ImageImageImageImageImage

Game #12 LAC (7-4) @ PedoBears (11-2)

Moderators: og15, TrueLAfan

MartinToVaught
RealGM
And1: 17,193

Re: Game #12 LAC (7-4) @ PedoBears (11-2) 

Post#61 » by MartinToVaught » Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:08 am

kylem4711 wrote:
MartinToVaught wrote:Way to close out that quarter, guys! "Relentless" my ass. Honestly, I wouldn't mind a full rebuild at this point.

well thats just dumb..

Our "superstars" are mentally weak and on the decline (Blake looks like he peaked last year) and the rest of the team blows. This core is never getting past the real teams of the west.
Quake Griffin
RealGM
And1: 4,640

Post#62 » by Quake Griffin » Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:10 am

kylem4711 wrote:
MartinToVaught wrote:Way to close out that quarter, guys! "Relentless" my ass. Honestly, I wouldn't mind a full rebuild at this point.

well thats just dumb..

and you took his back in the other thread when I called him a whiner.

you see the difference between being upset with how your team plays and going full potato?
“I’ve always felt that drafting is the life blood of any organization.” - Jerome Alan West.
MartinToVaught
RealGM

Post#63 » by MartinToVaught » Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:11 am

We are the Cincinnati Bengals of the NBA. Great against bad teams or when the spotlight isn't on us, but don't expect any success in the bright lights or the playoffs.
kylem4711
Sixth Man
And1: 518

Post#64 » by kylem4711 » Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:14 am

Quake Griffin wrote:
kylem4711 wrote:

well thats just dumb..

and you took his back in the other thread when I called him a whiner.

you see the difference between being upset with how your team plays and going full potato?

had his back? ha
i was just saying there was a lot to whine about. just like this game.
what he said was just dumb though.
SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 2,413

Post#65 » by SD2042 » Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:16 am

MartinToVaught wrote:We are the Cincinnati Bengals of the NBA. Great against bad teams or when the spotlight isn't on us, but don't expect any success in the bright lights or the playoffs.

From a Steelers fan, I rather call them the Kittens. In spite of them having some talent on the team, they play like an average team like the Kansas City Chiefs.
LACtdom
Sixth Man
And1: 341

Post#66 » by LACtdom » Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:18 am

I've always believed that we are at our best when we attack the basket (Blake deep in the post, CP driving to the rim off a pick n roll, Barnes cutting, Jamal freezing defenders, etc.). However we seem to be more a jump shooting team which means we will live and die by that. Against Miami and Orlando our 3's were falling nicely, tonight they weren't and we got embarrassed.
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#67 » by Quake Griffin » Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:22 am

what a frustrating series of plays.

GET THE DAMN REBOUND.
“I’ve always felt that drafting is the life blood of any organization.” - Jerome Alan West.
thanumba2clippersfan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 700

Post#68 » by thanumba2clippersfan » Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:28 am

Time to focus on tomorrows game

We lose to the Grizzlies 107-91
I've been an LA Clipper fan since 1998 and that will never change. I hate our new logo and jerseys!
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#69 » by Quake Griffin » Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:31 am

hope this doesnt carry into tomorrow.
Neddy
RealGM
And1: 3,908

Post#70 » by Neddy » Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:53 am

the silver lining in all this is that we are only 12 games into this season. sure we are a 7-5 team right now just two games above .500 but there are 70 more games to be played. lets not act like the sky has fallen and we are the 1987 clippers.

come on people, for any one of us who have stuck with this damn franchise over the years, you know we have been much, much worse. we have broken our winningest seasons back to back in last two seasons. lets not run them under the bus.
ehhhhh f it.
McAdoo
Junior
And1: 44

Post#71 » by McAdoo » Mon Nov 24, 2014 3:43 am

Neddy wrote:the silver lining in all this is that we are only 12 games into this season. sure we are a 7-5 team right now just two games above .500 but there are 70 more games to be played. lets not act like the sky has fallen and we are the 1987 clippers.

come on people, for any one of us who have stuck with this damn franchise over the years, you know we have been much, much worse. we have broken our winningest seasons back to back in last two seasons. lets not run them under the bus.

Thank you for the clear perspective, most of my life as a clippers fan has been just rooting for a win that day and not much else.
It's still way early in the season, we need lots of work but still have a high ceiling.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using RealGM Forums mobile app
Ranma
RealGM
And1: 4,062

Lowe's Tweet 

Post#72 » by Ranma » Mon Nov 24, 2014 3:46 am

[tweet]https://twitter.com/ZachLowe_NBA/status/536727143011856384[/tweet]
LA Legends: Kershaw & Koufax_ Image _IGNORED: Max Headrom-esqtvd-QRich3-EBledsoe12-alon8882-45clip
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#73 » by Quake Griffin » Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:10 am

Neddy wrote:the silver lining in all this is that we are only 12 games into this season. sure we are a 7-5 team right now just two games above .500 but there are 70 more games to be played. lets not act like the sky has fallen and we are the 1987 clippers.

this is what I continue to say and will continue to say.

we're at the point in the season where a 5 GWS will probably put us at the top of the west.

if we get to the point in the year where a 7-8 GWS doesnt move us much or a 10 out of 12 only can't move us much because we're so far behind the good teams....then it's time to worry.
LACtdom
Sixth Man

Post#74 » by LACtdom » Mon Nov 24, 2014 6:05 am

Z-Bo is a quality player but it shouldn't be that easy for a single player to shut down our superstar offensive weapon.
kylem4711
Sixth Man
And1: 518

Post#75 » by kylem4711 » Mon Nov 24, 2014 6:23 am

LACtdom wrote:Z-Bo is a quality player but it shouldn't be that easy for a single player to shut down our superstar offensive weapon.

I think there are couple things going on with the Blake zbo match up. It's mental for sure. That's probably the biggest thing going on. Also they play team defense against Blake when he is in the post. Gasol can pretty much double Blake every time or sneak up on him and attempt to shot block. Stupid dj and his nonexistent offense... Plus Blake is dumb so he thinks him being open for those 19 footers is not on purpose.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using RealGM Forums mobile app
Lindecision
Banned User
And1: 151

Post#76 » by Lindecision » Mon Nov 24, 2014 6:37 am

It wasn't even close. The sad part is it didn't even surprise me. I just sat in silence watching the game. Good teams have figured us out unfortunately. I said it before and I'll say it again. This team is not elite anymore. This team is not a contender anymore. I don't want to get into the 'why' because there are multiple reasons and its just a broken record at this point. A trade is imperative.
QRich3
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,946

Post#77 » by QRich3 » Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:14 am

Couple things I took from the game:

No need to panic because we're losing games. Just like this year, we started 7-4 last year, and the schedule was pretty much the same. Only instead of Houston and Minnesota twice, this year we've played San Antonio, Chicago, Portland and Utah. Understandable we have one more loss now. Just like last year, we started with an awful defense. We kind of figured it out then, why shouldn't we do the same this year. It's frustrating but no need to claim the sky is falling.

Long term problem is the same as last year, and the year before that, we can't play consistent defense, any good passing team make us look like children trying to play men, and that's not gonna fly on the playoffs. Might work against 2-man teams like OKC or Houston, no chance it works against the likes of Spurs, Grizzlies, Warriors. Only chance for us to make some noise is A) DJ stops being a knucklehead (unlikely at this point) or B) we trade him for a defensive center. Not sure there's a realistic trade out there though.

I don't like that all-bench unit that Doc plays sometimes. Unless Crawford is having one of those nights, you're not gonna find any offense with Turk, Big Baby, Farmar and Hawes out there, and the defense is gonna be even terribl-er than our starting unit. Stagger Blake and Paul's minutes ffs! or keep Redick out there at least. And what's happening with Udoh? I though he could have helped us last night when he benched Hawes in the 2nd for being a revolving door. More than Davis at least.

Blake needs to be more aggressive, I thought he was hurting them when he started posting Randolph up on the left block, but they started trying to make it difficult for him to get the ball in that area, and we just went away from it. We need to impose the way we want to play, if we just get discouraged because they're covering our favorite plays and just run something else, they're always gonna control the flow.

Even with how good they are, there were several stretches when they couldn't contain our offense. If we could play just above average defense, we'd be really difficult to stop. But they just basically did what they want with us when they had the ball.

Lots of work to do, but more than anything, every game we play I keep getting the feeling that the defensive ceiling of this team is too low for us to contend. And that's been happening since we started being good, still no solution in sight.
LACtdom
Sixth Man

Post#78 » by LACtdom » Mon Nov 24, 2014 12:11 pm

I would like Chris Paul to play a fair chunk of his minutes with the bench squad and basically just go into aggressive scoring mode. Then, when he is playing with the starting squad, he can focus on facilitating.
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#79 » by Quake Griffin » Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:22 pm

LACtdom wrote:Z-Bo is a quality player but it shouldn't be that easy for a single player to shut down our superstar offensive weapon.

lol if you think Z-Bo can or does shutdown Griffin.
MartinToVaught
RealGM

Post#80 » by MartinToVaught » Mon Nov 24, 2014 2:52 pm

Can we retire the "we were [insert record here] last year" talking point? It's a textbook example of the gambler's fallacy. Just because the record is the same so far does not guarantee the same results. Does this team look anywhere near as good as last year?

Also, last year's 7-4 record included whoopings of Golden State and Houston. This year, we've BEEN whooped by every half-decent team we've faced except for the Blazers, who are just as big of a fraud as we are.

Another thing: the West is much tougher this year than it was last year. We were 6th in the West at 7-4 last year. This year, we'd be fishing if the season ended today.

Return to Los Angeles Clippers