in the 1991 Western Conference finals before losing to Jackson's Chicago Bulls in the NBA Finals.

Dunleavy has maintained a friendship with Lakers owner Dr. Jerry Buss and his son, Jim Buss. As recently as last year, he watched Lakers games with Buss from his suite at Staples Center.

Ramona Shelburne, ESPN Los Angeles
thanumba2clippersfan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#95 » by thanumba2clippersfan » Sun May 15, 2011 6:48 pm

I find it interesting that the Lakers are interested in Dunleavy again. Maybe he can do better with better players and a "fresh" start.
mkwest
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#96 » by mkwest » Wed May 18, 2011 6:42 am

Big games from both Dirk and Durant tonight. 48 points (12-15 FG, 24-24 FT) for Dirk and 40 points (10-18 FG, 2-5 3FG, 18-19 FT). JJ Barea came up huge off the bench once again. Dirk in the zone right now. He's played phenomenally this year and I'm happy for him. A few years of early exits and he was getting disrespected. He's in absolute beast mode right now.
thanumba2clippersfan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#97 » by thanumba2clippersfan » Wed May 18, 2011 4:33 pm

Thunder will need to come up with a new strategy to guard Dirk. He absolutely abused Ibaka.
mkwest
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#98 » by mkwest » Tue May 24, 2011 4:47 am

Dirk.
playaloc916
Assistant Coach

Post#99 » by playaloc916 » Wed May 25, 2011 10:21 pm

It's looking more and more like a Dallas vs. Miami rematch in the FInals. That would be a great series. Balanced squad of veterans vs the Big 2.5. I'm rooting for the Mavs. Kidd deserves a title before he retires. All I can say is it's going to be real interesting.
mkwest
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#100 » by mkwest » Wed May 25, 2011 11:12 pm

playaloc916 wrote:It's looking more and more like a Dallas vs. Miami rematch in the FInals. That would be a great series. Balanced squad of veterans vs the Big 2.5. I'm rooting for the Mavs. Kidd deserves a title before he retires. All I can say is it's going to be real interesting.

In all honesty, I'm good with whoever wins between the two, but I'm strongly favoring the Mavs for the same reason as you.

Dirk has been insane this postseason and reminded ppl that he is still the best PF in the game. This could very well be his best chance to get one. The Mavs could look totally different next year with Chandler, Butler, Barea, and even Peja all being free-agents on July 1st. If an amnesty clause is inserted in the new CBA, then perhaps Haywood could be an odd man out.

Kidd is a hall of famer and one of the best pg's the game has ever seen. He's 38 and noone knows how much juice he has left in the tank. He's still effective, but you don't really want to heavily rely on 39 year old legs next years if your the Mavs. A championship that he was a big part of (not just a ring-chaser) would cap an amazing career. I like Cuban and totally respect the way that he has turned that franchise around. I just feel that this is it for the Mavs after suffering a lot of heartache the last few years. They have to leave it all on the court.

One thing that I'm concerned about is Caron Butler. He hasn't been cleared for practice yet, and would need at least a week (way more than that in reality) before trying to play a game. We all saw what happened when the Magic brought Jameer Nelson back in the finals. If Butler comes back, I think it needs to be in a very limited role off of the bench. Can't afford to mess up the on-court chemistry by changing up the rotation.

Return to Los Angeles Clippers