Retired Mod
And1: 5,728

Round 1 | Game 3 | Los Angeles (1) @ Golden State (1) | 4/24 

Post#1 » by mkwest » Wed Apr 23, 2014 6:43 am

Who:
ImageImage

What:

Where: Oracle Arena in Oakland, CA

When: Thursday, April 24th, 2014 @ 7:30PM (PDT)
TV: Image / TNT
Radio: Image

The Supporting Cast

ImageImageImageImageImage
Steph Curry| Klay Thompson | Andre Iguodala | David Lee | Jermaine O'neal

Reserves
ImageImageImageImageImage
Steve Blake | Jordan Crawford | Harrison Barnes | Draymond Green | Marreese Speights

Inactive List:
None to report.

Andrew Bogut (Broken Right Rib), Festus Ezeli (Right Knee) and Nemanja Nedovic (Strained Calf) are out.

Postseason Team Leaders and Statistics

Blake Griffin - 25.5 Points (9th) in 24.5 MPG
DeAndre Jordan - 11.5 Rebounds (5th) and 5.0 Blocks (1st) in 37.5 MPG
Chris Paul - 9.0 Assists (2nd) and 4.5 Steals (1st) in 32.0 MPG

Team Performance
RS Road Record: 23-18 (.561)
121.5 Points Per Game - 2nd Overall
103.5 Points Allowed - 13th Overall
.309 Offensive Rebounds % - 4th Overall
.646 Defensive Rebounds % - 15th Overall
13.1 Turnovers Per 100 Poss. - 12th Overall
20.6 Forced Turnovers Per 100 Poss. - 1st Overall
46.8% on 3 point field goals - 2nd Overall
32.6% allowed on 3 point field goals - 7th Overall
0.327 FTA per FGA: 2nd overall
0.241 FTA per FGA Allowed: 7th Overall
Offensive Rating: 111.9 Points Scored Per 100 Possessions - 1st Overall
Defensive Rating: 104.7 Points Allowed Per 100 Possessions - 9th Overall
Pace: 95.8 possessions per 48 Minutes - 7th Overall

Stephen Curry - 19.0 Points, 7.5 Assists (5th) and 2.5 Steals (4th) in 38.0 MPG (20th)
David Lee - 8.5 Rebounds (18th) in 28.0 MPG
Draymond Green - 1.5 Blocks (12th) in 23.0 MPG

Team Performance
RS Home Record: 27-14 (.656)
103.5 Points Per Game - 4th Overall
121.5 Points Allowed - 15th Overall
.354 Offensive Rebound % - 2nd Overall
.691 Defensive Rebounds % - 13th Overall
20.6 Turnovers Per 100 Poss. - 16th Overall
13.1 Forced Turnovers Per 100 Poss. - 5th Overall
32.6% on 3 point field goals - 10th Overall
46.8% allowed on 3 point field goals - 15th Overall
0.241 FTA per FGA: 10th Overall
0.327 FTA per FGA Allowed: 15th Overall
Offensive Rating: 103.6 Points Scored Per 100 Possessions - 10th Overall
Defensive Rating: 121.6 Points Allowed Per 100 Possessions - 16th Overall
Pace: 99.9 possessions per 48 Minutes - 1st Overall

mttwlsn16
Head Coach
And1: 1,983

Re: Round 1 | Game 3 | Los Angeles (1) @ Golden State (1) |  

Post#2 » by mttwlsn16 » Wed Apr 23, 2014 12:48 pm

Time to go up 2-1. Come out and play exactly like we did in game 2
LACtdom
Sixth Man
And1: 341

Post#3 » by LACtdom » Wed Apr 23, 2014 1:11 pm

If Blake and CP3 attack the basket then good things will happen. I see us stealing this one.
QRich3
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,946

Post#4 » by QRich3 » Wed Apr 23, 2014 2:40 pm

Probably the most important game of the series. This game could be the difference between a backdoor sweep or a very long series, depending how it goes.

If the game is a normal boring one we should win it confortably. If there's a lot of weird stuff happening we could be in trouble: Curry heating up for 50+, Thompson making 10+ threes, lots of technicals/ejections, them managing to get Blake ejected or in foul trouble, etc.
azncorruptedo17
Starter
And1: 222

Post#5 » by azncorruptedo17 » Wed Apr 23, 2014 2:43 pm

if we don't win by 41+, then we played terribly.
Clipper fan since '95!!
kylem4711
Sixth Man
And1: 518

Post#6 » by kylem4711 » Wed Apr 23, 2014 3:29 pm

i can't handle that this game is not on already.

I cant wait to see the oracle crowd too. I still remember when they came in and beat the #1 seat dallas. baron was so dope back then
Quake Griffin
RealGM
And1: 4,640

Post#7 » by Quake Griffin » Wed Apr 23, 2014 3:37 pm

It's time to prove we are a mentally tough team....it's time to prove we can beat the good teams on the road.

IDC if we're at Staples, Oracle or on the moon....there's nothing this team can do to stop Griffin.

Keys:
Griffin
Turnovers low
Defensive rebounding
Continue to agitate Curry with ball pressure and doubling off the pick and roll.

^^^
these are things we can control.

what we can't control:
refs
crowd
insane shots made by Curry.

we must be strong i nthe areas we can control so the areas we can't control don't run wild on us. Even if theyre at home, the Warriors still want a game like Game 1 in order to beat us.
“I’ve always felt that drafting is the life blood of any organization.” - Jerome Alan West.
ejftw
General Manager
And1: 3,956

Post#8 » by ejftw » Wed Apr 23, 2014 7:35 pm

Going to feel good to shut down "Roaracle" for the next two games
Wammy Giveaway
Starter
And1: 1,091

Post#9 » by Wammy Giveaway » Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:30 pm

Winning at the Oracle will be very difficult. The Clippers are the only team to have lost all their games at Oakland since their win at Christmas. The Warriors, as we all know, had the Clippers number since winning the season series last season and rigging the Christmas game to get Blake Griffin ejected. When they won Game 1, it was all over.

Shocking stat ahead: every time the Clippers lost Game 1, they lost the series. It has happened four times:

1992 - Lost Game 1, required tying the series, lost Game 5 (opponent: Jazz)
1993 - Lost Game 1, alternated wins, lost Game 5 (opponent: Rockets)
1997 - Lost Game 1, automatic sweep in Game 3 (opponent: Jazz)
2006 - Lost Game 1, alternated wins, lost Game 7 (opponent: Suns)

The loss to the Dubs in Game 1 made it look like the Clippers were finished. But then, a miracle happened. In Game 2, a Herculean effort was achieved in the following feats:

1) Blake Griffin had a playoff career high
2) DeAndre Jordan matched Elton Brand's consecutive streak of blocks
3) the Clippers achieved a playoff career high in margin of victory

For all the times that the Clippers never took the Warriors seriously, for turning the Warriors into a playoff team, and for losing Game 1 to the Warriors, it served as a wake up call. By disrespecting a lottery team last season, they inadvertently helped turned the enemy team into a playoff contender. When the Warriors got Blake Griffin ejected, the Clippers panicked and nearly traded him. When the Clippers lost Game 1, their greatest fears came to reality, from Skip Bayless to the folks at ESPN LA saying "Chris Paul will lose his superstar status" and "The Clippers will forever be known as the boy who cried wolf." Those were the words the team needed to hear, and they finally understood.

By winning Game 2 in convincing fashion, the Clippers not only made a statement, they realized the errors of their ways. Game 2 served as an apology to the basketball gods and to their fans, saying they were sorry for underestimating the Warriors, and vowed they will never treat another professional team lightly ever again. The Clippers now know that the Warriors are a title contender, and Golden State will do everything in their power to destroy them. Now it's the Clipper's turn to turn the tables on the team they should have never helped into the playoffs in the first place.

Teams who win a game that featured a margin of victory of 40 points or more go on to win the series 90% of the time. The Clippers now have a chance to face their fears and clean the skeletons out of their closet. It will be the most important series in their franchise lives, for this rivalry could help them get past the Memphis Grizzlies or Oklahoma City Thunder in the second round.

Have fun storming the Oracle.

DLaren
Pro Prospect
And1: 748

Post#10 » by DLaren » Thu Apr 24, 2014 12:01 am

Wammy Giveaway wrote:Winning at the Oracle will be very difficult.

No it won't.

Blake already showed you what he thinks of Warriors fans; and I'm sure the sentiment is shared roster-wide.

There's not a drop of fear in their hearts going into Oracle Arena.

Wammy Giveaway wrote:The loss to the Dubs in Game 1 made it look like the Clippers were finished. But then, a miracle happened. In Game 2, a Herculean effort was achieved in the following feats

You act like the whole roster put-up a career night. There's nothing "Herculean" about Blake scoring 35; that's light-work when the guys guarding you are avid Lee & Jermain O'Neal. Blake could get 50 in one of these games, CP3 could throw-up 30 & 18, DJ might get a 20/20 night...THAT will be "Herculean".

Wammy Giveaway wrote:The Clippers now know that the Warriors are a title contender

Stop it...the Warriors have had a cute-little season, but when the two best players in a series are playing on the same team the result is a quick-end for the opposition.

Wammy Giveaway wrote:Have fun storming the Oracle.

We will, thanks...oh and before you leave, head over to the Warriors board and caution them against sitting near any idle cups while at the game...
1.Jordan 2.Kareem 3.Lebron 4.Magic 5.Bird 6.Russell 7.Duncan 8.Wilt 9.Kobe 10.Shaq
Wammy Giveaway
Starter
And1: 1,091

Post#11 » by Wammy Giveaway » Thu Apr 24, 2014 1:02 am

Laren, you made it sound like I was a Warriors fan.

I haven't betrayed the Clippers, and I'm not going to now.

I've been keeping an eye on this team since the Chris Paul veto. Growing up a Lakers fan, I know what it's like for a team to have to face adversity. The Lakers have always conquered through because of Dr. Jerry Buss and his Midas touch. The Clippers have always been the opposite, running away from their problems, until they got CP3 to help them face their fears. Slowly and surely, they've been learning lessons on how to become a true title contender, and possibly, a dynasty. Over the years, my loyalty for the Lakers has drifted away into nothing, not because of the veto, but for the realization that a changing of the guard has taken place. And I'm glad for them. Really.

Of all the interviews I've done for my Clippers season wrap-up podcast (see the Multimedia thread), with names like Jimmy Church, Fred Katz, Steve Perrin, Eric Pincus, Chris Wylde and Woobly O'Balls, they've all shared the same sentiment: it's a new world, the Clippers have changed, and I've welcomed it.

So please do not assume my post above was a stab at a Clippers and a root-root-root for their arch rival. That post up there describes a team going through a growth spurt. The Clippers are shedding their step child persona and is about to become a man.
Neddy
RealGM
And1: 3,908

Post#12 » by Neddy » Thu Apr 24, 2014 1:36 am

Wammy Giveaway wrote:I've been keeping an eye on this team since the Chris Paul veto. Growing up a Lakers fan, I know what it's like for a team to have to face adversity. The Lakers have always conquered through because of Dr. Jerry Buss and his Midas touch.

wut

i have no personal beef with you, but i need to correct some of your line of thoughts. again, nothing personal, just your post right here, right now.

#1. you growing up a lakerfan taught you how to deal with adversities? being a laker fan is the last place in the NBA to learn how to persevere through adversities, let alone even know what adversities really mean in NBA. all the championships in the 80s, then shaq and kobe, then kobe and pau weren't enough for ya??? really, GTFOutta here with that.

#2. if you call buying draft picks from teams in financial trouble due to lack of attendance and thus little cash flow, being genius with a midas touch then well... yeah okay... whatever. but rules were different back then. lakers used being the only team at the time in the biggest basketball market in the world of that era, into building perennial super teams, and still lost at the big dance repeatedly when they had Wilt, Jerry West, Elgin baylor, gail goodrich and the rest of your allstars. playing in los angeles and its celebrity fan base brought media attention, was able to outspend their way into being perennial champions only when they had magic and worthy by buying the picks with cash.
would you call the Yankee GMs over the years geniuses for winning all that ships with the biggest budget on the planet? having the deepest pocket is even making Ned Colletti look like a... well.

Wammy Giveaway wrote:The Clippers have always been the opposite, running away from their problems, until they got CP3 to help them face their fears. Slowly and surely, they've been learning lessons on how to become a true title contender, and possibly, a dynasty.

nope. we have attempted many tries to turn the ship around.

first came Larry Brown. we had become respectable and made back to back playoffs, then Larry pulled being Larry and left. DTS then did what DTS does when there is no strong basketball mind in the organization and went back t being cheap.

then came Mike D Sr. i was actually one of the very last standing supporters of Dunleavy through the years. he was the man that was able to get rid of the cancer that was Elgin Baylor. for those who have been following the clips for a long time, remember when Baylor drafted Wilcox then Ely in the same draft and wasted two high picks in the first round? he drafted one PF to trade that was supposedly in the pocket, then drafted another to keep. well Elgin was a sucker and this allowed the other GM to draft whom he really wanted by having the clips be duped. how stupid can you get? Mike Dunleavy fixed that problem for good, and brought in Sam Cassell and signed Cat Mobley. Signing Cat Mobley was the biggest turning point of this franchise. this was the very first time a well known FA who was not washed up and out of other options came to the clippers willingly, and Cat delivered. Mike D had a plan, and that plan was to built around Shawn Livingston becoming the next magic. then the tragedy struck.
it's not Mike D's fault that we faltered, and Elton brand became Felton in my book (F Elton was the meaning) after ditching us.

only after all this, then came the CP3 era, but not before drafting Blake. so to say the clippers turn around only came after we got CP3 is deadly wrong. CP3 was the end of the journey for the transformation, not the beginning.

Wammy Giveaway wrote:Over the years, my loyalty for the Lakers has drifted away into nothing, not because of the veto, but for the realization that a changing of the guard has taken place. And I'm glad for them. Really.

so, will you be leaving us for another franchise once that "changing of the guard" takes place? everything that has a beginning has an end (borrowing the words from the Oracle of the Matrix) and all things that has a rise will fall someday. will you be gone when the clips start the next cycle of sucking?

Wammy Giveaway wrote:Of all the interviews I've done for my Clippers season wrap-up podcast (see the Multimedia thread), with names like Jimmy Church, Fred Katz, Steve Perrin, Eric Pincus, Chris Wylde and Woobly O'Balls, they've all shared the same sentiment: it's a new world, the Clippers have changed, and I've welcomed it.

I thought you were Chris Wylde. now I have no idea of who you are. that's why i said if you were the one being called a **** by drew gooden.

Wammy Giveaway wrote:So please do not assume my post above was a stab at a Clippers and a root-root-root for their arch rival. That post up there describes a team going through a growth spurt. The Clippers are shedding their step child persona and is about to become a man.

I really didn't mean to make you look like a bad fan or anything, but truly your this particular post did not sit well with me and felt compelled to make my points.

sorry If i offended you. that was not the purpose of this reply.
ehhhhh f it.
thanumba2clippersfan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 700

Post#13 » by thanumba2clippersfan » Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:11 am

I expect the Warriors to play better tomorrow since we destroyed them and they'll be at home. Winning on the road is never easy, but I feel like this team can really do it. As long as we can defend and rebound the ball we should be OK. Now I expect the Warriors will result in being extra physical with us and try to knock us off our game. If we aren't able to play our game this could be a close one. Defense is still the key even if our offense isn't flowing. And if we win tomorrow night I think we should be able to take the series.
I've been an LA Clipper fan since 1998 and that will never change. I hate our new logo and jerseys!
Neddy
RealGM
And1: 3,908

Post#14 » by Neddy » Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:14 am

thanumba2clippersfan wrote:I expect the Warriors to play better tomorrow since we destroyed them and they'll be at home. Winning on the road is never easy, but I feel like this team can really do it. As long as we can defend and rebound the ball we should be OK. Now I expect the Warriors will result in being extra physical with us and try to knock us off our game. If we aren't able to play our game this could be a close one. Defense is still the key even if our offense isn't flowing. And if we win tomorrow night I think we should be able to take the series.

i think the key is blake not letting the warriors take advantage of his emotions and rather take charge of making the aggressive warriors front line to be in foul trouble, and keep going aggressively but smartly to the basket like he has done in game 2. stay in game, and blake will deliver.
ehhhhh f it.
azncorruptedo17
Starter

Post#15 » by azncorruptedo17 » Thu Apr 24, 2014 3:40 am

key is just to not get into foul trouble. lol
Clipper fan since '95!!
mttwlsn16
Head Coach
And1: 1,983

Post#16 » by mttwlsn16 » Thu Apr 24, 2014 3:46 am

Can
Not
Wait
Til
Tomorrow
Night
50CALguns
Junior
And1: 93

Post#17 » by 50CALguns » Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:33 am

Lets get the show on the road, already!

Any buzz among Warriors fans about the "water cup" incident/retaliation?
azncorruptedo17
Starter

Post#18 » by azncorruptedo17 » Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:46 am

50CALguns wrote:Lets get the show on the road, already!

Any buzz among Warriors fans about the "water cup" incident/retaliation?

my whole take on it = ... it's mother f'ing water.... gtfoooutta here and nobody needs to bring up the mother f'ing topic up anymore. [i'm not directing this to you 50cal, i'm directing it to everyone in general]

it doesn't affect the game like JKidd did with soda on the floor.

it's f'ing water. the only thing bg32 should be guilty of is wasting water while 3rd world countries around the world don't have clean water.
Clipper fan since '95!!
50CALguns
Junior
And1: 93

Post#19 » by 50CALguns » Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:03 am

In a weird way, I kinda hope they do something.
All in fun, nothing too outrageous.
This is a rivalry, right?
Ranma
RealGM
And1: 4,062

Ethan Sherwood Strauss: Clips > Dubs 

Post#20 » by Ranma » Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:16 am

Ethan Sherwood Strauss, ESPN (4/22/14)
He got his first technical foul of the season with 2:00 left in the third quarter Monday night. "I don't drive to the hole that often, I guess, so I thought I drew enough contact to get a couple calls. But they thought otherwise, so I just wanted to let them know."

He's selective about voicing his opinion. Earlier in the week, when asked about lobbying for calls in the way Paul does, Curry said, "I would get very tired talking every possession, every play."

Paul's method of constantly haranguing the refs might not endear him to opposing fans, but it's probably more effective than keeping quiet. For Curry to get the Warriors through this series, he'll have to enter the fray in more ways than this, though.

The Clippers are forcing the league's best shooter to either give up the ball or drive. In the third quarter, Curry had success splitting their double-teams and taking it to the hole, tallying 20 points in that stanza. The sight of spindly Steph flinging his body into defenders is unusual, but Doc Rivers' defense leaves few options. After the game, Curry spoke multiple times of how he needed to figure out "how to get downhill," a diagnosis he rarely offers in the regular season.

Golden State would certainly prefer that Curry's primary options be an open 3-pointer or a slick pocket pass to a driving David Lee. The playoffs call for different measures. In pursuit of victory, the ever-popular point guard may have to risk his body and risk his nice-guy reputation.

Tougher times ahead for Steph Curry
LA Legends: Kershaw & Koufax_ Image _IGNORED: Max Headrom-esqtvd-QRich3-EBledsoe12-alon8882-45clip

Return to Los Angeles Clippers