C.J. Wilcox

Moderators: og15, TrueLAfan

QRich3
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,946

Re: C.J. Wilcox 

Post#21 » by QRich3 » Mon Jun 30, 2014 4:56 pm

Yeah agree with most, I love watching Crawford and if he leaves I'm gonna miss the uhh's and ohh's he makes me do on the regular. But he's not a good player, his defense hurts the team more than any other thing in the roster, and his offense, as pleasing to watch as he is, takes us away from the sytem, therefore making us score at a lower rate. Cause even when he's feelin it and you think he's having a great game, most of the time you look at the scoreboard and he's 6-14, or 7-18 or something like that. And most of those shots are 1-on-1 isos with little chance for an offensive rebound.

Re: CJ Wilcox, I haven't seen the guy play, but drafting a wing role player with potential to be a good defender and floor spacer was absolutely the thing to do. Without knowing much about them, I'd rather have had a McDaniels type, only because of the length and because we already had Reggie as a long SG, if we slide him to SF he loses a lot of his advantage. But if they think Wilcox has a better chance to pan out than McDaniels, by all means I agree with the pick.

Now it's not looking good for Grover to be back, we already have 4 SG's (5 if you count Dudley) and we're trying to re-sign Collison who is another combo guard :(
mj_shoefanatic
Assistant Coach
And1: 104

Post#22 » by mj_shoefanatic » Mon Jun 30, 2014 7:37 pm

Dudley has to GO!!!
illastrate
Starter
And1: 629

Post#23 » by illastrate » Mon Jun 30, 2014 7:39 pm

QRich3 wrote:Yeah agree with most, I love watching Crawford and if he leaves I'm gonna miss the uhh's and ohh's he makes me do on the regular. But he's not a good player, his defense hurts the team more than any other thing in the roster, and his offense, as pleasing to watch as he is, takes us away from the sytem, therefore making us score at a lower rate. Cause even when he's feelin it and you think he's having a great game, most of the time you look at the scoreboard and he's 6-14, or 7-18 or something like that. And most of those shots are 1-on-1 isos with little chance for an offensive rebound.

Re: CJ Wilcox, I haven't seen the guy play, but drafting a wing role player with potential to be a good defender and floor spacer was absolutely the thing to do. Without knowing much about them, I'd rather have had a McDaniels type, only because of the length and because we already had Reggie as a long SG, if we slide him to SF he loses a lot of his advantage. But if they think Wilcox has a better chance to pan out than McDaniels, by all means I agree with the pick.

Now it's not looking good for Grover to be back, we already have 4 SG's (5 if you count Dudley) and we're trying to re-sign Collison who is another combo guard :(

I think Jamal has to go(along with Dudley). Wilcox fits this offense better. None of those isos in the playoffs that hurt the team when he wasn't hitting his shots.
QRich3
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#24 » by QRich3 » Tue Jul 1, 2014 8:23 am

Yeah but don't forget Wilcox is not gonna see a lot of playing time next year, just like Bullock didn't last year. Whoever we were gonna draft was always gonna be 2-3 years away from getting any serious consideration as a rotation player, that's why I thought it made no sense to draft a big man or anything that fit with this years needs. Both Wilcox and Bullock were drafted to fit the long term make up of the roster.
TheNewEra
RealGM
And1: 10,409

Post#25 » by TheNewEra » Tue Jul 1, 2014 12:35 pm

If every rookie is a project why is Doc keep drafting seasoned college players. You don't sit juniors or older players to develop slowly they are there to contribute.
QRich3
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#26 » by QRich3 » Tue Jul 1, 2014 2:19 pm

Well, imagine if he were to draft a freshman :)

Nah I agree with his thinking, rookies make mistakes even if they're a bit older, and you can't allow that when you're playing deep in the playoffs. A guy like Willie Green, he's not the most talented or athletic guy out there, but he knows his place and you know he's never gonna try to bite more than he can chew, that's why he had a role in this team. A young player in his rookie contract though, has a tendency to look for his before the team, be overconfident and f*ck up badly, even the most talented guys.

What's the last championship team you remember that played a rookie heavy minutes? even with sophomores the only cases I can remember are Rondo in '08 and Leonard last year, and they're two players that stand out for their maturity on the court. And their talent also, something you're not likely to find with the 28th pick.
Quake Griffin
RealGM
And1: 4,640

Post#27 » by Quake Griffin » Tue Jul 1, 2014 4:45 pm

QRich3 wrote:Well, imagine if he were to draft a freshman :)

Nah I agree with his thinking, rookies make mistakes even if they're a bit older, and you can't allow that when you're playing deep in the playoffs. A guy like Willie Green, he's not the most talented or athletic guy out there, but he knows his place and you know he's never gonna try to bite more than he can chew, that's why he had a role in this team. A young player in his rookie contract though, has a tendency to look for his before the team, be overconfident and f*ck up badly, even the most talented guys.

What's the last championship team you remember that played a rookie heavy minutes? even with sophomores the only cases I can remember are Rondo in '08 and Leonard last year, and they're two players that stand out for their maturity on the court. And their talent also, something you're not likely to find with the 28th pick.

So we dont trust Reggie in 2014....Wonder if we're going to trust him in 2015.

They have to bump their heads at some point to grow.
“I’ve always felt that drafting is the life blood of any organization.” - Jerome Alan West.
50CALguns
Junior
And1: 93

Post#28 » by 50CALguns » Wed Jul 2, 2014 4:29 am

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1HkUO7VN-A[/youtube]

P.S. Does Rivers take a jab at someone at about 1:50? (after CJ describes what he saw from the Clippers games he watched). Says it jokingly, but...
Neddy
RealGM
And1: 3,908

Post#29 » by Neddy » Wed Jul 2, 2014 6:42 am

it must be at Jamal. I see Doc moving him before the training camp for a defensive big already.
ehhhhh f it.
50CALguns
Junior
And1: 93

Post#30 » by 50CALguns » Thu Jul 3, 2014 3:01 am

I have not seen one second of this guy on the court...
But after a few minutes of listening to him, you can tell he's got the IQ.
If he's not a slouch athletically, I'd be willing to bet that he's at least a solid 10-year role guy.
Lindecision
Banned User
And1: 151

Post#31 » by Lindecision » Mon Jul 7, 2014 12:13 pm

Neddy wrote:it must be at Jamal. I see Doc moving him before the training camp for a defensive big already.

Hopefully the Hawes signing rules this out.

Got to keep Jamal.
Ranma
RealGM
And1: 4,062

Hidden Ability 

Post#32 » by Ranma » Fri Oct 3, 2014 7:27 am

[tweet]https://twitter.com/latbbolch/status/517800330222780416[/tweet]
LA Legends: Kershaw & Koufax_ Image _IGNORED: Max Headrom-esqtvd-QRich3-EBledsoe12-alon8882-45clip
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#33 » by Quake Griffin » Fri Oct 3, 2014 1:16 pm

who cares if ur not gonna play him?

Reggie Bullock might as well be a Rookie.
I like Wilcox even more so than Bullock as a rookie. I hope Doc lets him see some floor. I'd like to see some more athletic guys get some burn on the wings, particularly defensively.
“I’ve always felt that drafting is the life blood of any organization.” - Jerome Alan West.
mttwlsn16
Head Coach
And1: 1,983

Post#34 » by mttwlsn16 » Sun Oct 5, 2014 12:52 am

I hope Reggie gets some run this year
Clemenza
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,225

Post#35 » by Clemenza » Wed Oct 15, 2014 8:41 pm

CJ already looks like he has more speed, athleticism, and fire than Bullock. Doc needs to give him some minutes during these last preseason games
og15
Forum Mod - Clippers
Forum Mod - Clippers
And1: 29,173

Post#36 » by og15 » Wed Oct 15, 2014 11:31 pm

True, and let us be assured that if C.J. really showed himself to be a special talent in practice, he would somehow get the minutes that represent that
Neddy
RealGM
And1: 3,908

Post#37 » by Neddy » Thu Oct 16, 2014 3:53 am

mttwlsn16 wrote:I hope Reggie gets some run this year

I think reggie gets traded as a part of a package this season.
ehhhhh f it.
mttwlsn16
Head Coach
And1: 1,983

Post#38 » by mttwlsn16 » Thu Oct 16, 2014 4:08 am

Neddy wrote:
mttwlsn16 wrote:I hope Reggie gets some run this year

I think reggie gets traded as a part of a package this season.

I like him just bc he's a UNC guy, but if we traded him to get a better wing option I'd be all for it
LACtdom
Sixth Man
And1: 341

Post#39 » by LACtdom » Thu Oct 16, 2014 11:00 am

I've always preferred Bullock because of his height/length/experience but from the little i've seen:
Bullock is a safe 3&D player who can take up some minutes whereas CJ provides a bit of spark on offense with some great drives to the basket but has a long way to go.
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#40 » by Quake Griffin » Thu Oct 16, 2014 1:13 pm

what experience?
at the practice facility.

I swear I'm going to blow a head gasket this year if Doc doesnt play the rookies.

Return to Los Angeles Clippers